Beauty Expert or Beauty Saleswoman

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I’ve never been able to experiment with make up due to having ultra sensitive skin but even I can see that AY is so outdated in her make up and hair that she wouldn’t inspire anyone to take a button of notice of her “expertise “ - it’s obvious she has no bearing on the sales, they sell themselves.

Experts in any field are constantly updating their skills and I do not mean just letting Keeley or whoever slap a bit of slop around your kisser.

She is very outdated in her style but I suppose AY is there to sell beauty products which she seems to be doing very successfully. It's a good job she's not there to sell clothes :mysmilie_11:

CC

AY doesn't appear very often nowadays .. Rarely presenting TSVs, demonstrating products and, as said earlier, recommending products for different skin types ...

Comes across as she is not too bothered either ..

And no, I am not advocating she should lose her job

I wasn’t advocating her losing her job, but if she’s as qualified as she thinks she is, then surely she’d get a job anywhere, apparently she’s extremely well off so maybe it would be time to give it to another salesperson, I say salesperson and not beauty expert because they’d be there solely to sell QVC beauty products. She’s extremely out dated now because she doesn’t know, or has any interest in, social media, nothing wrong with that except when you’re in the public eye and have your own beauty website they pretty much go hand in hand. Will Gowjng does all we social media.

I don't feel I need protecting against sales staff including those on shopping telly.

Many beauticians make money upselling products.

I wouldn't publicly accuse someone of lying on a public forum.

I wouldn't publicly accuse someone of lying on a public forum.

That’s no doubt aimed at me.......again! (yawn) I normally wouldn’t call someone a liar, but when it involves someone trying to extract money from people by being deceitful, I’ll call them out on it, just like you are me now, oh the irony.

AY (facially anyway) looked better today (4-5pm), mind you the big white shoes with black tights was an unusual pairing.

Alison's face area showing its age, late nights or ill health helps remind me that if all the skincare at her disposal can't counteract those things that affect everyone sooner or later then I should lower my own expectations.

AY (facially anyway) looked better today (4-5pm), mind you the big white shoes with black tights was an unusual pairing.

Alison's face area showing its age, late nights or ill health helps remind me that if all the skincare at her disposal can't counteract those things that affect everyone sooner or later then I should lower my own expectations.

Good for AY however for not using injected products - which seems to have become the norm these days. Actually, it would probably be career suicide if she did - but I expect she'd get away with it. I hope she continues with the natural look - for all the comments, at least it's natural. It's not so easy to look good if one has to plaster on the slap for tv lighting etc.

Good for AY however for not using injected products - which seems to have become the norm these days. Actually, it would probably be career suicide if she did - but I expect she'd get away with it. I hope she continues with the natural look - for all the comments, at least it's natural. It's not so easy to look good if one has to plaster on the slap for tv lighting etc.

I've just had a look at this clip of AY with Jemma Forte & I think the middle of her forehead looks immobile which makes me think botox. 2 mins 10 secs onwards.
https://www.qvcuk.com/Molton-Brown-4-Piece-Luxury-Hand-Cream-40ml.product.239538.html?sc=IROA

Don't get me started on THAT pair again !

In fact, with all the different brands producing, how many beauty gizmos can the world take ? We have shavers, pocket hair removers, face masks, face rollers, tweezers with lights, rough heel buffers, facial muscle prongs, on and on and on it goes. All that money for a bit of plastic with a battery inside.

My money is spent on monthly Caci facials - by a professional with an industry sized machine - it works for me. And the rest of the time I use really old and rough face flannels that exfoliate my skin and dry with a really old and rough towel, ike my old gran and mum did. No soft and fluffy towels for me, and my skin is all the better for it.

Don't get me started on THAT pair again !

In fact, with all the different brands producing, how many beauty gizmos can the world take ? We have shavers, pocket hair removers, face masks, face rollers, tweezers with lights, rough heel buffers, facial muscle prongs, on and on and on it goes. All that money for a bit of plastic with a battery inside.

My money is spent on monthly Caci facials - by a professional with an industry sized machine - it works for me. And the rest of the time I use really old and rough face flannels that exfoliate my skin and dry with a really old and rough towel, ike my old gran and mum did. No soft and fluffy towels for me, and my skin is all the better for it.

I love scratchy flannels & towels too. My face cloths are so old & slaughtered (boil wash) but I will not throw out. Gets hard on laundry days when I have to hide them on the line from the 'washing police' who live opposite our garden.

There's a special place in hell for people who use fabric conditioner on towels, flannels and the like.

IMO (obviously) :)

Too perfumed for me it sets my skin off. A 5 minute quick gizz in the tumble dryer when they are very nearly fully dry and it fluffs them up enough for me.

I only use the sensitive sort which has a very neutral smell. Sainsbury own brand at the moment.

Also only on woolens and jeans so a bottle lasts me for a very very long time.

I have those Eco balls love them much better quality than when they first came to air on QVC...fluff up towels a treat love it

Latest posts

Back