Best Make up brushes??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The kabuki I got in with the Genie Cashmere Powder is lovely. Really dense.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

I find a lot of brushes just too rough or prickly on the skin (especially Bare Escentuals)...Just Beauty Direct do 'Ultimate' a lovely super soft synthetic brush range which are great for mineral makeup and general use.[/QUOTE

bare escentuals brushes are really rough specially the face ones. if you can get sable they are really lovely. dont know about it being animal friendly though. synthetic for powder does not tend to hold the mineral/powder as well as natural but are really nice and soft so you dont irritate your skin

I use Ultimate Brushes for my mineral make-up (available from JBD). Not sure where they are made (somewhere in Asia) but they do not shed like BE face brushes.

I use Sue Devitt's brushes for everything else (available from Harvey Nics) with the Bobbi Brown eyeshadow blender brush. Sue's brushes are not cheap but not crazy priced like some brands either and I've had mine for years without problem. The nice thing is that they do not lose their shape or softness when you wash them. In my opinion I prefer their quality to BB but sadly Sue doesn't do a crease blender nbrush so I turn to BB for that.

My vote also goes to Smashbox. I had a phase many years ago of buying every brush just so I had them all in number order. But whilst it cost me a small fortune, those brushes are genuinely as good as when I first bought them. Some are 10 years plus. I give them a gentle wash every now and then and it makes the world of difference when applying make up.

I also bought a great set from Ideal World, again 10 years plus called Zhen. I still have those as well and they've lasted well but these were an Asian brand. Not sure what they are made of but very soft and silky on the skin.

I'm still using a combination of smashbox, zhen and mojave magic brushes and a few models prefer and Laura Geller too. I am a little sad I know but I have a beautiful prescriptives set still in its box which I'm "saving" for a really rainy day when I need cheering up! I use this to justify many of those "aspirational" purchases, sometimes I'll come to my senses and sell said something on ebay but the odd thing I know will be happily used by me.

Jude xx

I bought a fab smashbox travel set of brushes in a zip up make up case, blusher, flat liner brush, highlighted, eye shadow and crease blender brush, again, beautifully soft and lasted really well. Also like LG's brush in its own case, as well as her double ended liner and shadow brush. Recently treated myself to a set of 3 pro silk brushes from QVC (kabuki brush, contour and blusher in a little travel case) and they are gorgeous and make my really quick and subtle.

The kabuki I got in with the Genie Cashmere Powder is lovely. Really dense.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

If you ever need to replace it, check out Ecotools. Absolutely fabulous brushes that are cheap(ish), easy to clean and apply anything perfectly.

I've tried everything over the years (tragic throwback addiction from the days when brushes were almost impossible to get!) and have found synthetics better than natural (shed less, not as scratchy, easy to clean). I loved JBD's Christopher Drummond and Ultimate ranges, have found ELF's range to be not as good quality (a cheap starter range for teenagers, though), but have settled for the Ecotools range as the brushes are similar to JBD's but cheaper. I won't be parted from my BeautyBlender (JBD again) for a flawless foundation, whether liquid, cream or powder (used dry for powder) and still love my MAC skunk for gel blushers. I was given a TBS kabuki that I also love and works very well for minerals or LG B&B.

If you plump for natural hair, invest in brush guards (eBay or JBD) to re-shape after washing (have found synthetics not so prone to losing their shape).

Another vote from me for EcoTools - absolutely soft as silk, yet dense too, really lovely. I'm also looking forward to the Real Techniques range available from Boots from the 15th Feb. One of the Pixiwoo girls designed them and they're supposed to be excellent. I have a few MAC ones and the recent Christmas brushes kit which I love (but v expensive!), and Body Shop kabuki ones (blusher & foundation) which are very nice too.

Another vote from me for EcoTools - absolutely soft as silk, yet dense too, really lovely. I'm also looking forward to the Real Techniques range available from Boots from the 15th Feb. One of the Pixiwoo girls designed them and they're supposed to be excellent. I have a few MAC ones and the recent Christmas brushes kit which I love (but v expensive!), and Body Shop kabuki ones (blusher & foundation) which are very nice too.

Like wise I'm going to give the real techniques a try they get reviewed really well. Mac are my favourite to date.

Have just purchased two sets of real techniques brushes and yes they do seem very good quality,thanks to all who recommended these.
Lynn

I bought the Face brush and the Blush brush from real Techniques yesterday in Boots. They are really good -more thanks to whoever recommended them here:happy:

I bought a Smashbox face and body brush #19.. but i did buy it off ebay...but how do i know its a genuine one AND not a copy? i'm only saying that because since i got it a few tiny bristles have been shedding from it each time i use it, though none came out today.. do new brushes tend to shed a few at first?

I bought a Smashbox face and body brush #19.. but i did buy it off ebay...but how do i know its a genuine one AND not a copy? i'm only saying that because since i got it a few tiny bristles have been shedding from it each time i use it, though none came out today.. do new brushes tend to shed a few at first?

None of my Smashbox brushes have ever shed so much as one hair not when they were new or old (I've had them for a two or three years now) Maybe I've just been lucky with my set though

Latest posts

Back