Charlie Bear TSV 17/09/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I like watching the bears and do like the look of Pansy so thanks for the information. There seems to be a few one time only's listed, is there not much stock of the TSV?

Ohhhh!..I do not like these bears :mysmilie_10: I was hoping for a big chunky grizzly. Hope they might bring one for Christmas, got Treasure last year, he is stunning.

Thanks for the heads up all the same. :wave:

daydreamer

I agree Autumn I never watch these shows,I find it nauseating.
Lynn :mysmilie_468:

Careful Lynn! Last time I used that word nauseating, I got a full on psychoanalysis about my perceived issues via a forum member! Each to their own, but I won't be watching today, as my opinion hasn't changed. Bears are sweet (as stuffed toys) though.

I'm partial to the odd teddy bear, but all that head manipulation slowly from side to side creeps me out..:mysmilie_865:

I never watch the CB hours as the guests creep me out, they are much too smarmy for me.....

Just came across the Charlie bears
TSV on the morning show, they remind me of those teddies you try and pick up with the mechanical claws in amusement arcades at the seaside

How many bears have you got now, Ian, I know you like your Charlie Bears? They are not my thing but I appreciate that they bring a lot of pleasure to many folks, both collecting and watching the shows.

How many bears have you got now, Ian, I know you like your Charlie Bears? They are not my thing but I appreciate that they bring a lot of pleasure to many folks, both collecting and watching the shows.

err this is my 24th oops there again i buy them when they are a special price like TSV or someone is selling one cheap and i cant refuse as i got one that should be about £70 on QVC for £48 off someone selling one

Not my cup of tea sorry, never have been, never will be but to each their own. For anybody who collects them and are within travelling distance of Southport there`s a shop down a small arcade off Lord St which is a kind of bricks and mortar Ebay. They sell anything and everything for people and take a small commission and the last time I was in there they had quite a number of Charlie bears for sale and the average price was around £30 to £35. Well worth it if you collect them.

These are not my cup of tea and I think that the way they present/sell them is boarding on schizophrenic the way they "talk" for them and give them "personalities" and "feelings" gives me the creeps.
In reality they are STUFFED TOYS how ever well they are made ,they DO NOT talk or wave or have feelings.
And I don't think that they are really collectors items. As Ian and Vienna have said they can be picked up for a lot LESS than they are selling them on Q. I thought that collectors items went UP in value not DOWN.
So buy them if you love them but don't buy as an investment or for as a new best friend.

i thought the lady presenter...forgot her name sorry look really thin ...she never was big but she looks very slight and drawn in the face ....she made catherine feel self concious i think as she said she felt like she looks like a person "who ate all the pies" ..infront of the charlie bears lady she probably does ...but she looks better for it....she said she has started diet chef ...again....i hope the lady is ok ....she looked so fragile

I've never bought one but watch the occasional show.I can see their appeal.I cant stand the couple that present the bears though - but wow watching this current hour,how much better the female guest is on her own.Shes speaking well and confidently and her passion shines through.When shes on with hubby/partner shes comes across as a stupid little girl all huddled into herself,with nothing intelligent to say for herself.

i thought the lady presenter...forgot her name sorry look really thin ...she never was big but she looks very slight and drawn in the face ....she made catherine feel self concious i think as she said she felt like she looks like a person "who ate all the pies" ..infront of the charlie bears lady she probably does ...but she looks better for it....she said she has started diet chef ...again....i hope the lady is ok ....she looked so fragile

I am worried about her too. Like you say, she has always been thin and sickly, but she looked skeletal today! You could see every bone and vein in her hands and arms and her cheeks sunk so much the skin is hanging and creased. She kept talking about her legacy after she's dead and gone too :-(

Loved the TSV but couldn't watch all the shows - it was too horrible seeing how frail she is.

Yes I was thinking the exact same thing about Charlie herself- she does look poorly- I hope she is ok.

yes she does look very thin....really hoping she is ok ... i didnt think i was the only one seeing this....thats been confirmed...and talking about her legacy ...bless her ....uncomfortable to watch her i agree...

These are not my cup of tea and I think that the way they present/sell them is boarding on schizophrenic the way they "talk" for them and give them "personalities" and "feelings" gives me the creeps.
In reality they are STUFFED TOYS how ever well they are made ,they DO NOT talk or wave or have feelings.
And I don't think that they are really collectors items. As Ian and Vienna have said they can be picked up for a lot LESS than they are selling them on Q. I thought that collectors items went UP in value not DOWN.
So buy them if you love them but don't buy as an investment or for as a new best friend.

I am also surprised that this couple can fit in the time to actually appear on QVC - being that its every 8 or 10 weeks now, what with CB's selling in so many places around the world ! I also wonder about the number of products that are made especially for qvc - quite a lot it seems, so why ? if these bears are global the company must be doing well, OR do QVC have a vested interest methinks ??

Latest posts

Back