Brand Reps - are they doing it for you?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

DebraJane

Registered Shopper
I don't want to start by being controversial on a Sunday morning but I was munching toast listening to the Elemis hour and Keeley IMO was not selling the products to me, her monotone delivery and her less than warm interaction with Jackie made the hour boring. Yes I could have switched over but when I switch back to an Elemis hour later (and I love Elemis products so I will want to) Keeley will still be there - this isn't about the Q presenter it's about the Brand rep.

Its made me think about some of the discussions we've had on here in the last year or so about Michaela, Abby (Ultrasun), Kathy (Prai), Alexis (L'Occitane) etc and I wondered who has influence over who represents the Brand? Does Q have any influence whatsoever?

Over time the presentation has the potential to become stale and it takes a good Brand rep to keep it fresh and appealing. Andrew (Gatineau) and Fiona (Decleor) are still getting it right, and hats off to Yankee for rotating new faces in and the old faces out, but some of the others..... PK has retired from the limelight I think for very different reasons but it means that his haircare brand has a fresh delivery. Q themselves have brought in new presenters.

Do others think a shakeup in Brand reps would help?

I am not keen on Keeley at all,but the one person who drives me Mad is Natalia she seems to pop up in every beauty show representing different things.
Lynn

Doing a bit of housework this morning and had the Beauty Channel on (because Elemis was on on the main one and Keeley does my head in) and they were showing bits from various OPI presentations.
I can safely say if I was looking for a nail polish or a manicure, I would not be rushing to OPI.
Have noticed before that the sister who does the nails frequently makes a mess of it. But on one of the presentations I saw this morning, her nails were chipped, smudged and actually looked dirty. Yuk. Not inspiring.
Won't even go into the mess she was making on the model.

Never watch the Liz Earle shows either. Identikit blonde guests with monotone voices. Dull, dull, dull.

Nearly forgot Natalia, the Revitalash annoyance. Instant switch off/over.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

In a nutshell, yes, I do find it tedious.
It is because it is the same spiel coming out of the same mouth over & over again

Yes please!

First out: Keeley, Fiona and Andrew Baguley, the three witches of beauty. None of these have anything left to say. Their presentations are tired and boring. Get rid.

Next: Marie Francoise Antoinette Celeste duBois of Kipling. Yes, I know. She's very nice very pretty girlie but Jesus I've seen enough of her to act a lifetime. Go get a proper acting job love.

Next: Fake Lash Natalie. Enough said....

Next: ANNE DORRINGTON and her warehouse full of shite.

I could carry on but frankly there'd be no-one left....

Not one of the beauty guests, with the exception of Sarah Chapman, are great adverts for their products. The auto pilot delivery of their well rehearsed spiel , makes them appear like well practised robots lacking in any spontaneity or personality. Keeley,Cathy prai and Fiona being the worst offenders

Natalie, fake
Mally , I know its her brand but she does my head in with all the screeching and "Miss Ali" business.

This won't be popular but i think Rosa YC looks scruffy and unkempt.You're on telly representing a brand ,smarten up and put a brush through your hair.

The best brand ambassadors ,imo, are guests like the Birki and van dahl ladies. They give us detailed information without waffle.

I just can not do with the insincere way of the sells picth. Best thing ever ect when you know they are (failed?) actors you are paid to represent the brand, with little knowledge about the products at times. A few days later you find them selling another item from a different firm with the same sales pitch..... I seriously find that almost insulting to me as a buyer (especially if they do not know the products very well)
Can we not have a copany representative who knows their stuff rather then a pretty little girl of 20 something selling me anti-aging stuff that she obviously needs every day !!!!!!!!

I like Marie Francoise, she knows her stuff and always gives us a good look at the bags which is what you need when deciding whether to buy or not. After all a bag is a bag, there's nothing earth shattering to say.

I also think June who represents Frank Usher jewellery is a great guest.

I prefer it if the brand reps actually work for the company they are representing rather than be rent a mouth for any old product!

Carla and Natalia are pointless to me - jack of all master of none in my opinion!

Thank you for the responses so far, seems there is a lot of agreement, we just need Q to take note as it impacts their profit margin and the long term relationship with their customers. It would be interesting to know whether others think the longevity of the Brand reps relationship with Q adds anything to the credibility of the product/brand or what is being said....

Burlz - I can't let you take Andrew off the air it's a ladies thing lol. Swap you Andrew for Daniel S?
DJ x

Andrew never used to do anything for me either.Then I met him at the BB and i have to say.he was very handsome and charming ,my knees went a little bit weak.

I like Marie Francoise, she knows her stuff and always gives us a good look at the bags which is what you need when deciding whether to buy or not. After all a bag is a bag, there's nothing earth shattering to say.

I like Marie Francoise too... she does seem to know the brand and the items and is good at demonstrating the bags.

Even my husband jokes about guessing what she's hiding in the bag: usually a bottle of water, a book and some flip flops.

Her smile just cheers me up... just like Lenny (Nina Leonard), Antthony, Johnnie (Laura Geller) and Stacey (YBF) who all make me smile.

Andrew, Mr. Shagtastic.:tongue:

I bought the Elemis TSV, did I watch or intend to watch any presentations? No.

The brand reps are there to sell you stuff, its their job. They are not your friends.

I prefer to see someone not pumped up with fillers, botox, false lashes. A real person who has used the brand for years, is happy to answer questions. This is suitable for X,Y and Z and not A to Z.

As with presenters this is a personal thing. On the whole I prefer to see the owner of the brand because they know what they're talking about even though some of them can be as annoying as some of the ones who pop up when an agency gives them a ring. I agree that they have sucked every last drop of interest out of Keely and Fiona but to be fair, maybe that has something to do with us all being more expert than the experts on brands which have been around on qvc forever. We know the routine better than they do.

Probably in the minority here but i actually like Keeley especially when shes on air with AY and Julia. Fiona and Andrew are getting boring. Rosa form YC i really likes, shes a great guest and doesnt come across as scruffy to me at all ,i think she dresses well for age and body shape, i guess her hair style could be better but shes not selling hair products shes selling candles .

Latest posts

Back