bid tv makeover!!!! Soooo excited!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Blimey seems they have brought back the old QVC set from the 80's its terrible !

My tellybox is broke. Can I watch this extravaganza on live web stream like at least 5 other shopping channels do - nooooo! Join the 21st century bid tv and get a web stream.

According to Charlie McArdle before the unveiling "Bid TV launched back in 1992"

What a load of fuss about nothing. I see the p&p and phone call prices are still minute. If they had halved those they would sell twice as much.
The presenters were still shouting, that woman(I think her name is Marie) seems to have gained more weight since yesterday and poor Marina should be taken away and taught how to wear a strapless tube dress. We did it with more style in the 60's
Why all the hype? We didn't switch on to see it until around 7 and were totally non impressed and went back to the commonwealth games. We still feel that for the few things we buy we will stick to QVC and Ideal World. We seem more and more, to look at situps and apart from bags say... 'Good God, how tacky' or 'HOW much!!!'

Nooooooo, Marina is the only decent thing on the sh!t-up channels!!!

Yar....the new make over is pretty is non-descript. It all looks a bit plain and warehouse-esque. Not a great look for the channel I feel. It just looks very plain. The new graphics are nice though - shame they couldn't have got some more new music though.

...and Marina is amazing. Nobody should insult her! :p

I like the new on-screen graphics. It's clearer on what they are selling (it appears on the top left of screen) and it is has a big "Phones Locked" sign when you are not supposed to ring. More importantly there are no phone numbers in view when it happens.

As to the set, it's a bit meh. Kind of what QVC used be like but it doesn't look as tacky as the previous set.

I have bought items from both QVC and Ideal World over the past year but I have never bought from the Sit-Up Channels. I have always been put off by the extortionate P&P delivery and phone call charges. And the fact nowadays they seem to sell mostly tat. :dull:

I have always been put off by the extortionate P&P delivery and phone call charges. And the fact nowadays they seem to sell mostly tat. :dull:

Spot on! The biggest load of shat-tat for the biggest postage and call charges!!

Rich

Some of the new on-screen graphics remind me of something I've seen before in the past...anyone remember a now-defunct shopping channel called iBuy? (Look it up on YouTube.)

Agreed as well that Bid and Price-drop appear to be now selling more tat than ever before, plus there's less variety in the type of items they sell along with not selling items as quickly as they used to (apart from handbags). When I'm watching it's usually something like a cheap digital camera, that TV internet dongle thing, bed linen, a blender or grill, a Mischa Barton handbag or something by Regatta (actually a decent brand) or Tommy and Kate (pass)...

Latest posts

Back