Split pays and presenters

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Deasmum

Registered Shopper
Have you noticed that Gemporia is cutting back on split pays while their presenters are cutting back on hours? Yesterday Jess Foley ended up doing 8 hours, one of which was a gold under 100, where none of the items offered split pay. The lack of split pays smells of desperation to get as much cash as quickly as possible.

Have you noticed that Gemporia is cutting back on split pays while their presenters are cutting back on hours? Yesterday Jess Foley ended up doing 8 hours, one of which was a gold under 100, where none of the items offered split pay. The lack of split pays smells of desperation to get as much cash as quickly as possible.

Yeah, plus the 5 way split pay has disappeared completely.

The presenters haven't cut down though - they're just short because of illness, holiday and other circumstances (Hattie mentioned she'd been off due to what sounds like a death / serious illness in the family).

Jess Foley covers for everyone. I think she'd move in to live there if she could. Absolutely

Yeah, plus the 5 way split pay has disappeared completely.

The presenters haven't cut down though - they're just short because of illness, holiday and other circumstances (Hattie mentioned she'd been off due to what sounds like a death / serious illness in the family).

Jess Foley covers for everyone. I think she'd move in to live there if she could. Absolutely
They have cut down, Ellis doesn't do a Friday anymore and Kate doesn't do a Monday during term time.

They shouldn't have got rid of so many presenters earlier this year then they would have more cover and people wouldn't have to do doubles.

They have cut down, Ellis doesn't do a Friday anymore and Kate doesn't do a Monday during term time.

They shouldn't have got rid of so many presenters earlier this year then they would have more cover and people wouldn't have to do doubles.
I agree. It was an unwise decision. I am curious to see what they will do this week, since Lindsey is still off and, if I am not mistaken, she would be working the longer week this week. Particularly on days where other presenters are off for one reason or another they will struggle I think

I agree. It was an unwise decision. I am curious to see what they will do this week, since Lindsey is still off and, if I am not mistaken, she would be working the longer week this week. Particularly on days where other presenters are off for one reason or another they will struggle I think
Next week should be quite an easy week for them as long as Hattie is back. It’s not term time so Kate may well be on tomorrow and Lindsey is only due on air Wednesday and Thursday. It’s also Jim’s shorter week so he could well cover a show or two and Zena is back for HM and JM so Rosie is probably more available for shows on Gemporia.

I didn't realise Ellis had stopped doing Fridays. Not a bad thing really because she's rapidly gone from being one of their better presenters to one of their most annoying.

Kate came back on reduced hours straight from maternity leave though - hence why there are three presenters in that time slot - Kate, Lynn and Rachel Hatton. Rachel Hatton is on maternity leave, and Lynn seems to have more days off than she has in these days because I think she's more interested in her 'crystal healing' nonsense that she does as a side business. If anything, Kate has increased her hours recently to cover for Rachel and Lynn.

And people say that Rosie's one of the "better" presenters 🙄
The bar is quite low at the moment to be fair. I suspect the cleaner would be better than some of the current presenters.

It would be interesting to see if Jess Foley and Lyndsey Carr would get another job as 'professional' TV presenters if Gemporia closed down. I suspect not. They're both so out of their depth.

Hattie would be fine though - she could get a job as a town crier. In fact, she could become the first ever 'regional crier'. Just plonk her in Birmingham city centre, and they'll hear her as far afield as Wolverhampton and Walsall.

I didn't realise Ellis had stopped doing Fridays. Not a bad thing really because she's rapidly gone from being one of their better presenters to one of their most annoying.

Kate came back on reduced hours straight from maternity leave though - hence why there are three presenters in that time slot - Kate, Lynn and Rachel Hatton. Rachel Hatton is on maternity leave, and Lynn seems to have more days off than she has in these days because I think she's more interested in her 'crystal healing' nonsense that she does as a side business. If anything, Kate has increased her hours recently to cover for Rachel and Lynn.
I dont think that is the case.

I agree Lynn never seems to do the full 7 day fortnight they are meant to do.

I dont think that is the case.

I agree Lynn never seems to do the full 7 day fortnight they are meant to do.
I've always had the impression that Lynn and Angeline do only the slots they want. Even years ago (pre the Jadefright bombardment, so that will tell you how long ago I'm talking) I can't remember seeing Ange. doing an evening slot or an early morning one, come to that. Very different to Scott Worsfold, who used to be on at varying times of day (and was interesting, knowledgeable, a laugh to watch and didn't keep telling you to buy ten of everything....)

Latest posts

Back