Birthday Weekend.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
Unless I missed it somewhere, I haven't seen much discussion on here about the Birthday Weekend. Is that because you'd barely notice that anything was happening? All I can see is a little logo on screen. No special products, very few special prices and no incentives at all - reduced P&P, that sort of thing. It's just the usual boring tat. Hours of the same things. Given that it's been touted as a big special event, it's been very flat so far.

Absolutely right it is a bit boring. I think as a real b/day prezzie to customers they should have done free P & P for the weekend. They usually go more over the top when its birthday time. Strange.....

Absolutely right it is a bit boring. I think as a real b/day prezzie to customers they should have done free P & P for the weekend. They usually go more over the top when its birthday time. Strange.....

Free P&P? And lose all the cash they're racking up with their extortionate rates? :giggle:

they even charged their own staff for Birthday cake ?!!! So's not much chance for us mere mortals!!!!!!xxxx

I thought birthday weekend would be more hyped up - a chance for mad easy pays or free p&p - its all been rather dull hasn't it:sleepy:

Well I share my actual literal birthday with QVC and yet not a card or present from them, very bad form, I think they should have sent me something every year since they had the cheek to hijack my 18th (OH thinks it's hilarious that the very day I was legally able to hold a credit card the UK got its first shopping channel. Thankfully I didn't find them for another decade...)

But yes from what I've seen it has been v boring, I thought they'd make far more of it, as others say free P&P, EasyPays etc. The Birthday Prices have seemed few and far between, and many were renamed items already in the clearance. Perhaps they're not too keen to flag up the whole "we've been here for seventeen years" thing as they're not too sure whether they'll be here in another 17 (when I've just realised I'll be 52 :eek: )

PS: What's this about them charging for birthday cake? I missed that...

These so called special events are becoming very boring. It is a bit like their summer 'sales' where the website changed the name 'clearance' to 'sale' but with exactly the same items at the same price!
Birthday Weekend price is just Introductory price renamed.

Why bother having these events if they are not going to offer anything to the customer?

I can remember in the early days of QVC when an Outlet was that and items sold instantly and I could never get through on the phone.... oh those day's are long gone. :nod:

not sure about it Being "prestigious" from what could I make out from, Herself (JR) and Ralph it was in the canteen !!! but you did get a "free" cup of coffee !!! also heard JF and simon Wilson giggling about it to the effect that they wouldn't be buying!!!!!!!!

not sure about it Being "prestigious" from what could I make out from, Herself (JR) and Ralph it was in the canteen !!! but you did get a "free" cup of coffee !!! also heard JF and simon Wilson giggling about it to the effect that they wouldn't be buying!!!!!!!!

Well it would deteriorate quickly on the windowsill in the bathroom, it would fight with Elemis milk for supremacy too.

I'm sure if QVC gave their staff, guests and presenters cake we'd end up paying for it in the end :wonder:

Jude xx

I've got visions of Ms Roberts jumping out the cake singing "Happy birthday QVC" in her best Marilyn Monroe voice

They don't know what they missed:

images

:drunk:

Hasn't it previously been a birthday week or am i confusing it with another event?

Also where is the Creede Silver Strike day which usually happens at the beginning of October?

Latest posts

Back