Jade Troth is back

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

leslie61

Registered Shopper
He's done 2 shows this afternoon. The first auction was 1 item - surprise, surprise it was a Jade bangle. Jade that they bought way back in 2018-19 apparently. Type A, of course, and now he's doing another Jade show (4pm) and it's another jade bangle, Olmec Blue but this time it's from Guatemala (olmec blue but the detailed description says green!!!). The man is totally obsessed with the stuff.

The man is totally obsessed with the stuff.
I agree and thanks to this obsession he is transforming Gemporia into Jadeporia. Gemporia rarely showcases new gems now and has become very poor and boring.

However, the Jade always sells out despite the extortionate prices they demand for it. That's probably why they don't feel the need to worry about the opinion of customers like us.

A healthy, successful business caters for different types of customers and that is something they have forgotten

I don’t watch Gemporia much these days . Too much waffle and they take forever to get to the point. All I want to know is what is the item and the price.
Ellis is doing the waffle this afternoon about Jadeite .She’s saying people all over the world are interested in Jadeite. Of course it’s selling out according to her. Can’t stand it. Switched over.

For me the worst thing they do is their looky likey ranges.Such as Nilamani looking like Kashmir Sapphire,white zircon looking like diamonds etc.Also selling quartzite and calling it jadeite conveniently forgetting to mention that it’s only called that and not really jadeite.They’ll slip in stuff made with green onyx in between jadeite shows so that people will associate them because it looks like jadeite.It’s all very cynical marketing.They know exactly what they’re doing.

I once saw a review on Feefo where a customer had said of their Nilimani purchase ‘it’s sapphire, nothing more to say’ . I thought then that people have no idea what they are buying because of the way the jewellery is presented. So much for the ‘We want to educate’ . Not of course when it stands in the way of a sale.

Oh dear ,yet more jade.I thought it was going to be large carved pieces but now theyre flogging a set of six carved swans that don’t look too special to me.More like little knickknacks than anything else and they cost £3.500.I’m speechless in fact.

Earlier in the year, when Dave was hard-selling natural type A jadeite, I remember part of his pitch was, when this ran out (when will that be?!), Gemporia would need to buy types B (impregnated) and C (dyed), but he would never be on screen selling it - not up to his standards after all the type A he has presented. Today he’s back with type C - surprise, surprise! But it’s OK that it’s dyed, because it’s old mine material, not dyed in the modern but the traditional way. Whatever will he say next?

Earlier in the year, when Dave was hard-selling natural type A jadeite, I remember part of his pitch was, when this ran out (when will that be?!), Gemporia would need to buy types B (impregnated) and C (dyed), but he would never be on screen selling it - not up to his standards after all the type A he has presented. Today he’s back with type C - surprise, surprise! But it’s OK that it’s dyed, because it’s old mine material, not dyed in the modern but the traditional way. Whatever will he say next?

It's not just dyed though. Its soaked in Acid to 'bleach' it, then it has any flaws 'filled' with resin, and then it is dyed.

Type C Jadeite is Type B Jadeite - but with the extra treatment of being dyed.

Types B and C are low grade, low value, and generally sneered at by reputable Jadeite dealers.

There's no such thing as dying it in a 'modern way' or 'traditional way'. It's one process regardless of how old it is - the polymer resin is dyed, and then added to the Jadeite.

It's annoying when they try to suggest that the treatments they're offering are 'minimal' treatments - when actually, in this case, it's a very aggressive treatment.

They do the same with heat treatment. They have a habit of saying "it's had just a little bit of heat". Nonsense. No such thing. It's either heat treated - or it isn't. There's no in-between. They can't just subject a stone to a 'little bit of heat'. They're heated at extreme temperatures.

Latest posts

Back