Calico Fudge TSV 28/08/2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

But to be fair, for the best part of £25 I could buy plenty of Cornish fudge from St. Ives and have it mailed to me!

3.2 kilos of fudge for £25 seems pretty good value to me.

If Calico did a kit of just licorice fudge, I would be in real trouble - it's my favourite flavour.

I've bought Sainsbury's basic butter for about £1 and it did 8 packets of fudge, so not much of an added expense.

And if you happen to shop in Tesco or Asda you can get butter for 88p, so even if you spent £1 on the butter it is miniscule cost per packet of fudge!

Mine is so old I can't remember the recipe, I thought each packet used a whole pack of butter.

I haven't found mine yet, but I did buy some butter for when I do, as I normally use spread.

Mine is so old I can't remember the recipe, I thought each packet used a whole pack of butter.

I haven't found mine yet, but I did buy some butter for when I do, as I normally use spread.

Hope you find them soon or your butter will be out of date.

I've had a few CC fudge sets over the last couple of years and thought they were ok, and my 10 year old daughter daughter loves making it for presents, but I do always find some of the flavours won't set properly for me, they're always a but squishy, Ive tried redoing it and adjustimg the amojnt of water / butter etc but its always the same. Chocolates the worst offender as i recall.
ooh actually, i think I've some sets left over from the last lot i bought, that's an idea for a school holiday activity one day....!

I can't eat fudge it would taste like a cube of sugar to me,i definitely do not have a sweet tooth even chocolate has to have a very high content of cocoa for me to eat it.

You little rebel, you!

I always think it's odd when recipes, eg my favourite Nigella brownie recipe, tell you to use unsalted butter and then you add half a teaspoon of salt with the flour.

Don't they tell you to do that so you can control the amount of salt you're using? Seems barmy to me. I use salted butter in everything. Unsalted tastes like candle wax.

I buy fudge (or used to! I'm banned from eating it now) from a shop called Bonbon in Brixham. Once in a while I'd have a craving and I'd have to buy it online. Rachel stocks just about every flavour you can think of. My favourites are (WERE) Turkish Delight fudge, coated with milk chocolate. I also love chocolate covered coconut ice - not fudge but she does other sweeties. I threatened to go in and buy a slice of every fudge they stocked but she told me she would have to throw me out if I did that as it would take her so long to cut everything. I wish I'd not started thinking about this. It's going to make for a miserable afternoon!

Don't they tell you to do that so you can control the amount of salt you're using? Seems barmy to me. I use salted butter in everything. Unsalted tastes like candle wax.

You could be right - I didn't think of that, for some reason!

Calico Cottage 10 Piece Make Your Own Fudge Selection
Item Number: 804183
QVC Price £23.00
Todays Special Value Price £18.96
P&P £4.95

"This item is available through Advanced Order. It will be shipped the week commencing 11/09/2015"

This mouth-watering Calico Cottage collection contains everything you need to be your very own confectioner, including 10 different flavours of make-your-own fudge, from classic Chocolate and indulgent Red Velvet, to brand new flavours of Rum Raisin and Strawberries & Cream. Fun, quick and easy to make, you can enjoy rustling up sweet and delicious homemade treats to impress your family and friends with whenever the moment takes you.

A delicious gift idea - the perfect present for a loved one with a sweet tooth, this tempting collection is ideal for those who love to cook but find themselves strapped for time, or for the person who simply has everything.

Make in a flash - Calico Cottage fudge is a piece of cake to whip up at home - you can use the hob or microwave, and the mixture sets in just a few hours. It also comes with all the equipment you need, including trays, a spoon and paper liners.

Get creative - experiment with different toppings such as chocolate, nuts and fruit on your creations (the Chocolate fudge sprinkled with fresh, juicy strawberries is a must), or layer or ripple different flavours of fudge together for a taste sensation.

Dry ingredients have a minimum shelf life of six months
Prepared fudge can be frozen

Contains:

1 x NEW Rum Raisin fudge mix (400g)
1 x NEW Strawberry fudge mix (400g)
1 x Sticky Toffee Pudding fudge mix (400g)
1 x Red Velvet fudge mix (400g)
1 x Chocolate fudge mix (400g)
1 x Orange Chocolate fudge mix (400g)
2 x Vanilla fudge mix (400g)
2 x Caramel fudge mix (400g)
3 x trays
10 x paper liners
1 x spoon
1 x instruction booklet

Ingredients (for allergens please see ingredients in bold:
Caramel fudge mix:
Sugar, vegetable oils, (palm, palm kernel) glucose syrup, skimmed milk powder, cream (milk) powder. May contain soya lecithin

Chocolate Microwave fudge mix:
Sugar, vegetable oil (palm, palm kernel), chocolate 5% ((min cocoa solids 51%), cocoa mass, sugar, cocoa butter, fat-reduced cocoa powder, emulsifier: soya lecithin), glucose syrup, fat reduced cocoa powder (contains cocoa butter: 10% minimum), milk powder, cream (milk) powder.

Chocolate Orange fudge mix:
Sugar, vegetable oil (palm, palm kernel), cocoa mass 5% (100% cocoa solids), glucose syrup, fat reduced cocoa powder (contains cocoa butter 10% minimum), skimmed milk powder, cream (milk) powder. natural flavouring. May contain soya lecithin

Red Velvet fudge mix:
Sugar, vegetable oil (palm and palm kernel), glucose syrup, fat reduced cocoa powder (contains cocoa butter 10% minimum), skimmed milk powder, cream (milk) powder, natural colouring carmine e120. May contain soya lecithin

Sticky Toffee Pudding fudge mix:
Sugar, dates (dates 97%, rice flour), devon style toffee (sugar, glucose syrup, non-hydrogenated vegetable fat (shea kernel, palm oil, emulsifier; sunflower lecithin (e322), non-hydrogenated vegetable fat (palm), water, unsalted butter (milk), salt, emulsifier: soya lecithin (e322), natural colouring, raising agent: bicarbonate of soda (e500ii)), vegetable oil (palm, palm kernel), glucose syrup, skimmed milk powder, cream (milk) powder

Vanilla fudge mix:
Sugar, vegetable oils (palm, palm kernel), glucose syrup, skimmed milk powder, cream (milk) powder, flavouring. May contain soya lecithin

Strawberry fudge mix:
Sugar, vegetable oils (palm, palm kernel), glucose syrup, skimmed milk powder, cream (milk) powder, flavouring, beetroot red colouring e162. May contain soya lecithin

Rum Raisin fudge mix:
Sugar, raisins 12% (raisins, vegetable oil (cottonseed oil)), vegetable oils (palm, palm kernel), glucose syrup, skimmed milk powder, cream (milk) powder, flavouring. May contain soya lecithin

Behind the brand
An established confectionary manufacturer since 1957, Calico Cottage’s novel and ever-increasing list of innovative fudge flavours can be found in amusement parks, tourist gift shops and department stores across the UK and USA.

Direct despatch: Please allow 10 - 14 working days for delivery

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.804183

They usually warn that delivery of these fudge sets is direct from the CC UK factory/warehouse, as I remember, but I've not seen it called Advanced Order as such before. Have they ever had a TSV that's Advanced Order from the outset? Or do you think that will disappear from the description on Friday?

I've got all except 3 of these (Rum & Raisin, Red Velvet, Strawberry) and I'm only interested in one of them (Strawberry). I'm not going to buy this set. I'll hope there are other good deals closer to year end.

They usually warn that delivery of these fudge sets is direct from the CC UK factory/warehouse, as I remember, but I've not seen it called Advanced Order as such before. Have they ever had a TSV that's Advanced Order from the outset? Or do you think that will disappear from the description on Friday?

yes they have had tsvs on advanced orders from the outset

I've got all except 3 of these (Rum & Raisin, Red Velvet, Strawberry) and I'm only interested in one of them (Strawberry). I'm not going to buy this set. I'll hope there are other good deals closer to year end.

as far as i know this is the only TSV this year they might do a similar pack but not quite to this variety or size for this price

Latest posts

Back