Catherine H & her 'Welshness'

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

For goodness SAKE. What is so special about "Welsh gold?" Has it been imbued with some magical properties, or is it just the same as gold from any other part of the world - because is is the metallic element: "Au?"

What's special about it is that it is the unique selling point for the brand, surely? Other than that, as an element it's only going to be identical to gold from other sources if none of the contaminating elements are present.

The fact that there is a Royal connection with wedding rings have been made of welsh gold since 1923. 2011 article about this from the beeb.

All this rare Welsh gold farce needs to stop. The mine is closed, the jewellery is predominantly silver, the diamonds are small. As far as I'm concerned they've had their day, overpriced silver that is lightweight, well, the cash cow has stopped mooing.

I understood from what I've read on here and on the internet that it's just a speck somewhere in the yellow gold. How do you define a "speck" or, as they say, 'a touch of Welsh gold'? It's like a recipe that says "put in a smattering of.....(whatever)". I read (and this could be wrong) that the nugget of gold, part of which has been used in the past for royal wedding rings, is a separate nugget that was presented to the royals and that will be used until it runs out..so presumably the jewellery they sell to the peasants contains a 'smidgen' of whatever is/was left in the mine after the royal nugget was dug out. It seems to be the Tanzanite thingy all over again, where people are told that it's running out, when in reality that could be rather an exaggeration.

The Royal family have their own lump which is used for their wedding rings. And a microbe speck will be used in all the other jewellery they sell.

I have often wonder why no Scottish gold in royal wedding rings, well Victoria and Albert loved Scotland. Scotland like Wales did have small gold mines.

Wait for it...QVC will be offering rose gold items with a micron of Cornish copper in it! Or how about "Demelza" Rusty Tin joolry from ancient Cornish Mines; for those who like to mix their white metals with a smattering of...er...well...rust? :taphead:

But WAIT! :wait:...Capture a link with the romance of the Brontës and the glory of British Industry of Yore with our "Community in Crisis" range of steel "pieces" from defunct Sheffield mills featuring a rub-over set fragment of rare 1980s Yorkshire coal..a romantic black stone closely related to real diamonds! :devil:

It'd be like Dave's Northern Powerhouse actually happened! :phone: Jump to the phones! :mysmilie_17:

Well obviously many Welsh people disagree with the description of this stuff. My DIL is Welsh and I once offered to buy her a piece of Clogau for a big birthday and she was horrified. She called it nothing but a con and no more Welsh than anything else which hails from China.
She has a few pieces of real Welsh gold jewellery, including her wedding ring which was bought secondhand from a pawnbrokers because true Welsh gold jewellery is now scarcer than Welsh hens teeth. She has a wedding ring, a chain, a signet ring and a stickpin brooch, all of which are 100% welsh gold and over 100 years old.

For Clougu she would need to be totally in love with China, that is where its made now, with a microbe size speck of Welsh gold added.

The Welsh one is not the father of her now grown up children. From her waffle she was with him only a few years at most, and he was within the last few years. There was an engagement ring if I remember at one point? He no doubt ran for the hills or valleys after her constant warnings of going on the Welsh high street and all its dangers.
The new hairstyle for some reason reminded me of the 70s, sort of sleek mullet thing. Actually brought my childhood back with the dark hair less good looking for from Charlie's Angels. There was Farrah, Jacklyn and the dark haired other one(CHuntley's hair is the last one)..

Catherine sweetie, unless you where born there or have family going back born there, mum,dad or grandparents. You are and never will be Welsh just a wanna be.

Kate?!! I don't like her hair, she looks like Ariel from the Little Mermaid!

Nowt wrong wi a ginger mullet...

Business in the front...Party in the back! :emo:

Cath...if you fancy the look for your next failed relationship there's a ginger mullet out there for you! :mysmilie_17:

apologies to anyone offended by this....to redress the balance.

Attachments

• ginger-sock-man.jpg
    ginger-sock-man.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 143
  • ginger mullet.jpg
    ginger mullet.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 148
  • gingermullet.jpg
    gingermullet.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 163
Where on Earth did you find those photos?! Mind bleach please.

Now I've said that, I hope they're not selfies ;)

There was Farrah, Jacklyn and the dark haired other one(CHuntley's hair is the last one)..

Sabrina played by Kate Jackson - as she wasn't a looker like Farrah and Jaclyn, she was "the clever one". 1970s TV couldn't handle a clever pretty woman!

Dear lord, just catching her on the Orla Kiely show and I don't think I have ever seen her so bad.

That false laugh at the end of every sentence, Welsh , not knowing the products, the me me me, she is beyond awful.

Dear lord, just catching her on the Orla Kiely show and I don't think I have ever seen her so bad.

That false laugh at the end of every sentence, Welsh , not knowing the products, the me me me, she is beyond awful.

Just had a look, yes you're right, just shows you how out of practice they are presenting on their own, which is ironic really considering that's what their chosen profession involves. The false laugh is "oh I'm making mistakes, this is so hard to do!" but hey whadyaknow, she's doing it..........queue compliments, lots and lots of compliments.

Just had a look, yes you're right, just shows you how out of practice they are presenting on their own, which is ironic really considering that's what their chosen profession involves. The false laugh is "oh I'm making mistakes, this is so hard to do!" but hey whadyaknow, she's doing it..........queue compliments, lots and lots of compliments.

TBH she seems to have as sycophantic following as DBF judging by the twatting each and every time she does the 'ittle silly me routine.

TBH she seems to have as sycophantic following as DBF judging by the twatting each and every time she does the 'ittle silly me routine.

One she read out asked has she been drinking? But no apparently it's lack of sleep that turns you into an unprepared, unprofessional, gibbering wreck........who knew.

Latest posts

Back