butler and wilson hairband

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Please talk to us stallholders at craft fairs. We know not everyone will buy but a little chat does no harm and sometimes after talking to us people come back and do actually buy something. As for the people who wanted to photograph the goods, it was a couple of kids jumpers that I had designed and mum had knitted and the folk really liked them but didn't want to buy them, just to photograph them, steal the idea, knit them themselves and sell them as their designs on ebay.

CC

So rude (see previous post.) I'd have 'hidden' the jumpers. Can't believe the people were so brazen - I'd feel bad photographing clothes on the DHS!

Did you ever see your own designs copied & put on ebay?

Last edited:
After having occasions when people would whip out their Smartphones to take pictures, I decided to have a donation box on the stall with a notice saying "in return for photographs please make a donation to the Retired Greyhound Trust". No photos are taken now !!!

(Sister Bliss, no I don't have a website, but I could send pics by email if you want to private message me)

Donation box is a great idea. Same theme - I'm sure the real reason no one uses plazzy bags anymore is, in truth, cos we're too tight to pay the 5p,more so than the environmental reasons.

I have cloth bags and yes I hate the 5p charge I dont see why John Lewis and other big stores dont use paper bags to wrap your expensive goods ...tight irritating stores

So rude (see previous post.) I'd have 'hidden' the jumpers. Can't believe the people were so brazen - I'd feel bad photographing clothes on the DHS!

Did you ever see your own designs copied & put on ebay?

Oh yes, people were copying so much that I stopped selling the finished designs as other folk were making more money than me, then I wrote them all down as knitting patterns, transferred them to PDFs and put them all out there on the net. I make far, far more money and as I allow others to sell what they make the original copiers had too much competition so they didn't sell as much. Hah! The only trouble I have now is people knitting my designs and selling them as their own which is annoying. (Just to add that I do complete and send off a tax return every year).

Oh yes, people were copying so much that I stopped selling the finished designs as other folk were making more money than me, then I wrote them all down as knitting patterns, transferred them to PDFs and put them all out there on the net. I make far, far more money and as I allow others to sell what they make the original copiers had too much competition so they didn't sell as much. Hah! The only trouble I have now is people knitting my designs and selling them as their own which is annoying. (Just to add that I do complete and send off a tax return every year).

Good idea re the patterns. Didn't know you could buy patterns designed by a crafter on ebay!

I passed through a craft fair today & slowed down & looked, but still felt bad that I didn't buy & had raised the vendors hopes. Incidentally she was selling the 'crystal' type headbands for £5.00. They seemed V small in the flesh & not a very wide band. Not sure what would suit my curly messy bob that sticks out a lot? Hmmm perhaps none of it,but I looked as some of you suggested.

PS Why are the Swarf. Crystals so special? I don't understand as aren't crystals just cut glass & therefore produced & not a gem that is mined? How does one verify a swarf. crystal over any ordinary china produced ctystal? Simon reckoned his headbands were Swarf. crystals, I think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Good idea re the patterns. Didn't know you could buy patterns designed by a crafter on ebay!

I don't sell them on ebay anymore as people like to buy the PDF and download it instantly themselves rather than wait for me to post paper copies via snail mail. I have a couple of e-shops on the net and they do quite well although I couldn't retire on it lol.

CC

Latest posts

Back