Jade Troth is back

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

299 for the round pendant. Do they, Hattie and DT, always talk over each other like that? And is the jadeite meant to be that slate grey colour? I’m a total gemstone newbie (been watching Gems on and off for years though normally muted and in the background).

299 for the round pendant. Do they, Hattie and DT, always talk over each other like that? And is the jadeite meant to be that slate grey colour? I’m a total gemstone newbie (been watching Gems on and off for years though normally muted and in the background).
I usually have most of DT's show on mute. And Olmec Jade is supposed to be a blue-ish colour I think. Not making jokes, but I'm partly colour blind so it could be either or, hence the 'ish' ;)

£299 for this too (no, it's not a Kimbie wax melt). 171.5 carats. That weighs just slightly more than a Troy ounce of silver, currently at roughly £23 per oz. I'm missing something. I must be. 🤷‍♂️

Screenshot_2024-05-10-04-14-53-246.jpeg

Yes, always talking over each other, drives me a bit crazy

Do they, Hattie and DT, always talk over each other like that?

Yes because they both love the sound of their own voice.

However, Dave Troth talks over EVERYBODY on Gemporia AND Jewellery Maker. He's so ignorant its unreal.

I love it when he's on with Angeline because Angeline refuses to let him takeover as if to say "I'm the presenter here - not you".

Yes because they both love the sound of their own voice.

However, Dave Troth talks over EVERYBODY on Gemporia AND Jewellery Maker. He's so ignorant its unreal.

I love it when he's on with Angeline because Angeline refuses to let him takeover as if to say "I'm the presenter here - not you".
If Angeline will happily try and drag attention away from Steve Bennett when he's in full Primal flow, she's not going to let Troff ramble on and on without interrupting.

She needs all attention on her as much as Hattie does, but Ange is much, much more scary with it. Push her, and the gloves soon come off

I tuned in today. Very briefly. I caught myself thinking, as I typed "665" into my remote: "Please don't let it be Dave Troth!". I think that speaks volumes - because I won't be the only one. It wasn't Troth - but it wasn't interesting or a good price either.

If Angeline will happily try and drag attention away from Steve Bennett when he's in full Primal flow, she's not going to let Troff ramble on and on without interrupting.

She needs all attention on her as much as Hattie does, but Ange is much, much more scary with it. Push her, and the gloves soon come off

It's great to see someone shut Troth up though because he loves to take over. Cannot stand the bloke.

I tuned in today. Very briefly. I caught myself thinking, as I typed "665" into my remote: "Please don't let it be Dave Troth!". I think that speaks volumes - because I won't be the only one. It wasn't Troth - but it wasn't interesting or a good price either.
I find myself watching less and less these days.

My last purchase from them last June, when I went on holiday. It seemed to break the habit, along with the millions of things that I just couldn’t put up with anymore. I’ve dipped in and out over the past year, and it’s not got any better.

Afghanite. What nonsense.

To be fair, Afghanite is a real mineral name. It's part of the Sodalite family of minerals (but it in itself is different to Sodalite).

I was first discovered in Afghanistan (hence it's name) - but has since been discovered in other parts of the world.

To be fair, Afghanite is a real mineral name. It's part of the Sodalite family of minerals (but it in itself is different to Sodalite).

I was first discovered in Afghanistan (hence it's name) - but has since been discovered in other parts of the world.
Didn't know it was found in other places. I have one piece of the Afghan version.

Latest posts

Back