Charlie Bears TSV 19/11/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have gone for the otter :mysmilie_59:, bought Gumboots last year....got the same impression as with the rabbit last year, about the squirrel this year, bit weird looking!

daydreamer

Nearly £30 for a book, including postage, and the same price region for 12 xmas cards; we are talking not about a hugely successful bear company, which is situated at the high end of the market, based on both price and collectability, but a small English company which, basically, caters to those who are either economically unable to, or don't want to, spend over £100 for a bear. A Charlie Bear - the quality of which I have found to be quite poor - realistically, is more of a soft toy, than a true collectible. Get real. Charlotte and Will are assuming that their core market will be composed of middle aged ladies, who look at the screen with an "oh how cute" attitude, and have the spare cash to waste on the cuddly toy they have been gushing over. I have a vast collection of bears, premium brands, and two Charlie bears, bought as a set, and there is no comparison in quality and design. I don't know what day those two were born on, but I certainly wasn't born yesterday.:angry:

It is blatantly obvious that this company is aspiring to the concept of 'Tatty Teddy'

No doubt in future, Charlie Bears will 'sell out' to some dragon type corporate boffin
As a result the quality will slip, plus fans are sure to see photo frames, gowns, onesies, slippers etc etc, and if QVC are still involved, no doubt some 'Doctor' is in a lab located in Switzerland at this very moment, concocting a Charlie Bears anti ageing cream with bear honey extracts ... and people will buy. `

To finish off... seeing pictures on QVC of two bears on a cruise climbing steps beggars belief....

Taxi!!!

Caught 5 mins last of of Jill F gushing over the bears saying she loved their butts, did not ring true to me that she loves loves loves bears.

Agree that it's only a matter of time before some big company takes it over, like LE and Avon.
Marketing and hype know no bounds when that happens. I even saw One Direction toothpaste in a store yesterday, good grief. :yawn:

Latest posts

Back