Bit of a bargain

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I see from next week’s Lidl leaflet, they have some trays of upright and trailing geraniums. I bought a couple of trays 3 years ago for some of my outside window sill planters and most are still going strong - they keep re-flowering, which I‘m very proud of as I usually kill everything. I bet my local store won’t have them but I’d really like more. Of course, I could always drive to another Lidl but it’s a shame I can’t just pick these things up on my local shopping trip.

Oh well heres a Lidl window box with B&Q black pansy seeds
Don't forget to notify your gas and electricity meter readings by the end of March so you don't pay new prices for old gas usage.
How do you do that Strato I don't understand.

I have the new meter so they know what my readings are the Digital plug in one so hopefully that's enough

Even if you have a Smart meter, boffy, it is recommended that you take a photo of the readings on the meters despite the fact that your readings are sent automatically to the company.

You also take a photo of the readings shown if you have a “normal” meter. You then email the photos to your provider on 31st March. However, they’re calling this “meter reading day” so if the system is too busy you can send the photos as soon as possible.

This is to prevent the companies overcharging you for gas and/or electricity used before 1st April. Therefore you would pay the cheaper price up until 31st March and the new prices would start on 1st April.

My fixed rate tariff ends on the 30th April so I’ll be sending my photos to the company.

Martin Lewis also recommended doing this.

I’ve put a copy of the notification I received in the post below.

This is what I received which probably explains it better than I did. 😉

Attachments

• CA7BB298-DCBE-4AF4-8F72-B4069A066C71.jpeg
    CA7BB298-DCBE-4AF4-8F72-B4069A066C71.jpeg
    139.5 KB · Views: 62
I’m with British Gas, and have been for years, and I rang them yesterday about what would happen when my fixed tariff ended on 30th April. She said if I did nothing then I would revert to the price capped tariff which will work out cheaper than taking on another fixed rate one. This is exactly what Martin Lewis said so that’s what I’ll do until things return to normal (in about 50 years time. 😉)

I did take a photo of my meter today, just in case, but she actually said that as I have a Smart meter it wasn’t necessary as those readings are accurate and the rates will adjust automatically tomorrow. This contradicts what was said in the notification I received 🤔, which wasn’t from British Gas, so I’ll keep an eye on things and will send them today’s readings if needed.

It’s almost ironic though that just as the weather goes downhill the prices go up. 🙄

I see from next week’s Lidl leaflet, they have some trays of upright and trailing geraniums. I bought a couple of trays 3 years ago for some of my outside window sill planters and most are still going strong - they keep re-flowering, which I‘m very proud of as I usually kill everything. I bet my local store won’t have them but I’d really like more. Of course, I could always drive to another Lidl but it’s a shame I can’t just pick these things up on my local shopping trip.
Our Lidl has trailing geraniums for sale now. Have to say though I prefer the rosebud ones.

Latest posts

Back