Hermes Returns

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
I don't know what came over to me to spend over £100 on a single item with QVC. I normally never trust them with that much of my cash, but it was given as a gift and I just fancied a pair of boots I saw. Anyhow, the boots weren't what they were made out to be, so back they went. For the first time, I used the tie-in returns service that QVC have with Hermes, thinking it would be the best way. No problem using the service, it's pretty easy but, now, 10 days later, not a word from anyone. The tracking information hasn't updated in a week and I'm starting to get a bit nervous about where my parcel has gone. I did a bit of Googling and discovered much unhappiness with this service. I wish I'd looked first! Lots of people say it takes upward of 18 days (yes, you read that right) just to get the parcel back to QVC! Then you have to wait for the sloths in the warehouse to deal with it. I'll certainly not use this service again. How have QVC got the gall to charge excessive P&P in the first place for crap delivery and then charge you again for an even crappier returns service. Seriously, I am fuming here. Hermes say they are "contractually unable" to speak to customers directly about parcels sent to a retailer, and QVC just said that they recommend you wait at least 14 days for the delivery (then you have to wait for them to process). WHY? Amazon refund to customers on THE SAME DAY you give the parcel to the carrier. NO ONE ELSE ANYWHERE makes customers wait over two weeks just to get a refund. If something doesn't happen soon, I'll be passing this onto trading standards, mainly because there isn't a single mention anywhere of how long this service takes once you've paid for it. What are they doing with parcels during this time?

I don't know what came over to me to spend over £100 on a single item with QVC. I normally never trust them with that much of my cash, but it was given as a gift and I just fancied a pair of boots I saw. Anyhow, the boots weren't what they were made out to be, so back they went. For the first time, I used the tie-in returns service that QVC have with Hermes, thinking it would be the best way. No problem using the service, it's pretty easy but, now, 10 days later, not a word from anyone. The tracking information hasn't updated in a week and I'm starting to get a bit nervous about where my parcel has gone. I did a bit of Googling and discovered much unhappiness with this service. I wish I'd looked first! Lots of people say it takes upward of 18 days (yes, you read that right) just to get the parcel back to QVC! Then you have to wait for the sloths in the warehouse to deal with it. I'll certainly not use this service again. How have QVC got the gall to charge excessive P&P in the first place for crap delivery and then charge you again for an even crappier returns service. Seriously, I am fuming here. Hermes say they are "contractually unable" to speak to customers directly about parcels sent to a retailer, and QVC just said that they recommend you wait at least 14 days for the delivery (then you have to wait for them to process). WHY? Amazon refund to customers on THE SAME DAY you give the parcel to the carrier. NO ONE ELSE ANYWHERE makes customers wait over two weeks just to get a refund. If something doesn't happen soon, I'll be passing this onto trading standards, mainly because there isn't a single mention anywhere of how long this service takes once you've paid for it. What are they doing with parcels during this time?

If I have ever returned anything to QVC I have always used the Post Office. At least you can get a proof of postage which ,imo is a lot safer.

If you got a card receipt when Hermes collected your item, Moth you can email them at [email protected]. The card I had didn't have a ref number that was recognised as a tracking reference so I emailed to ask whether they could tell me whether QVC had received my item (which they had). Then I was able to forward the email reply from Hermes to QVC and ask them to refund on the strength of Hermes saying it had been delivered. I think there's a backlog (the size of 8 football pitches) where Hermes, Royal Mail etc drop off the returns but until they're scanned in QVC deny all knowledge of them. HTH

If you mean where you return to a store, I used my local One Stop store. It showed up on Hermes system almost immediately and then they had delivered it to QVC . Though then it took QVC a few days to acknowledge and another few days to refund.

Glad someone has cleared up whether or not you have to pay when you use that Hermes service. The QVC ad very conveniently doesn't mention it one way or the other. It does imply that it's free returns. Ideal World do have a free service if you take a parcel to Asda to send it back although I haven't used it. If you have to pay a courier you might as well take a parcel to the post office - at least you get an insurance with the PO.

CC

still waiting for my candles exchange. i had to exchange some sharp words to a cs staff who said "it clearly states in our terms and conditions you have to allow 14 days for a return to show up.

It really pees me off when they say it's in their terms and conditions. As far as I'm concerned, it should be shown or said on screen during their promo for the service.

As an aside, I've used the "To You" service with Asda and IW a few times now. It's not the speediest - allow 4 or 5 days for delivery - but they haven't messed up once. It's handy being in Asda too, as you can drop in there any time it's convenient to you rather than having to rush out to meet the Hermes parcel shop collection.

My One Stop is open from 7- 11 and is just around the corner to me so is convenient for me. I did not have to go at a specific time.

i did ask one of the qvc operatives if they had paid for an item that was sent in error had that picked up and nearly three weeks later no replacement but qvc still had thier money would they be happy with that. she said no she wouldn't. i said at least your honest which is more than i can say for qvc

Latest posts

Back