Can we give everyone a break?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes the best friend that's mentioned every time she's on air I've already complained about it.

Good for you :) I cant belive they have been able to get away with this , and on Q fb posts are being deleted in favour of Flint, Shame on Qvc!!!

There always will be types who hanker after a sugar-coated view of the world. They are quite likely to watch QVC because it is light and fluffy. Nothing wrong with that. I watch for the same reasons at times, but it's fun to take a more cynical look at things - notably actions and motivations of presenters, guests and so on. Of course some people will not like certain things being called into question. They have the right to express their disapproval just like they can listen to Pam Ayres on the radio.

Don't you find?
Goody two shoes type people always rear their heads at this time of year.
Fact of life, people bitch and take the p#ss out of others.
As long as it remains harmless, why not?
Can we give everyone a break, boo hoo, absolutely not .....

Last edited:
I understand the views of the original poster. Perhaps when we watch the shows we are really interested in we should let the presenter fade into the background. There are some presenters who get on my nerves and I've said so, but they are just doing their job in trying to get you to buy whatever. When I see stuff on TV, or hear some bad news about a friend, it puts it all into perspective. Sometimes the vitriol and vicious comments do not make nice reading, yes I know I don't have to read it, but it's human nature to do so.

Oh if only we could let the presenters fade into the background! Some of them are absolutely determined that we must hear them at full blast and shout over the demonstrator so you have as about much chance as a snowball in hell of ignoring them.

Which is one reason why they're fair game - at any time of year. Yes, we all have other problems that put comments in this forum into perspective, but the comments in this forum on the other hand, help some of us put our own problems into perspective. Let's not have too much of the holier than thou here and please don't anyone preach at us by trying to make us all nicey-nicey all the time. Nobody is like that and that smacks of censorship, of which as we've said before, the moderators are more than capable of handling. Please do try to live with it.

I had decided not to further add to this thread. But I do feel I need to 'stick up for myself' at this point. I am not an idiot. I do not expect the world to be perfect and sweetness and light. And I am most certainly not holier than thou or a goody-two-shoes or someone who wants to think things are sugar-coated. I don't actually care one way or another for Pam Ayres (not quite sure what that had to do with thing! :) ) I most certainly do not 'preach' to anyone. I am realistic, and experienced, enough to know that life isn't like that. And I fully support free speech and would caution against censorship.
But I make no apologies for wishing it were more so, or for trying to be a nice person and adopting a positive slant on life. I'd ask what is so awful about being nice, but it will only open the flood gates further. Anyway, those more cynical than me have succeeded. I now wish I had never spoken/written on the subject. In future I shall keep to factual posts and won't bother to voice an actual opinion.

I had decided not to further add to this thread. But I do feel I need to 'stick up for myself' at this point. I am not an idiot. I do not expect the world to be perfect and sweetness and light. And I am most certainly not holier than thou or a goody-two-shoes or someone who wants to think things are sugar-coated. I don't actually care one way or another for Pam Ayres (not quite sure what that had to do with thing! :) ) I most certainly do not 'preach' to anyone. I am realistic, and experienced, enough to know that life isn't like that. And I fully support free speech and would caution against censorship.
But I make no apologies for wishing it were more so, or for trying to be a nice person and adopting a positive slant on life. I'd ask what is so awful about being nice, but it will only open the flood gates further. Anyway, those more cynical than me have succeeded. I now wish I had never spoken/written on the subject. In future I shall keep to factual posts and won't bother to voice an actual opinion.

Nicky, there is nothing wrong with being nice. I think you should carry on posting exactly what you want even if the majority of people who have posted on this thread don't agree with you, it doesn't mean you aren't entitled to have your say.

Don't be too despondent Nicky-j, I do know how you feel. I have a hunch that there are a lot more people here who feel as you do but don't post cos they simply can't be bothered with the ensuing debate if they disagree with posts that they feel are over critical of presenters. I would put myself in that category, (although I also agree with some of the criticisms sometimes!). I absolutely agree that everyone has the right to express their opinions good or bad, I just feel that sometimes the balance get a bit one sided so maybe those of us that actually like QVC and the presenters need to say so a bit more often!

Don't be too despondent Nicky-j, I do know how you feel. I have a hunch that there are a lot more people here who feel as you do but don't post cos they simply can't be bothered with the ensuing debate if they disagree with posts that they feel are over critical of presenters. I would put myself in that category, (although I also agree with some of the criticisms sometimes!). I absolutely agree that everyone has the right to express their opinions good or bad, I just feel that sometimes the balance get a bit one sided so maybe those of us that actually like QVC and the presenters need to say so a bit more often!

And me Honeybunny. My post above was written with that in mind. I really don't mind people speaking their mind, but I often can't be bothered to get involved on the thread. Instead I post on threads that interest me, and I take the opportunity to praise where I feel praise is due, but I have been known to comment about what presenters are wearing. The last one I think was when Kathy Taylor wore hob-nail boots and a dress of some kind. However I like Kathy Taylor as a presenter :)

I agree with the OP... When you have been diagnosed with a terminal illness all this **** is so trivial and unnecessary be nice people

It's all about freedom of speech. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and it's only when it gets extreme that the moderators (let's not forget it's their job, after all) step in and delete posts or parts of posts. Everyone here should be able to freely express what they feel, good or bad. It's not an argument about whether you like QVC or not, it's different opinions being expressed at whatever time of year because Christmas doesn't have the same meaning for many people. You may disagree with what I say, I may disagree with what you say, but you can see what happens in this thread - some people take differences personally and some will become over-protective about "their" QVC or dislike reading posts with personal comments about presenters that are paid (with my money) to appear in public. Some things I like about QVC, many I don't, and I suspect it's the same for all of us. But we should all be able to say whatever it is and not be told to either be nice or not to be nice whatever the time or year.

Last edited:
I can appreciate the reaction to protect freedom of speech but defending the right to be mean to people is a curious phenomenon. I'll happily give QVC the company both barrels when it comes to criticism but I hope I exercise a level of self-editing when commenting on presenters.

Stay as sweet as you are Nicky-J, there's no shame in trying to inspire people to speak kindly of others.

I think the answer is ...for those who love it ...Chocolate! .....I don't want to judge anybody on here ...I really enjoy it ...the written word can be taken out of context etc and let's face it life is too too short for us all to get wound up ....sending cyber hugs and cyber chocolate to you all and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year ....and thinking of all,our absent friends and family ....xx:mysmilie_5::wave::up::mysmilie_3:

Latest posts

Back