Calico Fudge TSV 28/08/2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I didn't see the presentations on Friday but I did order this TSV and it says "In Process". Did they say on air when to expect it? I know it comes direct from Calico (in Cambridge) and usually takes at least a week but I just wondered what they said this time, if anything.

When I ordered mine it said it was on advanced orders, to be delivered later on in September, can't remember the exact date.

When I ordered mine it said it was on advanced orders, to be delivered later on in September, can't remember the exact date.

Thanks, Jackanory. I'm not in a great hurry as I do have quite a bit from previous orders, just curious. I expect it will be here next week.

I don't know Weathergirl, but I do know it definitely wasn't my usual delivery driver, because it was delivered to a house on the next street and thankfully the person brought it round to me, it wasn't even delivered to one of my immediate neighbours, and apparently it was delivered to the other house because nobody was in my house, when actually my oldest son was in all day until 5 pm at which point me and my youngest son got home.

Was it from interlink express? I had a card through the door today.

I missed a delivery today too, Weathergirl. It was from DPD, who delivered my Calico before. Interlink and DPD are (part of) the same company.

Well I have had three attempts now at making the fudge. I am using less than the specified amount of water, which does indeed make a firmer fudge. However, I am using precisely 30g of butter, as measured out on my electric scales, and each time the fudge has a film of melted butter around the edges, so I have used kitchen towel to mop this up. I am wondering actually next time whether to try making the fudge in a pan, rather than microwaving it, to see how it works.

Well I have had three attempts now at making the fudge. I am using less than the specified amount of water, which does indeed make a firmer fudge. However, I am using precisely 30g of butter, as measured out on my electric scales, and each time the fudge has a film of melted butter around the edges, so I have used kitchen towel to mop this up. I am wondering actually next time whether to try making the fudge in a pan, rather than microwaving it, to see how it works.

Sorry to hear this, Jackanory. All fudge should be a joy to make and eat! I am pleased using a touch less water has helped with the firmness, as it did for me, but am at a loss as to what to suggest regarding the oily film. I find some of the flavours of mix seem to leave the paper greasier than others but I've never found it stays there as you describe. Why don't you try contacting them? Actually, last year, there was a thread on here about Calico's despatches and someone from the company replied. See here:

http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/foru...alico-Cottage-Fudge-delivery&highlight=calico

His user name was nigel_calico. You could try sending him a PM? He's not an prolific contributor (2 posts!) but is still apparently an active member so he should get your PM.

I've just found my hoard of the fudge mix, loads of it. It has gone semi-hard in the packets. When I get time, I will try blitzing it back to a powder in my ninja, then try making it.

I've just found my hoard of the fudge mix, loads of it. It has gone semi-hard in the packets. When I get time, I will try blitzing it back to a powder in my ninja, then try making it.

Yay! Please report back when you've blitzed it and made it... and a taste test! :mysmilie_5:

Latest posts

Back