Bose Wave Music System IV & In Ear Headphones TSV 10/01/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Another "added value" item where they include in-ear headphones.

I would not want such expensive in-ear headphones, as they are so susceptible to getting damaged when the wires accidentally get caught up in clothing etc.

Even with on-ear headphones, I would only choose expensive ones if they have a plug-in cable at the headphone end, so it can easily be replaced if the cable gets damaged.

And in any case, these days wired 'phones are old hat, should be Bluetooth.

Bose.co.uk site itself as got its sale starting today... Not much choice but some goods up to 50% off.

I went to have a look, couldn't find anything.

Searched for sale, but no valid results.

Not very good website IMO, and very slow.

Will phone them tomorrow if I remember.

Bose Wave Music System with Soundtrue IE Headphones with Accessories
Item Number: 507488
QVC Price £678.00
Today's Special Value Price £559.92
P&P £0.00

The latest Wave Music System IV from Bose features a sleek ergonomic design and uses their advanced Waveguide technology to produce outstanding audio from your CDs, iPod playlists, radio stations and more; and comes with the brilliant SoundTrue in-ear headphones, designed to give deep, clear sound. Enjoy award-winning, crystal-clear sound quality at home and on-the-go, with this stylish set from Bose.

Award-winning sound - years of research have enabled Bose to pack rich, big-speaker sound into a compact music device thanks to their patented Bose Waveguide speaker technology which enables full-bodied sound, especially in lower registers, for more natural-sounding bass and percussion instruments.

Improved radio reception - the Wave system features a precise DAB/FM/AM tuner with improved radio reception and RDF functionality that displays useful radio station information such as the title and artist of a song currently playing. The DAB capability will also help keep your system up to date as broadcasting evolves in the future.

Sleek, ergonomic design - the new and improved compact music system will look stylish in any room of your home and features a large, blue lit display panel with adjustable brightness, a front slot-loading CD player and touch top controls for on/off and snooze that are virtually invisible. All the controls are on a slim, credit card-sized, infrared remote which also controls some iPhone/iPod functions including playlist navigation and track skipping.

On-the-go music - crafted with well-articulated sound and sophisticated styling, the SoundTrue headphones produce deep, clear tones, with StayHear tips that provide a silicone-soft, conforming fit that keeps the headphones in place when you're on the move.

No set up required: just plug it in and you're ready to go
Brightly lit and easy-to-read digital display with adjustable brightness and automatic night-time dimming - shows artist, title and album name
On/Off/Snooze with just a simple tap
Clock features two independent alarms and simple snooze function
Built-in DAB AM/FM radio tuner with improved reception, seek and RDF functionality
Auxiliary input allows you to hook your Bose up to your TV, computer or even the older audio cassette players

Colours available:

Espresso Black
Platinum Silver
Platinum White

What's in the box?

Bose Wave music system IV
Bose SoundTrue IE headphones and accessories
Remote control (battery preinstalled)
AC power cord
3.5mm input cable
DAB dipole antenna

Antenna adaptor
Demonstration CD
Owner's guide

Added value:

SoundTrue In Ear Headphones with accessories

Dimensions:

Wave music system (h x w x d): 10.6cm x 36.8cm x 21.9cm (4.2" x 14.5" x 8.6")
Wave music system weight: 3.9kg
SoundTrue In Ear Headphones: 115cm (45.2")
SoundTrue In Ear Headphones weight: 18.5g

Input/output:

AUX input
FM antenna
DAB antenna
Headphone jack
Bose link

Behind the brand
After nearly five decades, Bose’s commitment to research and science continues to produce stylish and easy-to-use innovations that create crystal-clear sound. Bose products are used everywhere from the Olympic Games to the Sistine Chapel, from NASA space shuttles to the Japan National Theatre and in millions of homes around the world.

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.507488

never mind they will be blowing out the candles again you would think with their commitment to research and science they could come up with something else.

I sell Bose at work and, consequently, decided to go for a set of headphones. The sound is heard, as the musician wanted it to sound. Well worth the money. Generically, however, Bose is not a huge selling brand. Try as I might, I cannot justify the cost of a sound system.

The sound is overrated by QVC, and their "innovative waveguide technology" was in common use for loudspeakers since the 1930's, and I was using it myself in the 1950's, then known as "bass reflex" or "labyrinthine" (SP) speakers.

We have a Bose Soundwave, but I was lucky enough to be able to buy it via someone who could get it at trade price for us. I think it is exceptionally good, but would never have paid the rrp.

Still no built in Bluetooth, that's why they compensate and give 'freebies' with the system. Not many people I know, myself included, wouldn't invest in a system that didn't have this facility. It's about time they invested in making their products, especially these sound systems, future proof.

Still no built in Bluetooth, that's why they compensate and give 'freebies' with the system. Not many people I know, myself included, wouldn't invest in a system that didn't have this facility. It's about time they invested in making their products, especially these sound systems, future proof.

I agree. When spending this amount of money it should be up to date with current technology and anticipating that of the future.

You even have to set the clock manually, and you will be lucky to get it within a minute, and even then it doesn't keep accurate time.

Even my £20 Tesco DAB radio sets the time automatically, and is always correct.

And my £50 View Quest radio also has built-in Bluetooth.

Other tings to consider:

There are no controls on the unit, except on and off. So if you lose the remote, or the batteries go flat and you don't have the correct tiny watch batteries to hand, it is virtually unusable.

Also, there are no tone controls at all, you have to accept the tone that Bose give you, which many think is too boomy. Hard luck, you are stuck with it.

They seem really behind the times to me. It is only recently they provided built in DAB radio, until then you had to plug in a separate module, with a separate remote, and using the only accessory connector (so you couldn't then plug in their external Bluetooth module at the same time, or the separate ipod dock).

Latest posts

Back