Before and After Pics

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I haven't seen Dr Nassif's before and after photos but a lot of before and afters if you look carefully have been taken in different lights or photoshopped or the camera settings changed so the colours look better on the after photos. Some of them are a bit blurry or the model isn't smiling in one - no end of stuff going on which enhances the after effect. Check the eye and hair colour and the background. Unless, of course, they've cloned out the background but they may still vary - extra warm effects, strange hairlines, all sorts.

If he was fiddling and some knew for sure, complain to Ofstaid (sp) QVC would end up with a very big fine.

He is a certified plastic surgeon, would it be worth doing something so stupid?
I’m sorry but whether he is certified or not he is trying to make as much money as possible from people who are sometimes gullible. I stand by what I said these photos are enhanced with different lighting etc.

If he was fiddling and some knew for sure, complain to Ofstaid (sp) QVC would end up with a very big fine.

His reputation is important. I doubt he'll do anything iffy. However, I can't believe that the afters would last long. Aren't the products just tightening the skin for a limited amount of time? He never says!

You hit the nail on the head Donna, "a certified plastic surgeon". Whose to say that work hasn't been done before using the products??

Some of the presenters have mentioned how strict QVC are with before and after photos, and that everything has to be monitored and signed off by their legal department. Which makes sense, because Ofcom or whoever would slap them with a fine if they were found to be making any form of misleading claim. And while the fine itself might not come to much, the reputational damage would be much harder to repair.

All that said, most of the time I'll look at these before and after pics and can barely tell which one's which.

Some of the presenters have mentioned how strict QVC are with before and after photos, and that everything has to be monitored and signed off by their legal department. Which makes sense, because Ofcom or whoever would slap them with a fine if they were found to be making any form of misleading claim. And while the fine itself might not come to much, the reputational damage would be much harder to repair.

All that said, most of the time I'll look at these before and after pics and can barely tell which one's which.
I don't know how they get away with using models full of fillers etc to demo skincare & lipsticks. The latter on lips filled beyond reasonable doubt. Laura Geller brand does that. Then they call it a plumping lipstick. How is that right? There should be a footnote displayed.

You can achieve a hell of a lot with photography, and even more with all manner of photographic enhancement, which isn't illegal. A cosmetic surgeon knows that creams/potions/gels etc., cannot alter anything; they would be regulated as drugs if they could. Still, as long as people are gullible, there's money to be made by the snake oil sellers.

I remember L'Oreal getting into trouble a few years ago.
Their mascara ads showed long thick lashes, the ad claimed this was the effect of using whatever mascara it was then.
It turned out to be lash inserts placed among the model's own lashes, very misleading if you didn't know this.
Yes I noticed after there was a post on the bottom of the ad saying that inserts were used. I'm lucky I have full lashes due to the eye drops I'm taking.

I love the ads showing glowing skin, makeup, and skin care on the TV. Then in very tiny print it will show a percentage out of a tiny trial number. Or shampoo, yes, opposed to showing unconditioned hair.

Way back when AY was a serious beauty expert, she used to say on air she would never work with models on QVC who had work done.

Latest posts

Back