CH giving misinformation

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Caroleanne

Registered Shopper
Just heard CH tell everyone that you don`t get your P&P refunded when you return an item whilst showing a Lulu Guinness Handbag ... comparing it to train fair to London to go shopping How does she get away with that as it isn`t true is it?

Just heard CH tell everyone that you don`t get your P&P refunded when you return an item whilst showing a Lulu Guinness Handbag ... comparing it to train fair to London to go shopping How does she get away with that as it isn`t true is it?

In the fantasyland version of high street shopping, we all go into our shopping areas to buy only one thing at a time, so we should count the bus/train/tram/coach/plane/taxi fare separately on each occasion... or count the petrol and parking separately for each item we buy. Not in the real world! The amount we have to part with to do a comprehensive shop on QVC would buy us additional items or pay for a nice lunch out as well as our parking and petrol... or the aforementioned fares.

If you change your mind under the legislation which has replaced DSR, you are entitled to your postage being refunded, I believe, as well as getting your sending back postage refunded (more certain about that refund). If faulty, I think you get everything back as well.

From where was Catherine expecting her discerning, fictional, QVC shopper to travel to London? If it's from, say Tunbridge Wells, the amount to travel up to London will be considerably less than if you're taking a jaunt down from Edinburgh... Enquiring minds need to know :mysmilie_10:

Now let me think, £3.95 to get there and back from my local city centre were I could buy ten things, or between £49.50 - £59.50 to get ten things home from QVC, ooh that's a toughie.

Please note......not a toughie for me but for QVC customers. :mysmilie_17:

CHuntley has just turned into a total air head. Smiles a lot gusts endlessly and talks total crap.

One of these days she is going to do a health and safety warning about leaving our homes to go out and shop.

Your post made me laugh so much! I caught a little of her the other day, and she was talking very slowly and in a 'breathy' way, whilst grinning fit to split her face. Rather unnerving. She reminded me of a children's TV presenter addressing an audience of tiny tots. She seems to be promoting a Stepford Wives image!

CHuntley has just turned into a total air head. Smiles a lot gusts endlessly and talks total crap.

One of these days she is going to do a health and safety warning about leaving our homes to go out and shop.

Under distance selling regs, if you inform the company within 7 days of receipt of the product that you are returning then you are entitled, by law, a full postage refund, you however have to pay for returning it which will cost less than have than than Q charged to send it.

Not sure where she is travelling from for the price of a lulu Guinness hand bag but I reckon you could get a budget flight to New York :mysmilie_17:

Totally agree with you. Her simpering delivery does me in!

Also, I have a TFL Freedom Pass (my most treasured possession) so it costs me nothing to travel into central London. Do I qualify for free p&p, please?

You now have 14 days to cancel under the Customer Contracts (cancellations) Regs 2014 (the statute formerly known as DSR). So bearing in mind that Ideal World MBG is only 14 days now, surely it'd be possible to always get your P&P back from IW for returns provided you email them to cancel? Has anyone done this with IW with any success? Just off to post same Q on the IW forum...

Under distance selling regs, if you inform the company within 7 days of receipt of the product that you are returning then you are entitled, by law, a full postage refund, you however have to pay for returning it which will cost less than have than than Q charged to send it.

14 days, is the allowed period.

They know they're behind the times in charging huge P&P for every item, so this crap is how they try and justify it. I just hope that not too many people are taken in by it.

It's true if she was saying this in the context of using and trying the bag under the 30 day mbg, you don't get your P&P back then. You do get it back if you return within 14 days under DSR, but the item shouldn't have been used in that case. You can look at it, try it on if it's clothing, but to return under DSR the item must be in a new condition where it can be resold. Basically returning under DSR allows you to look at the item at home in the way in which you can if you're buying the item in a shop, but the minute you use it, wear it, wash it etc, you can't return under DSR and are under the 30 day mbg with no P&P returned.

Last edited:

I have had P & P refunded if I returned an item with 14 days.

To my surprise I also received a refund including p+p when I sent an item back a couple of week ago. I always send CS a mail saying I have returned xxx and why. Just recently they have answered me (within 24 hours) me saying I will receive a full refund for the 2 items I sent back at the beginning of the week. Their p+p to Spain is expensive and it really bugs me when I see how little small items cost to return.

The return under DSR only applies with unused products as I'm sure you ladies already know - I had a Facebook acquaintence ranting she dudnt get p&p back after she sent back a half empty beauty set "but I sent it back within the time''!

Latest posts

Back