Casual & Co TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

SydneyRose

Registered Shopper
Hi All

Anyone any ideas what the Casual & Co TSV might be, Hoping for some nice cotton shirts for the summer.:clapping:

It's a two dress set - one plain and one print - under £25.00. Catherine's wearing it now in navy. Don't know if there's any other colour choices.

I thought CH looked very nice in hers

I'm just watching the repeat and I agree, she very rarely wears darker colours but this suits her. From her comments she is very conscious about putting on weight but I think she looks fine - I don't like the scawny look.

Don't know what I think about the dress. It looks good on the "plus size" model.

Genevieve gives us quite a lot of info about the "construction" of the garments e.g. the front and back darts and how they give the dress more shape, how the tiers of a skirt balance - Glen C would never give us such useful info. She would make a good presenter for a lot of the "fashion" shows.

JR presents fashion well. She's always telling us how she used to make her own clothes, but this does come in useful when she describes the cut and style.

Sorry this is a bit dis-jointed, just some random thoughts !

Linda

Did anyone hear Catherine and Genevieve have a fit of the giggles, I guess they were laughing at what they were passing off as fashion, I might be on my own here but I have never been tempted by Casual & Co , for some reason it appears shapeless and frumpy to me.

Hope I don't regret this, just ordered 2 sets - the Black/Coral and Aqua/Lavender. They just seemed to sort out this summer's day wear. I liked the colours but don't know what to expect in terms of quality. Anyone else gone for this TSV?

I'm considering this too. I've never bought C&C, but the red dress reminds me of a lovely dress I had years ago. However, I wonder about the quality, and the sizing.

Does C&C always come up very big? I don't want to be swamped. I was going for the medium, but perhaps the small might be better. Or will I need to go on Diet Chef to fit a small :)

I have one or two Casual and Co bits - really only shirts. I got a really lovely check shirt from clearance for £10, compared to some of the stuff from the range it's beautiful quality. But the sizes do come up big, the XS sometimes swamped me - I dropped lucky with this particular shirt as it was a perfect fit.

I was looking at the double pack of cotton crepe shirts they had last night on easy pay and was tempted. I don't like to leave my arms uncovered in summer as they are so thin and bony now, so these would be good as a 'cover all evils' garment...

The dresses could be useful for holidays and stuff and Catheirne looked really nice (as opposed to how she looked last week in those dreadful zipped leggings from the Kim Parrish range) but what worries me about wrinkle cotton is the fact that when you have been sat down for a while, the heat of your bottom flattens out the wrinkles so that you have an "ironed" area when you stand up. Not a nice look.

Well!

I'm not a great fashion buyer from QVC mainly because I'm only 5' tall but this time I'm hoping the length will be fine for me. The dresses look quite short on the models so they should be more calf length on me which is what I'm after. 2nd point: I bet they're light, in case I have to return them! I don't look good in pastels but navy suits me as a dark colour for summer but is hard to find in the shops. Anything too nautical and I feel like Donald Duck!

I like dresses...nice no-brainers in the morning as there's no need to find matching bits and pieces.

I'll report back when they arrive!

Jude

I find the sizing can be a bit hit and miss. I have two jackets the same style just different colours and one is more snug than the other. They are summer weight jackets but the quality is good.

I've gone for the red and navy combo. I have bought from Casual & Co before because I like their lightweight summer shirts/tunics over jeans/ linen trousers etc. I am quite curvy - ie my waist is a size and a half smaller than my bust or hips! So often have to have an element of elastic in waitbands or they gape - a problem I have had since puberty hit! I have had to watch sizing on some of the tops because of this - they seem to be built for athletic rather than curvy proportions. I just looked at the measurements they gave out (and those online) and worked out my size from there. Only trying it on will really show whether the fit is right, but the belt means it might be a bit adjustable.

Casual & Co is one of the few fashion ranges on QVC where I sometimes see something I like. I also like quite a lot of Centigrade's coats & jackets. I quite like the TSV dresses but can't decide if they would actually look a bit 'aggy', particularly if you are quite small.

Can't imagine I'd EVER wear anything by Kim & Co or Michelle Hope!

I like the patterned dresses in the black and red have seen the previous plain coloured dresses, and wasn't impressed didn't find the fabric had much substance at all.
I do prefer a slighly less flared longer length like with the Ronni Nicole / Tiana B maxi's.
Something I always have a look out for with sleeveless is the cut around the under arm hate a low scoop showing all the sides of the bra.

:flower:

I'm a curvy 14-16 and even tho they state the bust measurement on the medium as 37" this is the size I've gone for. If I've ever ordered anything in a size large it's been hooooge on me, as though having a few extra pounds weight makes you taller, your arms longer and your boobs round your knees!

Jude xx

Hideous, shapeless sacks imo. No wonder they're selling them so cheaply. I've rarely seen such awful dresses. That tiered look at the bottom is yeuchh! I was hoping for a nice summer dress from the tsv, (a shift dress maybe) but I won't be parting with any hard-earned for this.

Latest posts

Back