Ellis must think her viewers suffer with Amnesia

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

TheManWithNoName

Registered Shopper
Ellis has rapidly gone from one of the best presenters on Gemporia - to one of the worst.

Item is at £49.99 on screen.

"Dave, show everyone how to buy"

3 minutes later - item drops to £29.99p

The amount of times she tells them to cut to this VT is ridiculous. I did make a point of counting a few weeks ago - and it was something like 8 times in one hour.

Does she think everyone suffers with amnesia? We don't need telling every 5 minutes Ellis!!

Ellis has rapidly gone from one of the best presenters on Gemporia - to one of the worst.

Item is at £49.99 on screen.

3 minutes later - item drops to £29.99p

The amount of times she tells them to cut to this VT is ridiculous. I did make a point of counting a few weeks ago - and it was something like 8 times in one hour.

Does she think everyone suffers with amnesia? We don't need telling every 5 minutes Ellis!!
The more VT's we watch, the less work she had to do.

The
The more VT's we watch, the less work she had to do.

more VT's we watch, the less work she had to do

It's the same with those dire videos from customers who think Gemporia is the best thing since sliced bread. They make me cringe, so OTT. It just goes on for too long, and to keep repeating the 'how to buy' videos is bonkers. It's not exactly hard to work out how to do it. Perhaps their mission is to bore everyone to death, and with the amount of jade still on offer it looks like they're succeeding.

It's the same with those dire videos from customers who think Gemporia is the best thing since sliced bread.

Those are awful. They're about 6 or 7 years old now and they could really do with some new ones.

They are worth a chuckle though........

There's the woman that tells us that she believes Ellis' daughter (Millie) has joined Gemporia now. The VT is that old and out-of-date that Millie has joined, been given her P45, re-joined, been given her P45 again, and recently re-joined again for the 3rd time.........

I particularly like the old lady that says she's never had any problems - but then goes on to tell us about two problems she's had. One with an order in the post, and then the problem with a diamond pendant where Gemporia had to write to her to tell her there were more diamonds in it than originally stated.

Then there's the woman that rocks in her chair, doing an impression of a dinosaur(!), when she tells us she wanted something with a historical story behind it. I never quite know whether to laugh or cry at that one - it's awful.

I particularly like the old lady that says she's never had any problems - but then goes on to tell us about two problems she's had. One with an order in the post, and then the problem with a diamond pendant where Gemporia had to write to her to tell her there were more diamonds in it than originally stated.
I always chuckle at that one. No problems but cock up by Royal Mail and more diamonds than supposed to be? The VT editor must have been having a laugh.
Then there's the woman that rocks in her chair, doing an impression of a dinosaur(!), when she tells us she wanted something with a historical story behind it. I never quite know whether to laugh or cry at that one - it's awful.
I quite like this one. The idea that a (probably) £20 silver ring with Terezinha emeralds was for her because the mineral was "older than dinosaurs" was cute and, I thought, more what that level of jewellery should be about.

Those are awful. They're about 6 or 7 years old now and they could really do with some new ones.

They are worth a chuckle though........

There's the woman that tells us that she believes Ellis' daughter (Millie) has joined Gemporia now. The VT is that old and out-of-date that Millie has joined, been given her P45, re-joined, been given her P45 again, and recently re-joined again for the 3rd time.........

Oh, no! I've never seen 'Dinosaur Impression Woman' - and I desperately need to - now!! I spent 5 minutes an hour or so ago watching Jade Sloth proclaiming the wonders of a strawberry quartz bracelet, so I think seeing Dinosaur Impression Woman isn't too much to ask. The adverts I have seen have been pretty dire, but this sounds like it reaches new heights (or should I say depths?).

Oh, no! I've never seen 'Dinosaur Impression Woman' - and I desperately need to - now!! I spent 5 minutes an hour or so ago watching Jade Sloth proclaiming the wonders of a strawberry quartz bracelet, so I think seeing Dinosaur Impression Woman isn't too much to ask. The adverts I have seen have been pretty dire, but this sounds like it reaches new heights (or should I say depths?).
I'm sure you'll have seen it at some point - it's been on-and-off for the past 4 years or so. The trauma of seeing it has probably just blocked it from your mind.

Ellis was playing holier than thou this afternoon.

Flogging an untreated Cultured Pearl and Pendant set - doing a price comparison to Tiffanys.

Ellis chirps "They don't even say whether theirs are bleached or not. These are completely natural".

Yeah, lets not go there Ellis. You've only gone down that route knowing full well that the set your flogging is untreated.

If you'd have been flogging a bleached set, your mouth would have been firmly shut and treatments would not have been part of the conversation at all.

Ellis thinking everyone suffers with Amnesia again today.

She did a pearl necklace. Did the usual 'game of trust' followed by 'show everyone how to buy Dave'.

Literally 5 minutes later, she does the matching bracelet. 'Dave, show everyone how to buy'.

The amount of VTs she cuts to per hour is ridiculous. No other presenter does this.

Ellis thinking everyone suffers with Amnesia again today.

She did a pearl necklace. Did the usual 'game of trust' followed by 'show everyone how to buy Dave'.

Literally 5 minutes later, she does the matching bracelet. 'Dave, show everyone how to buy'.

The amount of VTs she cuts to per hour is ridiculous. No other presenter does this.
Maybe the poor love is trying to manage a drinking habit. Every time she gets the urge, it's "Run VT!" and our El's necking the bottle.

It is ludicrous though

I can’t get over the teeny size of the Enchante candle. She’s not putting any pressure on but there’s only 500 and it won’t be sold again until 2025. That’s what I call pressure selling. I find it hard to know what Katy is saying half of the time because I can’t understand her.She speaks way too quickly for me anyway and I don’t really like the sound of her voice while I’m being honest.

I can’t get over the teeny size of the Enchante candle. She’s not putting any pressure on but there’s only 500 and it won’t be sold again until 2025. That’s what I call pressure selling. I find it hard to know what Katy is saying half of the time because I can’t understand her.She speaks way too quickly for me anyway and I don’t really like the sound of her voice while I’m being honest.
I think she is the only thing keeping the wolf from the door at Gemporia. She has an incredibly loyal fan base - just read those reviews, it’s like a Cult. As a card carrying Beauty Junkie, I’ve bought various things from Visage when it started. Never impressed enough to repurchase anything and unhappy that it’s all made in China and shipped I’ve here. Also vague response to my asking if it is Cruelty Free.

I think she is the only thing keeping the wolf from the door at Gemporia. She has an incredibly loyal fan base - just read those reviews, it’s like a Cult. As a card carrying Beauty Junkie, I’ve bought various things from Visage when it started. Never impressed enough to repurchase anything and unhappy that it’s all made in China and shipped I’ve here. Also vague response to my asking if it is Cruelty Free.
I think that you get people crossing into abject adulation of presenters on a few shopping telly channels. The one that springs to mind is Debbie Flint on QVC, who at one point had a private FB group full of admiring fans who were in awe of her appearing on telly, along with running a B&B (sorry, a "retreat") and self-publishing horrendous fiction for sale on Amazon.

It's the closest to chatting to actual TV celebs many people will get. And it's not like the presenters and guests maintain a strict boundary between their professional and personal lives. If anything, they're all mostly oversharing.

And then there are the sad, lonely people, who take these smiley bods on the telly at face value because they literally have nobody else in their lives.

Imagine being so desperate in life that you'd want to be a friend of Peter Simon :oops:
I think that if I ever got any urges to befriend him, I'd be asking my nearest and dearest to get me sectioned for everyone's safety 😬

And just in case this gets misunderstood: no, I am not mocking people with mental health problems.

Latest posts

Back