Butler and Wilson

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

YORKO

Registered Shopper
Even more sparkly shat, and the ****** skulls are back, how very festive:drunk:

On a positive note Julia looks lovely, think her hair is a shade darker, she looks classy apart from the tat adorning her neck and wrist

Yep totally agree, B&W used to have lovely things altho the finish was sometimes a bit iffy when you got them. Now they're really gawdy and garish & those tee shirts with the huge plastic fake crystals uuugggh! I too prefer Julia's hair, looks richer :happy:

Yes, I've noticed that Julia has changed here hair colour. It is a glossy darker shade and it really does suit her.

I agree about the B&W tat, i don't know why i'm still surprised by it, but i am.

Re julia's hair i think its too dark and looks too harsh. I think she should go lighter. She had a Ken Paves short wig on a few weeks ago, it was highlighted and took years off her.

I guess I'm just a dark haired girl & pay a small fortune to keep the greys at bay. The B&W stuff, have you noticed it's not selling anything like how it used to? Not surprising really, I think it's turned into a cheap looking brand, never tought I'd say that but it has. I bought a few bits from Simon in the past but always had the clear nail varnish at the ready to protect the finish from wearing off x.

Last edited:
I was just thinking the same about B&W - I have some pieces and used to love wearing them (just glass bead necklace and earring sets) and also some lovely bag charms (which the stones fell out of). I remember a couple of years ago that all of the dancers etc on Strictly come dancing where wearing B&W. Now - (sorry I felt ill at the thought of some poor dancer with a yellow and green duck with some other trashy embellishments adorning her ears) - everything has gone down hill so badly - no stylish pieces, just not my cup of tea.

The Radio Times missed this in their Christmas comedy highlights.......

£50 for a panda ring that looks like you got it out of a cracker

The whole thing is like a showcase for the eBay sellers that ship directly from China!!!!

Loving it......!!

I thought that was a panda but thought, no who would wear a panda ring! Really must get glasses. B&W isn't what it used to be. I had a nice flower necklace that fell apart and it was outwith the 30 day guarantee at QVC. B&W wanted £26 to repair it (plus postages of course). Still it is nowhere near as bad as the cheap chatty tat that Kirks Folly churn out for unbelieveably high prices.

CC

I thought that was a panda but thought, no who would wear a panda ring! Really must get glasses. B&W isn't what it used to be. I had a nice flower necklace that fell apart and it was outwith the 30 day guarantee at QVC. B&W wanted £26 to repair it (plus postages of course). Still it is nowhere near as bad as the cheap chatty tat that Kirks Folly churn out for unbelieveably high prices.

CC

Candycane you're so right! :nod: That stuff is pure toot! My mum bought a couple of her bits, she must have been tipsy at the time lol & they looked garish & fell apart. She comes across as a bit false to me, all that "Now my loves" & blowing glitter into the camera & all to sell that gawdy stuff at HUGE prices! In the early days I bought a watch from her & I have to say it was beautiful, people used to ask where I bought it. Since then Kirks Folly has seriously gone downhill.

Both are hard faced business people and as long as people buy the carp they will continue to put the prices up and reduce the quality (driven by QVC) until they reach the point where sales drop off. Then they will produce a "new" range, start off with lower prices and better quality - then the whole cycle starts again........

Basic free-market economics I'm afraid.

Latest posts

Back