Cash your gold QVC style

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

silversequin

Registered Shopper
Just been on their webstite and they have a new "service" where you can cash in your old gold jewellery, shame they are not doing a "cash your dimoneek" :giggle:

There is a link to the gold redemption website which has nothing to do with qvc. Looks like qvc have been taking advertising from a company hoping to profit from their reputation for reliability. Proceed with caution.

Quite agree, I wouldn't think they are anything to do with QVC just a money maker for them.I am afraid I wouldn't trust any of these companies that you have to post gold to.

Whenever I have cashed my gold I go to a jeweller, it gets weighed and they give you the cash. Wouldn't trust one of these postal services.

Brilliant idea cash your old diamoneeeeeeeeeek!

Whenever I have cashed my gold I go to a jeweller, it gets weighed and they give you the cash. Wouldn't trust one of these postal services.

Brilliant idea cash your old diamoneeeeeeeeeek!

been thinking of sorting my old gold out - what do you do fredab..just chuck the lot in a bag and they have a look thru or something and offer you a "fair":bandit: price? I think I'd probably make more from trading in all my dimoneeeeeek mind you..!

I have done it a couple of times I take it to a small jewellery independent jewellery shops. I went a couple of years ago to one in The Lanes in Brighton A lot of it was from QVC and had gemstones in and he gave me £200. I took some more to Hatton Garden after another clear out and he weighed it. One piece was 18 carat and he weighed that separately and got another £200 for the lot. SOunds like i have loads of jewellery! but this was stuff that I had accumulated over years. a couple of the rings were gold eeek and the jeweller was just about to look at the stones and I said not to bother as they weren't real!!

Can you imagine how this could be fair game for the postal workers who are dodgy? And before I get slated for this, I know that the majority of postal workers are VERY, VERY honest. But, after seeing the recent documentary about Royal Mail sorting depots empoying temps....well, it was an eye opener. They know what's in the package....GOLD!! I've even had money taken out of greeting cards, so if they know it's gold that's in the package it's more than likely never going to get to it's destination.

Can you imagine how this could be fair game for the postal workers who are dodgy? And before I get slated for this, I know that the majority of postal workers are VERY, VERY honest. But, after seeing the recent documentary about Royal Mail sorting depots empoying temps....well, it was an eye opener. They know what's in the package....GOLD!! I've even had money taken out of greeting cards, so if they know it's gold that's in the package it's more than likely never going to get to it's destination.

we said from the first time of seeing one of those ads on the telly that it was the last thing we'd do, send gold in one of their envelopes..asking for trouble imo - these days no, you daren't even send a tenner in a birthday card. Going back 30 years to when my daughter was a baby, I left a tube of Dentinox at my mum's and she returned it thru the mail, being as we lived a way away - the envelope had a tiny slit in the side at the bottom and the Dentinox was gone - hope whoever got it enjoyed it! Perhaps thought it was a roll of fivers!:giggle:

QVC refer to this company as a 'partner', but it is initially rather misleading in that it gives the impression that one is sending their gold to QVC to purchase. I wouldn't touch any of these postal gold services. If you want to offload your old gold, take it to a jewellers or auction house to be valued and then, if the price is right, sold.
Always remember that no company buys old and broken gold to lose money; they will never give you it's scrap value as, if it is not wearable, they will only scrap it.

I got some junk mail from Pricedrop last week for gold wanted , included a pre paid special delivery bag so i put in a plastic toy ring and sent it back, would have cost them about £5 in postage !

Latest posts

Back