Bit of a bargain

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

This week my local Lidl had Camelias for £9.99 stacked with buds in two tone pink and white. Huge would cost at least £30.00 in a posh Garden centre. They have some Dianthus that would cost around £6-00 a pot in the right kind of shop for £1.79 also full of puds. they also had summer bulbs/corms/rizomes loads of the in a large container £2.00 a bag
So my Mr Dahlia missed all those then.🙄

This week my local Lidl had Camelias for £9.99 stacked with buds in two tone pink and white. Huge would cost at least £30.00 in a posh Garden centre. They have some Dianthus that would cost around £6-00 a pot in the right kind of shop for £1.79 also full of puds. they also had summer bulbs/corms/rizomes loads of the in a large container £2.00 a bag
I had a real downer on Lidl when they first came up the road here but I love it now and wish it was bigger!

Definitely a visit to the Lidl this weekend is on the cards. My plans are to be in the garden all weekend. Although I’ve been told we’re in for a cold spell next week so want to make the most of the glorious weather so far.

Oooh, I’ve never been much into gardening, having mostly lived in flats (sorry, apartments) but plants that grow puddings I could get on board with. 🙂

The Pelagoniums looked gorgeous the regal ones. I showed some basic pink ones a few weeks ago and have 9 seedlings so very happy with those

Oooh, I’ve never been much into gardening, having mostly lived in flats (sorry, apartments) but plants that grow puddings I could get on board with. 🙂
See my post above with the custard pie thing. Anything I want from the shops is totally brushed aside in favour of yellow ticket pies, puddings, cakes etc. (I don't even eat them but Mr CC is the shopper so I just have to suck it up) and of course it's a bargain. "Too cheap to leave lying".

CC

My anemones arrived safely today so tomorrow I’ll be soaking them, as per the instructions, and then planting them. Hopefully the squirrels won’t think that their Christmas has come early, like they usually do with bulbs but, to be on the safe side I’ll protect them until they’re established.

See my post above with the custard pie thing. Anything I want from the shops is totally brushed aside in favour of yellow ticket pies, puddings, cakes etc. (I don't even eat them but Mr CC is the shopper so I just have to suck it up) and of course it's a bargain. "Too cheap to leave lying".

CC
Mmmmmm…I’m wondering if Mr MA has a double life and is splitting his time between us……
I’m half convinced he has his own pricing gun and a roll of labels…..

Mmmmmm…I’m wondering if Mr MA has a double life and is splitting his time between us……
I’m half convinced he has his own pricing gun and a roll of labels…..
OMG, OMG, does Mr MA wear braces (not the teeth ones), drink Tenants, are there half price hot cross buns, pasties, turnips and god knows what!!!:LOL::LOL::LOL: Right, off to watch Still Game 😉

CC

I think I went overboard with the bulb, plants and seed buying. The kitchen table looks like a market stall. If you saw my garden you would say I have gone "Do Lally"
Yes, it is that time of year when Mr CC revolts and says "do we actually need any more effing plants?" as they cover every available surface. I just say "yes, dear, do calm down and have another pie". Works every time 🥧🥧

CC

I think I went overboard with the bulb, plants and seed buying. The kitchen table looks like a market stall. If you saw my garden you would say I have gone "Do Lally"

Latest posts

Back