Centigrade TSV 3.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 131
  • Centigrade TSV 4.jpg
    Centigrade TSV 4.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 128
  • Centigrade TSV 5.jpg
    Centigrade TSV 5.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 135
What is the point of detachable sleeves? I’m in the market for a new padded coat but this isn’t it.
I understand Q and fashion generally have to come up with different ideas to boost sales so I expect it will sell.

I actually bought a padded coat from Dunnes* for £25 about a week ago. It is ultra light weight, even has a bag you can roll up and carry it with your own body heat helps warm it up and shower resistance. Yes, it is warm same wearing a heavy padded coat. Oh, and the best thing is the hood is not massive I can actually walk without having to pull it back, so I can see where I am going. Pet hate is hoods, which on most coats come down below my eyes when up. I feel like a mad monk.

Dunnes are an Irish chain in the Republic and up in N.I.

Designers never get hoods right. If they're fur edged and it rains, its like having a wet dog around your neck. Some are too wide so when windy you're hanging on to it, and like Donna says some cover your eyes so impossible to see. Then there are the drawstring edge ones, that when drawn tight make you look like your on an Aunt Sally stall - and then rain runs down your face in inclement weather.

As for this winter's puffa coat offerings, it's the usual sludge colours - black, wine, olive, brown, grey. and navy if your lucky. I want light colours to raise my spirits! I want yellow, lilac, pink, pale green, pale blue - and yes there is winter white in some styles. Years ago black wellies were the norm (except Hunter green), then there came an explosion of riotous colours (I own a pair of Croc bright yellow), so if Wellies can do it, why can't winter coat manufacturers.

Centigrade Padded Coat with Detachable Sleeves
Item Number: 198684
QVC Price £99.00
Todays Special Value Price £69.99
P&P £3.95

We love adaptable wardrobe staples you can wear again and again, in multiple ways, and this padded coat from Centigrade is as versatile as they come. With detachable sleeves, it can be turned into a gilet in moments, ensuring you stay comfortable in various weather conditions. A zip and press stud fastening front also means you can wear it open or closed to suit your outfit, while a hood and stand collar helps to protect you from the elements in the depths of winter. Sunny day, freezing day, rainy day, you name it - this coat will see you through it all.
*A great saving: If you were to buy this Centigrade Padded Coat from QVCUK.com after this offer ends, you’d pay £99 plus P&P. So, for our Today’s Special Value price of just £69.99 plus P&P, you’re saving £29.01.
Inspires multiple looks - a great one for taking you from autumn to winter, this multi-wear coat is a transitional wardrobe must that will inspire you to create countless outfits. On a sunny autumn day, we like the idea of wearing it sleeves off, front open, either over a blouse or jumper depending on the occasion, paired with jeans and trainers. On a cold winter's day, it's sleeves on, front zipped up, either over a chunky knit or party dress and finished off with a pair of boots.
Easy-to-wear colours - you can't go wrong with any of these sophisticated colours, with classic Black, rich Dark Brown, ever-so-cool Stone, beautiful Dark Green and chic Taupe to choose from.
Saves space and money - ever find yourself battling against bulky winter outdoor wear when you come through the door or open the wardrobe? We've all been there. The second you have more than one cover-up it's like any space you had suddenly evaporated. Being both a coat and gilet in one, this design offers a quick way to free up some space, not to mention being cost-effective too!
  • Two pockets
  • Long length
  • Relaxed fit
  • Long zip-off sleeves
  • Hood and stand collar
  • Adjustable drawstring waist
  • Main zip and press stud fastenings
  • Outer, lining and fill: 100% polyester
  • Machine washable at 30C (mild wash)
Colour options:
  • Black
  • Dark Brown
  • Stone
  • Dark Green
  • Taupe
Garment measurements:
  • Chest: XS: 102.9cm (40.5"), S: 108cm (42.5"), M: 113cm (44.5"), L: 119.4cm (47"), XL: 127cm (50"), 2XL: 137.2cm (54"), 3XL: 147.3cm (58"), 4XL: 157.5cm (62")
  • Waist: XS: 101.6cm (40"), S: 106.7cm (42"), M: 111.8cm (44"), L: 118.1cm (46.5"), XL: 126.4cm (49.8"), 2XL: 136.5cm (53.8"), 3XL: 147cm (57.9"), 4XL: 157.5cm (62")
  • Hip: XS: 108cm (42.5"), S: 113cm (44.5"), M: 118.1cm (46.5"), L: 124.5cm (49"), XL: 132.1cm (52"), 2XL: 142.2cm (56"), 3XL: 152.4cm (60"), 4XL: 162.6cm (64")
  • Length: XS: 86.4cm (34"), S: 87cm (34.3"), M: 87.6cm (34.5"), L: 88.6cm (34.9"), XL: 89.9cm (35.4"), 2XL: 91.8cm (36.1"), 3XL: 94cm (37"), 4XL: 96.2cm (37.9")
All measurements are approximate

I like Glen and he knows his stuff but I can't follow his too-fast monotone. This offering doesn't seem to be warm and the sleeves don't seem to be particularly loose so as Turandot says, why would you?

Debbie said last night she was wearing the large. There must have been at least a six inch gap down the front, no way would that have zipped up. Why not just wear the right size? Who would walk round in winter with a padded jacket/gillet/ whatever that doesn't meet in the middle??

I actually bought a padded coat from Dunnes* for £25 about a week ago. It is ultra light weight, even has a bag you can roll up and carry it with your own body heat helps warm it up and shower resistance. Yes, it is warm same wearing a heavy padded coat. Oh, and the best thing is the hood is not massive I can actually walk without having to pull it back, so I can see where I am going. Pet hate is hoods, which on most coats come down below my eyes when up. I feel like a mad monk.

Dunnes are an Irish chain in the Republic and up in N.I.
i Actually like a big hood, they're hard too find most have these tiny hoods that hardly fit over your head, let alone keep you dry!

Designers never get hoods right. If they're fur edged and it rains, its like having a wet dog around your neck. Some are too wide so when windy you're hanging on to it, and like Donna says some cover your eyes so impossible to see. Then there are the drawstring edge ones, that when drawn tight make you look like your on an Aunt Sally stall - and then rain runs down your face in inclement weather.

As for this winter's puffa coat offerings, it's the usual sludge colours - black, wine, olive, brown, grey. and navy if your lucky. I want light colours to raise my spirits! I want yellow, lilac, pink, pale green, pale blue - and yes there is winter white in some styles. Years ago black wellies were the norm (except Hunter green), then there came an explosion of riotous colours (I own a pair of Croc bright yellow), so if Wellies can do it, why can't winter coat manufacturers.
You're not wrong there! My winter puffa jacket has got a fur trimmed detachable hood, and yes when the fur gets wet it's a claggy drippy mess so I always have to put a brolly up. The hood only stays up properly when you secure the two poppers at the front which is great in really cold and windy weather but otherwise it's pretty useless as the zip that attaches it to the main body is too short. This makes the hood flop around and slip off all the time. I've also had the ones that stick out too far which is fine until you go and cross the road, look right, look left and all you can see is fabric! I also agree about the drawstring ones, they look ridiculous on everybody and your face gets wet. I've got a lightweight hooded puffa (not that puffy) and the hood is attatched and it's slightly elasticated and it's the best of a bad bunch for staying up, but sadly it's showerproof not waterproof. You can't win!

Have you looked at the Land's End site? I've been wearing their coats for years and they still look like new. Good quality, warm and they last.
Lands' End coats are excellent. What I would say (Squall coat owner here), if you have a larger bust or broad shoulders you may need to size up from their size guide. I followed it initially and the coat was gorgeous but too tight in the armholes and chest. Returned and sized up to perfection. I got caught in an icy rainstorm and every bit of me covered by the coat was warm and dry. My feet and lower legs were soggy as heck though.
If you sign up you get notifications of discounts all the time (daily emails, be warned).

Lands' End coats are excellent. What I would say (Squall coat owner here), if you have a larger bust or broad shoulders you may need to size up from their size guide. I followed it initially and the coat was gorgeous but too tight in the armholes and chest. Returned and sized up to perfection. I got caught in an icy rainstorm and every bit of me covered by the coat was warm and dry. My feet and lower legs were soggy as heck though.
If you sign up you get notifications of discounts all the time (daily emails, be warned).
Agree with everything. I bought my daughter a waterproof down Land's End coat one Christmas many moons ago and she didn't wear it for ages (not modern enough for her) but then the weather broke and she had to walk a mile to the train station and back every day, and her exact words were, "The Beast From The East is no match for my coat." She wore it all that winter and it's still her standby when the weather is awful. All mine have been bought on sales after winter and the savings are good.

Latest posts

Back