Charlie Bears 'Sellers'

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

JR's Ego

Registered Shopper
What are your TRUE thoughts on this 'convenient' couple who sell bears, using the emotional blackmail route? Fair enough the bears are lovely, with character, but then, so are many bears, including Me to You Grey bears

Cringeworthy intro to product ..using that fabricated story about the guy walking into shop then falling in love with miss blondie... oh please! He's just a typical bloke fancying a pretty girl 4 goodness sake! But then the emotional route works, hence soppy story.

Yet another product. Yet another marketing ploy.

Im sure one day QVC will sell a fragrance guaranteed to get you sex, the moment you spray. LOL:devil: -- I would have it on auto delivery LOL

What are your TRUE thoughts on this 'convenient' couple who sell bears, using the emotional blackmail route? Fair enough the bears are lovely, with character, but then, so are many bears, including Me to You Grey bears

Cringeworthy intro to product ..using that fabricated story about the guy walking into shop then falling in love with miss blondie... oh please! He's just a typical bloke fancying a pretty girl 4 goodness sake! But then the emotional route works, hence soppy story.

Yet another product. Yet another marketing ploy.

Im sure one day QVC will sell a fragrance guaranteed to get you sex, the moment you spray. LOL:devil: -- I would have it on auto delivery LOL

i soooooooo agree. last time i posted about the charlie guy being creepy i got flamed to the max by mental cuddly toy fanatics. good luck!

He gives me the creeps.

And so does she: she needs to buy (and eat) a fair few hotpots from whatever money they're making from Le Q.

I don't find him creepy but he looks very out of place. She does a good job of mixing soppy and sales but I find him very uncomfortable to watch. He's awkward some how and bit lumpy and gruff round the edges in his presentation style.

I'm not a bear buyer. I can understand the appeal of Charlie Bears but I've never watched more than a few minutes. Perhaps he's someone it takes time to warm too and I never take the time.

To be fair in years gone by the doll sellers where just as creepy and some down right scary. Kara Trinton(sp), a QVC presenter always did the dolls shows. She spoke in little girl voices as if the dolls were talking to you. Now I don't watch the Charlie shows just the odd bit as I channel hop in ad breaks. The man no idea of his name seems to bounce in to remind the audience something that the cuddly chat between the wife and presenter have forgotten.

I love the bears, but no way can I watch that creepy guy, with his sick inducing voice.....

I know I am being sexist but I've never come across a bloke even remotely interested in furry toys so I find it weird to watch the bloke on the shows. Still I suppose if I were in his shoes and making money out of it I would be gushing away over them like a fountain LOL.

I'm ot into the bears but I can understand a lot of people do (fair enoughskies - whatever floats your boat and all that) and while I find Mr & Mrs Loved up a bit vomit inducing they don't particularly creep me out. What I do find a bit odd is why when the things are being presented do they have to do all that business where they move the bears heads and arms and stuff to pretend they're being cute and waving and eating cakes and god knows what else. That I do find a bit odd.

I had only ever seen the Charlie Bear couple on their original advert for the range. But last night I watched some of the 1am show with JR and I was truly shocked at Charlotte's? appearance. She was all 'bones' and her face was so gaunt, so different from the promo. She is an attractive lady, but last night she looked skeletal.

I find Charlie quite odd,all that stroking of bears bottoms and holding them like babies and pretending they have personalities.She seems nice enough and is very lovely to the customers but I feel a lot of it is very clever marketing,and it works!!
Will is just playing a role imho...part of the fantasy lovely Teddy Bear world.
Guess who's laughing all the way to the bank!!!

Don't buy either of them - the couple or the bears :talking: Can't stand to watch them for more than a few minutes - all that simpering over a bit of acrylic fur :doh: Never understood the fascination with stuffed toys. An ex once gave me 'Gizmo' the gremlin for a Chrimble pressie. Was not impressed :wonder: Needless to say it was binned tout suite once the relationship was over .

First few times thought they were ok, but then thought it was a bit too off pat and false.

Latest posts

Back