Beauty Pick of the Month with Free P&P

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes, this is mega boring, I got one of her primers in a Tsv and whilst it is okay I certainly would not re-purchase it, but I do love the bare minerals neutralising one, am not sure what they put in it, but it appears to have a very calming effect on my skin, great stuff!

I hate when its an overseas guest with the BPOTM , As the whole of September , every beauty show we will see the same clip of Mally , in the bright white stupid :mysmilie_10:

And £50 for a primer , your having a laugh!! :headbang:

Studio not stupid...........:mysmilie_515: Oh well lol

My money is safe for the 9th month running...
I have a Laura Geller Spakle on the go at the minute and loads of 30ml tubes of Elemis' Flash balm for after that!

Beauty POM

I don't wear make up and am not, consequently, au fait with prices. The Mally primer seems, imo, to be quite expensive, although I see it is supersized - what capacity would a 'normal' size be? Even with free postage, £50 seems a lot. I think - don't take it as gospel - Mally is one of those brands, along with Liz Earle, Kim & Co, Michelle Hope, Kirks Folly, et al, which starts off being perceived as quite a reasonable, economical brand, only to get the shopper hooked and, surprise, increase the prices dramatically. I tried LE once and, as I hated it, have never repurchased. From what I have seen, LE never does a comparitively affordable tsv, which prices itself according to it's place in the skincare market. Elemis and Decleor may be more expensive, but they offer better vfm, as the reduction in price compared to the RRP is greater. Perhaps this is wy we haven't seen a LE beauty POM. Not a company which respects it's patrons, imo.
Beauty POM is something of a con; the intention is to have a psychological effect on the target audience, to convince them they are getting something for nothing, in this case, delivery. It is interesting to consider what the criteria is for choosing a product to be POM. Is it one which could be selling more inventory? Is it a surplus of stock? The Q would have us believe it is offering it as a favour to the customer but, fundamentally, all roads in sales lead to making a product, which is achieved by maximising sales. I have only ever bought a beauty POM once because of the free postage, and that was the PK Elasticiser, because the postage was £6. It done absolutely nothing for my below bum length hair, and went straight back. I know there are many users of his range, who wouldn't use anything else. I think it is over rated, over priced and non effective. Because of the length, my hair can be difficult to care for. If the elasticiser was going to work on any condition of hair, it would be mine, and it did not. I have no faith, therefore, in anything this guy produces. But this is just my opinion.

I don't wear make up and am not, consequently, au fait with prices. The Mally primer seems, imo, to be quite expensive, although I see it is supersized - what capacity would a 'normal' size be? Even with free postage, £50 seems a lot. I think - don't take it as gospel - Mally is one of those brands, along with Liz Earle, Kim & Co, Michelle Hope, Kirks Folly, et al, which starts off being perceived as quite a reasonable, economical brand, only to get the shopper hooked and, surprise, increase the prices dramatically. I tried LE once and, as I hated it, have never repurchased. From what I have seen, LE never does a comparitively affordable tsv, which prices itself according to it's place in the skincare market. Elemis and Decleor may be more expensive, but they offer better vfm, as the reduction in price compared to the RRP is greater. Perhaps this is wy we haven't seen a LE beauty POM. Not a company which respects it's patrons, imo.
Beauty POM is something of a con; the intention is to have a psychological effect on the target audience, to convince them they are getting something for nothing, in this case, delivery. It is interesting to consider what the criteria is for choosing a product to be POM. Is it one which could be selling more inventory? Is it a surplus of stock? The Q would have us believe it is offering it as a favour to the customer but, fundamentally, all roads in sales lead to making a product, which is achieved by maximising sales. I have only ever bought a beauty POM once because of the free postage, and that was the PK Elasticiser, because the postage was £6. It done absolutely nothing for my below bum length hair, and went straight back. I know there are many users of his range, who wouldn't use anything else. I think it is over rated, over priced and non effective. Because of the length, my hair can be difficult to care for. If the elasticiser was going to work on any condition of hair, it would be mine, and it did not. I have no faith, therefore, in anything this guy produces. But this is just my opinion.

Whats POM ?

Hi Ms S, good to see you posting again :mysmilie_59:...I've missed Mr S's torso :mysmilie_12:

October 2014 BPOTM

October's BPotM is 100ml of the Judith Williams LLB Rose Oil 100ml. I assume its this 205125 http://www.qvcuk.com/Judith-William...html?sc=SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-48-_-205125 currently £36 plus £3.95 postage. It would take so long to get through 100ml I'd be worried it'd start to go off sitting on my dressing table.

However this duo is still a fairly good deal, plus I'd prefer a smaller bottle of an oil so I could keep one in a dark cupboard until I need it. It's not such a good deal but offers 2x30ml for £26 & £3.95 p&p http://www.qvcuk.com/Judith-William...html?sc=SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-22-_-200865 a single 30ml bottle's rrp is £22.

I've got everything crossed for a litre Wen BPOTM in November!

October's BPotM is 100ml of the Judith Williams LLB Rose Oil 100ml. I assume its this 205125 http://www.qvcuk.com/Judith-William...html?sc=SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-48-_-205125 currently £36 plus £3.95 postage. It would take so long to get through 100ml I'd be worried it'd start to go off sitting on my dressing table.

However this duo is still a fairly good deal, plus I'd prefer a smaller bottle of an oil so I could keep one in a dark cupboard until I need it. It's not such a good deal but offers 2x30ml for £26 & £3.95 p&p http://www.qvcuk.com/Judith-William...html?sc=SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-22-_-200865 a single 30ml bottle's rrp is £22.

I've got everything crossed for a litre Wen BPOTM in November!

i doubt you will get that because the biggest one Q now do is the sweet almond mint in the 950ml which is £45 + post www.qvcuk.com/Wen-by-Chaz-Dean-Swee...ml?sc=NVSTNW&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-23-_-206989

:mysmilie_17:Close enough Ian, now if you could just think of a way to get the price down to £25 and free p&p I'd be in like Flynn to order it! :mysmilie_59:

whoever Flynn is? Errol?

It's one of those sayings I say but then think they sound funny when you analyse them! :mysmilie_1: Time for more meds! Nurse!

Don't order yet because it's still showing £3.95 P&P at the moment! But it is the JW rose oil 205125.

It seems too similar to the October one - the JW Rose Oil. They do seem to repeat BPotM so it might feature again next year. Even with postage it's still a good price for 2 x AD Skin Synergy.

It seems too similar to the October one - the JW Rose Oil. They do seem to repeat BPotM so it might feature again next year. Even with postage it's still a good price for 2 x AD Skin Synergy.

I agree, it's an excellent price.
I don't need any though, I've got 2 bottles in my stash and considering one bottle lasts me 7 months (using every day), I'm sorted till next Christmas at least.

Havent heard anything about Novembers yet, But its Elemis Bliss Capsules in January

I love the AD Synergy oil but as someone else has said, it lasts for months. I bought it last time it was BPOTM.

Latest posts

Back