Ellis unapologetic about jade

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ellis has become a tad overbearing. Not sure what has happened but her cryptic comments are not entirely helpful nor professional. As the paying customer we’re entitled to our views. She would be better placed to keep her comments to herself or spin it in a way that doesn’t come across as the viewer being told they in the wrong. I no longer enjoy her shows.

Ellis has become a tad overbearing. Not sure what has happened but her cryptic comments are not entirely helpful nor professional. As the paying customer we’re entitled to our views. She would be better placed to keep her comments to herself or spin it in a way that doesn’t come across as the viewer being told they in the wrong. I no longer enjoy her shows.
I never used to mind Ellis but she annoys me now. I find Angelina hard going too, I haven't seen Lynn for ages. Actually, they are all hard going!

I never used to mind Ellis but she annoys me now. I find Angelina hard going too, I haven't seen Lynn for ages. Actually, they are all hard going!
I used to like watching her and found she had a warm personality. Same as you, I find her extremely irritating. Angelina I feel comes across a tad preachy now. I actually enjoyed watching Jeff recently.

Lynn's mum passed away, so she has been off, I think she is back next week though
Ah, that's sad. Thanks for letting me know. Lost my Mum last year, it's such a hard time when it happens. 😪

I never used to mind Ellis - but I find her annoying now. The patronising way she talks to us, like we're kids, really gets on my nerves - and she's one of the worst for ludicrous claims now. And her constant "Lets show everyone how to buy" VT's is tedious too. They're every ten minutes or so. No other presenter does them that often.

The reason people aren't buying Ellis, is not because they don't know how to - it's because they're either sick of the constant Jade and Gold-Tone crap, or been bored into a coma by one of Dave Troth's monotone lectures.

The only presenters I can tolerate now are Jeff, Adina and Angeline. The rest are the most annoying TV presenters I've ever had the displeasure of watching.

Never mind repeatedly telling viewers how to buy. Ellis would be better served telling people how to return their colourless/snotty jade pieces and gold tone jewellery once the gold "plating" has rubbed off.

Never mind repeatedly telling viewers how to buy. Ellis would be better served telling people how to return their colourless/snotty jade pieces and gold tone jewellery once the gold "plating" has rubbed off.
And perhaps spend a bit of time explaining how the Price Pledge works, or mentioning a few times in the hour what fissure filling, or Iradiation or coating means.

I remember a while back that they made sure to know that all their gems are ethically sourced but that seems to have gone right out of the window now.
They've been selling Burmese gems for a quite a while now and I noticed at the weekend they were selling Kunzite from Afghanistan, a country that wouldn't even allow most of the presenters at Gems to even work if the company was based there because they are female. Absolutely sickening IMO that they would even consider selling gems from a country with their horrific record of human right abuses. It actually makes my blood boil.

I remember a while back that they made sure to know that all their gems are ethically sourced but that seems to have gone right out of the window now.
They've been selling Burmese gems for a quite a while now and I noticed at the weekend they were selling Kunzite from Afghanistan, a country that wouldn't even allow most of the presenters at Gems to even work if the company was based there because they are female. Absolutely sickening IMO that they would even consider selling gems from a country with their horrific record of human right abuses. It actually makes my blood boil.
I think they only have ethics when it’s convenient.

I suspect that, with their cashflow issues, and Dave T buying a small moon's worth of wishy-washy Type A jadeite, Gemporia can't afford to be so ethical these days.

And it's not just buying gem material, which is probably now acquired from traders and not "direct from the source" as the company likes to exclaim proudly. Another occasional claim of theirs is that they don't sell "brass or glass". Which appears to have been forgotten by Hattie when "designing" her scarf rings.

I suspect that, with their cashflow issues, and Dave T buying a small moon's worth of wishy-washy Type A jadeite, Gemporia can't afford to be so ethical these days.

And it's not just buying gem material, which is probably now acquired from traders and not "direct from the source" as the company likes to exclaim proudly. Another occasional claim of theirs is that they don't sell "brass or glass". Which appears to have been forgotten by Hattie when "designing" her scarf rings.
I remember being disappointed in their homewares when they launched back in Covid Times. I had thought that all these things would be made in the UK, not mass produced in China and shipped round the world. Same with Kati’s Visage skincare and makeup, but I suppose she can always wedge it in with all that Jade, save on shipping! I don’t think they are at all interested in ethics and the environmental impact they have. They may have started with all the best intentions, but these have disappeared over time.

Khotan ‘mutton fat’ jade, which Gemporia has been selling repeatedly and especially over the past week or so, comes from China’s Xin-Jiang province, notorious for the mass internment by the Chinese of its native Uighur population. But what’s a bit of “re-education” among friends when the sales mark-ups are good?

I'm not watching Gemporia these days even in the background WFH. I know there is no direct comparison but the whole philip schofield and holly willoughby press does make you stop and think again about presenters on TV. They are just actors paid to be nice and achieve best ratings, what you see is not a friend and you know very little about what they are like as people. Gemporia is much the same, except for the relative 'calibre' (poorer) certainly not friends in your living room, just sales people with targets to meet. All Gemporia presenters are actors, some relatively more convincing, others like Jess who are pure Pantomime and the likes of Dave need to go back to drama school, excruciatingly dull 😁

Did you noticed that they are going to have a weekend dedicated to jade? Gemporia has become unwatchable
No! Really! I had to switch off this morning due to Jade it took Dave over 20 minutes to tell the same old story he still wasn't finished when I turned for the last time. Needless to say I didn't watch the whole time he was on I would of been tearing my hair out. Now it's On for the weekend? I thought it was finished a few weeks ago by what Dave said. It's insulting to keep saying this is the last time it will be on , only for it to appear the next day. They really think we are dimwits. So happy I won't buy from them now and even Steve has jumped on the band wagon of ignoring his customers in favour of more money!

Yes, this weekend's theme is Treasures of the East'. What their schedule for the weekend shows is that such treasure is mostly jade. Dave was on at 10am and will be at 2pm.

Latest posts

Back