Beauty Tools & Accessories TSV 19/11/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Live now!

The TSV tomorrow is not the Instyler but the Babyliss Big Hair Petite item 400 983

BaByliss Big Hair Petite Rotating Hot Air Styler Brush 32mm
QVC Price £40.00
Today's Special Value Price £32.94
P&P £4.95

http://www.qvcuk.com/BaByliss-Big-H...t.400983.html?cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-1-_-400983

This rotating hot air styling brush is perfect for adding volume at the roots and boosting fullness as you style. It boasts active ionic conditioners to calm frizz and enhance shine, and a convenient 32mm barrel that's been designed with shorter hair and fringes in mind. Recreate that unbeatable just-left-the-salon feeling at home with the BaByliss Big Hair Petite Hot Air Styler.

Ionic technology - aspects of modern living like air conditioning, contact with man-made fibres and air pollution can contribute towards a build-up of static electricity in your hair, causing the surface of the cuticle to become rough creating a dull appearance. This cleverly-designed brush is designed to smooth the cuticle, resulting in hair that's shiny, manageable and flyaway-free.

A blow-dry finish at home - the brush head with soft bristles rotates whilst blasting air from the barrel. Position the barrel underneath the hair section to lift hair from the root, creating shape and bounce through the lengths, for a 'blow-dry' finish that normally only hairdressers can achieve.

Only at QVC - you won't find the Big Hair Petite anywhere else because it's been created especially for QVC following feedback at our annual Beauty Bash, with a smaller-than-usual barrel that caters specifically for those with shorter hair styles.

A multitude of settings - it features a multi-directional brush that rotates both clockwise and anti-clockwise (so you won't have to hold it at any funny angles), as well as two heat settings, and a cool setting.

Rotating action easily creates a shiny blow-dry finish
A soft mixture of natural boar and nylon bristles create ultimate smoothness and shine
Ionic technology for frizz control
Not suitable for use on hair longer than the jawline
Two year guarantee

Technical specifications:
32mm ceramic barrel
3 x heat settings: hot, warm and cool
Hinged rear air filter – for easy cleaning
Protective bristle cover – for when not in use
Wattage: 700W
Power cord length: 2.5m (8.2ft)

What's in the box?
1 x Big Hair Petite (700W)
1 x protective cover
1 x instruction booklet

I have ordered this. I had the original and loved it, but since having radiotherapy and chemo my hair is shorter and less of it. I think the smaller barrel will be a big help,

I'm not sure whether the 42mm barrel might be better for me as I have a shoulder length bob. I think I'll have a search round on the internet and see what the prices are for other models. Does anyone else think that the model on Q's homepage looks like she may be wearing a Ken Pavers wig as it looks very artificial to me? If it is my next question would be..Why?

I'm not sure whether the 42mm barrel might be better for me as I have a shoulder length bob. I think I'll have a search round on the internet and see what the prices are for other models. Does anyone else think that the model on Q's homepage looks like she may be wearing a Ken Pavers wig as it looks very artificial to me? If it is my next question would be..Why?

I saw a bit of the demo live on launch and I thought a number of the models looked like they were wearing wigs.

Hi Pandora I think the barrel on this petite version may be too small for you with a shoulder length bob, my friend has the same style as you and she's always stealing mine which is the original, and it works great on her, any smaller and it wouldn't give the volume. I feel this petite version is more for chin length and shorter. Having said that, QVC is one of the better places to try things like this as you can send it back if it's not right for you.

I have a shoulder length, very layered bob and had the two original different sizes. Can't remember the actually sizes sorry but by far the better one for me to get volume into my hair is the larger, original one. When the smaller one went phut I didn't bother to replace it but I use the larger one every time I dry my hair.

I think you will be better with the larger barrel,too. It says in the description not for use for hair longer than the jawline. I think besides it not giving you volume, you will run the risk of it getting tangled in your hair if wrapping too much hair round the barrel.

I bought this in 2010 and later bought the first Big Hair when it launched and they're equally effective in my hair. Back then my hair was in a shoulder-length bob. Now my hair is longer again I only used the small brush on my fringe when I have one. The bonus with the Rowenta is the brushes are removable and easier to pack the main body with one or both brushes in an overnight bag, plus it has a 2 pin plug so doesn't need an adapter for shaving sockets in the UK or for European plug sockets. In fact the Amazon seller in Germany sent me an adapter with my order. I did a quick google and found this site (which may not be kosher so do your research before sharing your card details, after Strato's recent experience)

As I say both the Rowenta and the Babyliss work in my hair (fine straight and lots of it), but if you have thricker or coarser textured hair drying will take longer because you'll have to use smaller sections each time for the brush bristles to catch all the hair. I wouldn't be without one now. There are a couple of reviews on youtube like this one and others for the Babyliss one.

I have ordered this. I use the smaller version of the big hair nearly every day. It would be my desert island product (along with electricity,of course.)

A big thank you to everyone who left such helpful comments about what might be suitable for me. I think I will bide my time and wait for a good price on the dual version of the Babyliss that I have seen on various sites. The length of my hair can vary quite a bit between Summer and Winter, depending on how much hair I want around my neck especially in a hot summer so I think having the versatility of different barrel sizes would be better for me.

Latest posts

Back