Beauty Bash 27 January 11

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Beauty Bash Live

Couldn't see a thread about today's live shows so thought I'd start one!

What did we think about the broadcasts with AY and Joolyer doing literal actual live demos on QVC customers and interviewing them?

I spotted a few folk wearing QVC 'fashion' in the line up.

On the whole, not bad - would be nice to see it done again next year.

I thought it was good to be honest - a few problems with the price on screen differing from that which Julia had on her card, although it's probably to do with VAT increase.

I thought it great to see Alison doing demonstrations - I like Alison and it's a shame there are not as many In The Salon With Alison shows over recent months.

Lots of fabulously made up ladies who looked like they were having a exceptionally nice time. I hope our ST.com members who went, got on camera and can report back what it was like to be there in person. I enjoyed watching the shows and had only little pangs of the green eyed monster.
I would like to have this show every year and get a blinkin invite at some point :)

New bigger lighter venue.
Lots of new companies on show -

Amara
balance me
EH amazing face
Instyler
Jemma Kidd
LP skin therapies
new cid
st tropez
yogi

+ all the old regulars decleor/elemis/gtinea/liz earle/leighton/bobbi brown/alpha h /BE/judith williams/LG/loccitane/lulu/marg dabbs/nails inc/ojon/opi/origins/perricone/philip kingsley/philosophy/prai/sarah chapman/sbc
shavata/ultrasun

Big goodie bag given at end - not all companies seem to have put in this time. Generous from the big boys - gat/elemis/decleor/prai/lulu/sbc

Had nails done by LDs girls/makeup by korben form jemma kidd ( he is lovely)and massage from balance me. They were doing spray tans from st tropez and a few people stripped off to their underwear in full view to have it done!
Alison Young/JR and Debbie Greenwood there. saw a few of the models floating around too.
Nice refreshments/not as cramped as last year ( this is my 3rd time - tickets got from draw not invite this year). More opportunity to chat/get advice/have treatment.
Faves - Leighton/philosophy girl/Keely/Korben/andrew/sarah chapman
Good day out all round.
Freebies more than compensate for ridiculous train fare at 7am in the morning!
And Alexis again was really very pleasant and looking pretty good 12w after baby born.

This is what a friend of my friend posted to her about the contents of their goodie bag "Sbc five piece set! Gatineau six piece bos set, liz earle shampoo, ultrasun face, full size prai champagne caviar, teddy and cup with logo, opi, leighton denny bits, bliss, new linda papadopoulos set (u know from this morning) , five piece decleor hydration set, elemis tri enzyme wash and quartz lift, laura geller make up, lulu cleanser, day and night cream, perricone face finishing cream, origins, really good sized ojon restorative wax, balance me, loccitane hand creams, sbc Philosophy, smashbox bits, alpha h absolute eye complex and other bits."

I had a fabulous time, really good to be able to chat with the owners of companies (CID, Andrew from Gatineau UK, Michelle from Alpha-H) and speak to the experts. Where else would I be able to get advice from people like Fiona (ie. who are head of training for their companies). I think everyone's goodie bags were slightly different but some brands were very generous.

Tuned in and heard Julia and her telephone voice and tuned out just as quick. I have to mute the tv when they have telephone callers so this was cringe overload and as they had nothing new to air a pointless programme IMO.

If the guests, standing around the live sales pitches are a small example of the general QVC audience, then I am surprised and confused.

Almost all ladies (yes, they seemed to all be in ther 50's) nothing wrong with that, but they all swore by various beauty products, such as Elemis, Decleor, BUT I wouldn't personally say that their facial skin was outstanding, for their age, which makes me think are QVC making empty promises about their products? Or did QVC bribe the small crowd to endorse various items?

I noticed this too. During the Elemis demonstration the lady Alison spoke to couldn't even name the Elemis cream she was using. I think they just wanted to get their faces on TV!

I enjoyed it, not the same as being there :)envy: LOL) but it gave a flavour of what it would be like. I liked seeing the demos on real women as opposed to the models and was more impressed with the products as a result of seeing how the women looked at the end. It was also fun looking at the customers and spotting QVC products (I spotted a couple of dresses that looked really good 'in the flesh'). I hope QVC do this live show again and do similar ones for fashion and crafting :clapping:

Hope all the shopping telly folk who went had a fab time and made out like bandits with the goodie bag! :happy:

Didn't realise it was going to be on so once I'd tuned in I quite enjoyed it. I must say I did feel a bit envious. I wish that it was offered on a buy tickets basis. I'm sure that the real genuine beauty-holics would get a look in and, like me dearly love to see the faces in the 'flesh' who we take advice from.
I've been buying the big brands for years from QVC and feel a bit 'left out' when you hear about these bashes.

Would love it if they moved the venue oop north to Manchester or Liverpool so that other viewers could have the chance to attend without the exhorbitant expense of travelling to London. Great that all the firms there were so generous with their freebies though.

Would love it if they moved the venue oop north to Manchester or Liverpool so that other viewers could have the chance to attend without the exhorbitant expense of travelling to London. Great that all the firms there were so generous with their freebies though.

But they would ( JR et al) would have to come NORTH.Although JR is from Nottingham that's not NORTH. But agree there is a life outside London! ( Not that the BBC & their move to Media City Salford would agree?)

That's a great idea. Not least because those close to London have much more chance to get to major stores which stock some of the less available ranges and have a good try of the samples before taking the plunge. It would give us northerners a great opportunity to see what we really like rather than just listening to the sales patter and relying on the money back guarantee (which is great but a bit of a faff).

Looked a good do though. Forgot to look out for fashion faux pas, but maybe that's because everyone looked very well groomed. I did notice that JR had made an effort in the leg department. She was wearing dark tights so no toe-posts, but I didn't see what she actually literally had on the foot area.

Last edited:
Had a fab day, got to speak to all the presenters and many of the guests and everyone was wonderful and very friendly. Had photos taken with AY, Andrew Bagley, Debbie G, Keeley (sp?), Julia, Leighton, not that I wanted it - I got pushed into it by my guest, but it was a blast and they were all up for it - they insisted! Debbie G was outstandingly nice and very easy to chat with - we were chatting for ages. Got a consultation from Daniel Field of Amara hair which led to a bag of freebies which I'm itching to try and he was so nice too - very friendly. Leighton Denny was great again, had quite a laugh with him in the end. Got a pile of lovely goodies in my bag, which I still have yet to dig into completely. There's loads I've not seen yet. Didn't stand behind the live demos but did manage to get my mug on the telly in the end - I taped the show and saw myself when I looked at last night. It was lovely speaking to Alison. She has a brilliant sense of humour and was easy to chat with. Also didn't mind questions about mascara! One lady I met is Emma Hardie. She's due to launch her range in March and her products seem good - we got freebies! Had a lovely long chat about all sorts of things. Also want to mention Michelle from Alpha-h. Spoke to her for a long time about products and so on. She'd only just arrived in the UK and must've been feeling it but you'd never have known. Her skin is fab up close too, considering what she's been through with it. That is testament to her products.

A brilliant day and I hope I get the chance to go again sometime in the future. Thanks to QVC for laying it on. It's a shame more can't get to go and I appreciate the difficulties of getting to London. I only travelled from Brighton and it was hard work.

Emma Hardie has been in SpaceNK for about a year.

In the US their Beauty Bash is in one place. Think how large the US is. Their's is a lottery who gets tickets but you have to pay for them. They do packages for hotel stays, and whether you chose to stay for just lunch or also the evening meals.

As QVC UK studios etc are based in London can't see them changing locations.

Sorry if this is a duplicate post but I'm sure I posted something earlier but can't find it...anyhow, just wanted to add my pennorth, was a fab day, had a great time, everyone was lovely and much smaller in the flesh! Had my nails done by Leighton's girls, facial with Michaela Gatineau, not a range I'm that familiar with but loved their stand and all their staff, nice chat with a Liz Earle lady about the fragrance, she had a hand in it (not literally!), also got accosted by Debbie Greenwood who does seem to geniunely like us QVC viewers! As for the goodies, I shall never want for an organza pouch again!! It was amazing and must've had a good few quid's worth of stuff in it - thanks QVC, you did us proud!

Latest posts

Back