Butler & Wilson

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I do remember that my SIL gave me a pair of B&W earrings about 25 years ago and they were lovely. Gold coloured circles with a crystal in the middle. They were extremely classy looking and I still have them. But most of the stuff on QVC is so overpriced for what it is and I am so not into skulls and things.

Although I have to admit that I could have been tempted by the Bargain Hunter last night as I have a lovely pair of earrings that would have gone quite well. Would have preferred it without the owl but the owl was certainly less scary than the horrible skulls!

Anyway, by the time I had a wee think about it it was gone.

I think it has to be taken in the kitcsh spirit it is meant................ I have had a ring and a watch and they have been lovely quality............ if your going to comment on garish clothes as I see your point how about the Artscapes stuff cant believe anyone would actually wear that awful stuff lol I like to watch Simon for the entertainment factor and you have to admire how lively he is for his age lol

A lot of people with tattoos and tattoo artist's would love the skulls and the rock chicks out there. The other pieces are for fun and it depends on how/where you wear it and what with. As for the man himself and his sizist range of both clothes and jewellery I would pass wouldn't want to line his pockets thank you.

A lot of people with tattoos and tattoo artist's would love the skulls and the rock chicks out there. The other pieces are for fun and it depends on how/where you wear it and what with. As for the man himself and his sizist range of both clothes and jewellery I would pass wouldn't want to line his pockets thank you.

I am not sure what you mean. Is his jewellery not made for larger people then? Do his clothes not come in different sizes?

Most of his T shirts are v small sizes, or at least they used to be I haven't watched for ages.

J x

Hi,
I'm a size 22, and have 3 or 4 of his t-shirts I bought a few years ago.

None recently mind. But then I'm not really into the roses, or puppies and kittens look!

Cheers,
Karen

Oooh forgot to say I found the Croc TSV in metallic green for a fiver in a local charity shop and the croc attachment still has both of it's eyes, not only that but there was another gold coloured crocodile bag charm (with brown crystals) inside the bag also with both eyes! No Tea bag though! I haven't used the bag (might ebay it) but keep cheking to see whether an eye has popped out yet!

Jude xx

OH SOMEONE PLEASE let Simon know that his beauuuuuuuudiful creation had finished up in a charity shop. I would LOVE to see his face !!!!!!!!!

Vivienne Westwood and Thomas Sebo both do skull jewellery and it is way more pricey than B and W. Probably better quality.

Lots of designer goods end up in charity shops. It's the only way I can afford them. I bought a Chloe bag in one a few years ago.

I am not sure what you mean. Is his jewellery not made for larger people then? Do his clothes not come in different sizes?

Personally I have found the necklaces too short (that could be personal preference) the rings are too small for me and I certainly wouldn't call a 47inch t-shirt a 3xl as he does.

From my experience, it is tat.

My two forrets into B&W have both been very disappointing I am sad to say. Quite a few years ago I bought a butterfly crystal hair band, the elastic snapped and off pinged the butterfly, I turned it into a brooch. Last Christmas I decided to buy a pair of earrings on lever backs. I wore them twice, on the second occasion, the little round loop from which the pendant hangs snapped in half. QVC couldn't replace them and I quite liked the drops as they were a bit quirkey, they are Union Jacks crystals. I know they are a bit tacky and I am a Swede but am also a British citizen, so I am officially allowed to sport them! B&W were a total loss, they didn't sound at all surprised by the fault and said I had to send them back to QVC or pay, yes pay B&W to repair them - cheeky so and so's. I bought a pair of sterling silver lever backs, so I still have them but what a waste of time. There will not be a third purchase.

Inge :eek:)

customer care is not something Butler and Wilson do, I know from my own experience, and have not bought anything from them since - and even that was my first purchase. At least I managed to finally get my money back .... but the effort it took was exasperating

You probably know that most of B&W stuff is made in Hong Kong, Simon probably has little input into the designs and it shows when he had to ask Julia what colourway is that and other questions.
I used to love some of his jewellery, the couture and one off pieces are beautiful, but the QVC things are tacky especially those cutesy effing animals. Not to mention his ridiculous clothing line - sorry Simon.

Last edited:
Is it just me or does simon appear to have been at the sauce before he goes online? He alwys seems a bit tiddly to me.

Latest posts

Back