Charlie Bears

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
Not watching this show live - at work - but just seen on the website an Isobelle Lee bear for £462.00! Steiff don't even cost that much. Charlie Bears are, in my opinion, a cheap and cheerful brand, not especially top quality but then, what can you expect for the price they charge? Perhaps they are attempting to attract a more savvy buyer, a different class of customer. It seems to me that Charlotte and Will are employing the same ploy as other brands such as Kim & Co and Dawn Bibby and that is introduce the products at a cheaper price, then increase the cost after several years of people getting used to buying the brand.
I only have Rhubarb and Custard, and the joints are quite limp so I would not buy another as a collectible - I only buy limited editions, anyway - so I would hope the IL bear is of a much better quality. Still can't get over the price. If I was going to spend that kind of money on a bear, which I cannot justify, it would be a limited edition Steiff or, more probably, a genuine antique bear, not one from Charlie Bears.
As no details are given on the website, does anyone know if this bear is limited?

I don't know about the expensive bear,but what I have noticed is that Charlie bears are all starting to look rather samey.
The new bears are like the old bears and so on,but I guess there are only so many looks you can get away with, a bear is a bear afterall.

I know what you mean Lemonsqueezy, although I was tempted by the Lawrence bear or Paul (love his big belly) but resisted! I'm not really a collector but just a bit of a softy! :blush:

Jude xx

Latest posts

Back