bid tv makeover!!!! Soooo excited!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Back to the original subject Bid are now showing a very short advert showing "change is coming" and i have heard many presenters saying the new set is out of this world.
I hope the graphics change as well...

Paul Becque did say a couple of weeks ago that its going to be more like other channels eg.... a kitchen set , and a living room ETC There is going to be 5 rooms aparently (Thats why Charlie McArdle says 'I dont see how it will all fit in!') - I would love to see the plans now though! :)

Paul Becque did say a couple of weeks ago that its going to be more like other channels eg.... a kitchen set , and a living room ETC There is going to be 5 rooms aparently (Thats why Charlie McArdle says 'I dont see how it will all fit in!') - I would love to see the plans now though! :)

I asked paul last night if he could give us more info, and I just logged onto facebook and this is what he said ' The new set is FIVE sets... a kitchen, a lounge, a diy area... etc and NEW graphics too... cooler, hipper, trendier! That's it... I'm keeping me mouth shut! heheheh' I'm even more excited now!! :D

I asked paul last night if he could give us more info, and I just logged onto facebook and this is what he said ' The new set is FIVE sets... a kitchen, a lounge, a diy area... etc and NEW graphics too... cooler, hipper, trendier! That's it... I'm keeping me mouth shut! heheheh' I'm even more excited now!! :D

Does this change mean a change in format, aka no clocks or rising prices,
because if its the same as every other channel, then there’s no point in falling prices, QVC2!

Does this change mean a change in format, aka no clocks or rising prices,
because if its the same as every other channel, then there’s no point in falling prices, QVC2!

I think it is all staying the same, but they will have different sets to sell the products. Eg a lounge for tv's.....kitchen for food items, I think it is instead of pods.

It sounds like they are getting new graphics too! :)

So really its the same apart from the set and graphics (as far as i am aware)

I don't see how they're going to fit in 5 sets! Watching the shenanigans with Peter Simon on sunday night he kept going on about how the studio is 15x15 and he kept using phrases like "in a dug-out in West London"

Last edited:
Hey guys,
Its the day before the New Bid TV which is unvieled at 6 p.m.
Just to let you guys know a little.. I work there and have had a look at the new studio we'll be working in. All very nice.. Can't say too much of course besides
Brand new much bigger set
New Graphics
New Music
All in all you should be pleased. All the channels are getting new music and new graphics
As far as I know, speed will have a little make over and price-drop had a little one recently.
As for warehouse clearance. The company have a brand new one and it is much cheaper to sell all the stock from the old warehouse as quickly as possible (Before the contract ends!) then to transport all the stock to the new one and yes it has something to do with things getting bigger :)

Hope that helps and don't forget to tune in at 6 p.m. Wednesday Bid TV

I thought i noticed a change in price-drop's set, there's more shades of purple around the monitors now?

Ohhhh Dear! I must be the only person on this forum who couldn't care less about the new look! I assumed that all 3 were getting up graded. Don't they all come from the same building then?

I don't see how they're going to fit in 5 sets! Watching the shenanigans with Peter Simon on sunday night he kept going on about how the studio is 15x15 and he kept using phrases like "in a dug-out in West London"

Jason, when Peter Simon said that, he was in the speedauction tv studio, the bid tv is huge, whereas the speedauction tv, is quite like Peter literally called it, a "hallway".

Bit of a let down if you ask me. Not keen on the new set at all although the new graphics are smarter. Anyone know whats happened to the Megadrops? Are they binned for good now as they are usually on for the channels Birthdays. Anyone in the know?

Well I feel like a prizy numpty - I was convinced that along with the new launch, they would use it as a chance to lower the genuine rip-off postage and phone call prices but nooooo!! They are the highest charges of any company in the country from what I have seen! Its daylight robbery in my opinion!!

Bit of a let down if you ask me. Not keen on the new set at all although the new graphics are smarter. Anyone know whats happened to the Megadrops? Are they binned for good now as they are usually on for the channels Birthdays. Anyone in the know?

dont they only usually do megadrops at the weekend like on normal years??

Well I feel like a prizy numpty - I was convinced that along with the new launch, they would use it as a chance to lower the genuine rip-off postage and phone call prices but nooooo!! They are the highest charges of any company in the country from what I have seen! Its daylight robbery in my opinion!!

well price drops postage is still the £5.99 from when they did that price plunge thing

I thought they may have done a combined-postage system at the very least. I could be wrong but when you factor in the rip-off postage and call charges (ie another tenner) are their prices any good? And what are they going to do come January when rip-off Britain becomes even more-rip-off Britain and VAT goes up?? Most of their stuff they sell seems to be the biggest no-name tat I have ever seen so perhaps it isnt available anywhere else and thus price comparisons cant be made?

Rich

Last edited:
What a let down. Was it my telly or was Charlies microphone broken? After all that fan fare.. Unveiling the studio... The big build up.... What do we have???

Pink socks with butterflies on them for 3 quid.. Anti climax or what ?

Yup his mic died. Agree with you on the mahoosive-anticlimax too!

I did think it was going to be a bit better to be fair.....I thought they might have had party poppers Etc! ;) I think the promotion is different as it is their 10th birthday, but I would have prefered megadrops!

the only good thing is that the studio is better than the old one and the graphics are better.
Apart from that, rip of P&P + phonel, the clock, the music need I say any more?
What a let down.

Yup, EPIC FAIL!! Well done bidtv, you should be proud!! :O/

Latest posts

Back