Buying Laura Geller a birthday present,

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The best pressed mineral powder foundation I've used is Mineral Magic, seen as though it's hard to get hold of Jerome Alexander Magic Minerals, which was the best foundation of all time. It's not expensive either, which is always a bonus. :mysmilie_17:

Ah, Jerome Alexander. That's the make I've been trying to remember, I think. I had a set of compacts by the brand (if I'm right) about 10 years ago - eyeshadows, blusher, bronzer. Would it have been from Ideal World and does the brand no longer exist?

Happy birthday for Monday, Graham. I assume that's you in your forum photo and you don't look a day over 4.

Good job you mentioned the gold bullion as we were going to have a whip-round and get you a huge Laura Geller powder foundation.

I use this as foundation on a night out
talc.jpg

I think it's been said before that B&B is much more powdery than it used to be. But I also think that as we go through life, our skin changes, and what we prefer on our skin also changes.

I do like B&B as it's quick and simple to use, and by the luck of the makeup gods, the fair is a great match to my skin tone and colour. It does make me laugh though, that we are told it is a baked cream and yet the major ingredient is talc... do the liquid/cream foundations have talc in them, let alone as the first ingredient? I get that to have a pigmented foundation of whatever formulation, there must be solid stuff in suspension.

Before I discovered B&B, I had been sucked into the hype about Bare Minerals. I couldn't trust to get it right with QVC, so got colour matched at my local JLP - just as well as QVC never sold the shade I was matched to. I wore it for a few weeks but found it sinking into all the fine lines. I don't normally look my age, but with the powdery consistency, making my skin look dry and lifeless, and the lines suddenly a big deal, I reluctantly accepted that it was ageing on my skin. I'm older now and never going back there. Good luck to you if it works for you, but I'm now back to BB, CC and concealer in tubes, with B&B when I'm in a mad rush or can't risk carrying anything liquid.

Lovely as Laura is, and much as I enjoy seeing her on my screen, I wouldn't dream of buying her presents. I don't know her or her jewellery preferences or sizes. Some like snug jewellery, and some hate it - personally a too-tight bracelet and especially a too-tight necklace would be straight in the regifting pile...

I think it was you who told me I was probably over-applying the LG foundation and I think you were right as it's definitely better when you dust it on lightly. Trouble is, I don't get the coverage I need then. Anyway, as mentioned, my powder days are behind me now.

Don't thi k I will be sleeping much tonight. There will be loads of pins stuck in my wax effigy considering all the vitriol posted about me on FB.

Ah, Jerome Alexander. That's the make I've been trying to remember, I think. I had a set of compacts by the brand (if I'm right) about 10 years ago - eyeshadows, blusher, bronzer. Would it have been from Ideal World and does the brand no longer exist?

I think you can still buy it but not as readily available as when Ideal World sold it. I'm gutted they stopped selling it, it was brilliant and it was used on the X Factor judges/contestants too, oh well (sigh) Mineral Magic it is. :mysmilie_17:

There is a Jerome Alexander Magic Minerals foundation at Argos for £8.99, 237/5757. One shade only. I got this once but it was just a bit too pale for me so sadly it didn't become my LG alternative. I tried it after reading about it on here.

There is a Jerome Alexander Magic Minerals foundation at Argos for £8.99, 237/5757. One shade only. I got this once but it was just a bit too pale for me so sadly it didn't become my LG alternative. I tried it after reading about it on here.

Thanks Mazza, I'm going to get a few tomorrow :mysmilie_3:

Ideal World when they sold it, was in a home and away set in gold tone casing and had three colours, light, medium and dark. The original is nearer to the light colour, so it's perfect for me.

Whitesnake, these sad sycophants living in their fantasy world where Laura is their best friend and they know she really really really loves them too. This present, of course, will guarantee each and every one of them will get an invite to the special birthday from Laura(NOT)! Do not deserve a second thought from you.

By the way for those from the group reading this. Your money would have meant more to Laura if you donated it to a favourite charity she supports. She would not doubt think more of you all. In the words of Shania, "That don't impress me much!" Laura wears diamonds and Tiffany so trying soooooooooo hard to impress her with this overpriced present trying to let her know how much you love her will not get you brownie points.

Happy Birthday Graham for Monday. The gold is in the post. :mysmilie_846::mysmilie_846:

Whitesnake, these sad sycophants living in their fantasy world where Laura is their best friend and they know she really really really loves them too. This present, of course, will guarantee each and every one of them will get an invite to the special birthday from Laura(NOT)! Do not deserve a second thought from you.

By the way for those from the group reading this. Your money would have meant more to Laura if you donated it to a favourite charity she supports. She would not doubt think more of you all. In the words of Shania, "That don't impress me much!" Laura wears diamonds and Tiffany so trying soooooooooo hard to impress her with this overpriced present trying to let her know how much you love her will not get you brownie points.

Happy Birthday Graham for Monday. The gold is in the post. :mysmilie_846::mysmilie_846:

Excellently put Donna. :mysmilie_3:

Don't thi k I will be sleeping much tonight. There will be loads of pins stuck in my wax effigy considering all the vitriol posted about me on FB.

I'm on that group too, read all the comments yesterday and it's just tooooooo funny!!! The outrage is hilarious! They are all bursting with indignation, it's beyond amusing to see! Sadly they've turned off the comments now, or I might have got a mention too! 😂😂😂

I'm on that group too, read all the comments yesterday and it's just tooooooo funny!!! The outrage is hilarious! They are all bursting with indignation, it's beyond amusing to see! Sadly they've turned off the comments now, or I might have got a mention too! ������

Oh dear, the truth, so they say, does indeed hurt :mysmilie_17:

Should see my email inbox :) I'm confused her birthday is 21st April so either they are planning ahead or have got the wrong date, what do you give the lady who has a net worth of over 4 Million Dollars!

BTW I am 56 on Monday and a Gold Bullion Bar would do nicely thank you :)

Happy Birhday! You are 15 years & 1 week younger than me, enjoy everything & make the most of everything & we live in a great part of the UK!

If I were Liz Earle I would be hurt and upset. She was on QVC for years chatted with customers for far longer than Laura and Facebook groups. Yet not one word about an expensive gift from her fans at any point over the years. Or even a cheap one.:mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back