Bibi return

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Silver Fox

Registered Shopper
I rarely watch Q these days but caught sight of Maxine of Bibi balls fame.The pieces are now at a much lower price level than I remember from the old days and from what they were saying that was a strategic policy decision.Are they still made in the Netherlands or gone East to the land where everything comes out of the same warehouse?From some of the reviews the quality would seem to back that up too.

Perhaps Brexit influenced their decision ? Prices, taxes & duty and more paperwork ?

According to the BIbi B website, Maxine is the “face and owner” of the brand.
Also says founded in the Netherlands 20 years ago and relocated to London in 2016.
Part of Caramel Jewellery Ltd, but doesn’t state where made, so suspect that not in Netherlands any more.

According to the BIbi B website, Maxine is the “face and owner” of the brand.
Also says founded in the Netherlands 20 years ago and relocated to London in 2016.
Part of Caramel Jewellery Ltd, but doesn’t state where made, so suspect that not in Netherlands any more.
Thanks Madaunty, that explains a lot,it is Maxine’s version of a range that was started by someone else.If quality is cut then it will be short lived it is a look that you can get anywhere for a lot less.If Maxine if the ‘face’ of the brand is that a good move?

Thanks Madaunty, that explains a lot,it is Maxine’s version of a range that was started by someone else.If quality is cut then it will be short lived it is a look that you can get anywhere for a lot less.If Maxine if the ‘face’ of the brand is that a good move?
Ah, but is it her old face or her new face....?

Blimey! I'd vaguely heard of the brand, so I checked out the website and it all seems to be about Kate Thornton. Kate Thornton's been away from the limelight for a long time. I'm guessing that these brands that don't sell on the high street need something, or somebody to widen their publicity. I'm also guessing that a washed up celebrity is all they can afford, so in effect, they're helping one another. I very much doubt whether the celeb has any input whatsoever into the design - They're probably shown a catalogue of stuff to choose from, and put their names to the pieces that they've selected. It's a bit of a trick really to rope people in. If anything "celebrity" endorsement puts me off.

Latest posts

Back