Words fail me!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just watching the Dannii Minogue show, they’ve got the worst suit I have EVER seen. It’s shiny cheap polyester, just don’t know who would look good in this. And the price!
Nasty looking suit. Green and pink. I can't imagine who would go for it. And the woman presenter can't stop saying, "For you". What's the matter with her?

Has model Claire lost a bit of weight? She looks slimmer, or perhaps they have found clothes that actually fit her!
She's a 'happy' model, always smiling, unlike po-faced Sasha who only shows her long hair when she turns around so we can't see how the back of the garment looks! Seems to me that Claire is happy with her weight. She models the petite/XL sizes really well.

Wynne layers Summer Plisse Dress reduced to £80.88. Really. It literally just two pieces of fabric, with 2 shoulder and 2 side seams and hemmed round the neck and armholes. I reckon I could make this for around £25 and that’s using a similar fabric. It would probably take me around an hour to make and that’s making a size 28/30!

She's a 'happy' model, always smiling, unlike po-faced Sasha who only shows her long hair when she turns around so we can't see how the back of the garment looks! Seems to me that Claire is happy with her weight. She models the petite/XL sizes really well.
I've never got a good feeling about Sasha as a model. And it is beyond irritating to not see garments properly. She's pretty, but not my idea of a good model. I think, given how many years she has been in Q shows, she should know better.

Wynne layers Summer Plisse Dress reduced to £80.88. Really. It literally just two pieces of fabric, with 2 shoulder and 2 side seams and hemmed round the neck and armholes. I reckon I could make this for around £25 and that’s using a similar fabric. It would probably take me around an hour to make and that’s making a size 28/30!
This is what amazes me about some of their dresses - I'm no genius dressmaker, but I could make about six of the same dresses for the prices they charge, for what are basically simple dresses with just a couple of seams - and that would include a bit of binding around the neck and armholes. And that's at the reduced price! I can't see how they can charge even the reduced price for that.

I always used to think the same about the Yong Kim range a few years back, even allowing for the fact that most of the items were hugely baggy so heavy on the fabric. Many were such simple loose designs, just a couple of pieces of material, and yet the prices were eye-watering.

This is what amazes me about some of their dresses - I'm no genius dressmaker, but I could make about six of the same dresses for the prices they charge, for what are basically simple dresses with just a couple of seams - and that would include a bit of binding around the neck and armholes. And that's at the reduced price! I can't see how they can charge even the reduced price for that.

I always used to think the same about the Yong Kim range a few years back, even allowing for the fact that most of the items were hugely baggy so heavy on the fabric. Many were such simple loose designs, just a couple of pieces of material, and yet the prices were eye-watering.
I enlarged the picture on line and it looks as if the neck and sleeves just have rolled hems. I don’t think it’s the right fabric to use either as it is apt to stretch. Bearing in mind they pay wholesale prices for the fabric, it’s far too expensive.

Just watching the Dannii Minogue show, they’ve got the worst suit I have EVER seen. It’s shiny cheap polyester, just don’t know who would look good in this. And the price!
I've just had a look and it totally reminds me of clothes shopping in the early - mid 80's looking for a stunning outfit to wear to the office Christmas dinner/dance and this sort of thing would be hanging alongside the dresses with a black velvet bodice and a metallic pink or electric blue puffball skirt attached, and yes I bought one, but even back then I would've baulked at the idea of wearing a suit like that.

I often look at the prices and then look at the garment which for Wynne Layers is almost always a simple wide box cut affair and I cannot for the life of me understand why they are outrageously expensive. I’m not a sewer but it wouldn’t take a seamstress long to knock up one of any of these garments that are just shapeless sacks. Come on viewers, open your eyes and stop listening to the hype!! It’s a joke, wake up people!

I often look at the prices and then look at the garment which for Wynne Layers is almost always a simple wide box cut affair and I cannot for the life of me understand why they are outrageously expensive. I’m not a sewer but it wouldn’t take a seamstress long to knock up one of any of these garments that are just shapeless sacks. Come on viewers, open your eyes and stop listening to the hype!! It’s a joke, wake up people!
I’m probably over critical as I’ve been dressmaking since the early 1960’s. Wynne layers are shapeless, too short and boxy and too bl..dy expensive. As I always say if it looks bad on the models, it’ll look worse on normal ladies.

Another bugbear is stripes, checks and patterns that don’t line up properly. Helene Berman, Joules and Kim&Co seem to get it right most times. I can’t remember the brand, but they were selling a blouse with fuchsia flowers on it and they were all upside down!

I’m probably over critical as I’ve been dressmaking since the early 1960’s. Wynne layers are shapeless, too short and boxy and too bl..dy expensive. As I always say if it looks bad on the models, it’ll look worse on normal ladies.

Another bugbear is stripes, checks and patterns that don’t line up properly. Helene Berman, Joules and Kim&Co seem to get it right most times. I can’t remember the brand, but they were selling a blouse with fuchsia flowers on it and they were all upside down!
I can only think 'the faithful followers' will buy anything, especially if a so-called celeb. has touched the hem at any time, or their favourite presenter tells them it's wonderful and she has it in every colour. Also if it's labelled as 'designer'. Blimey, I'm no brilliant dressmaker but if that's what passes as 'designer' then I'm better than I thought.

I saw that hideous outfit. The presenter looked worse than awful in the pink one and Danni was almost as bad in the green one. No way on this earth would anyone design that get up. I was also amazed at the awful make up Danni Minogue had on - Aunt Sally didn't get a look in. Big stripes of blusher and far too dark foundation.

I bought this Monsoon dress. Expensive yes but it looks fab on. I suit red.

CC

Latest posts

Back