Christmas Beauty TSVs

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

RubySlippers

Registered Shopper
I've been underwhelmed with the offerings this year. I usually purchase beauty sets as presents for my family + myself, but I've found them to be very dull with excessive p & p. Dreaded High Street for me I think this year.

I have loved the 2 I bought RubySlippers-The Elemis one where most of it us for me,lol and the Mally one. I know that others have said (rightly) that Mally make up won't be widely known by friends and family BUT- I know people who have heard of her through their travels to the USA and my mum knows I use it so is happy to use the bits I give her. My friend had some from me last year and loved it so much she asked for more!

Also the Mally one was cleverer than I thought. In addition to the gift boxes supplied with it they had a booklet- similar to the one that came with the eye pallett TSV. You can hardly rip them up and plonk the instruction diagrams in each gift box- so Mally had included an additional, foldaway, perforated -edge set of instructions at the back so you tear off the one you want for your friend's set and pop it in the box. My friend got the plum shadows, black eyeliner and the lilac shimmed shadow stick from the OTO plus the Mauvelicious lip gloss. All of that will suit her colouring and she went nuts for the shadow sticks. The set came beautifully boxed. Mum got the brown shadows and expresso liner. I got the Taupe shadows, the 2 remaining glosses, the royal plum liner and 3 of my favourite mascaras which I replace every 3 months. I have used this mascara for the past 18 months and it really is as good as claimed.

Attention to detail and quality. I am surprised it didn't sell better but as others have said the last TSV probably let it down. But I used it as intended and can't praise it enough. I changed my mind about 3 times and cancelled then re-ordered. Glad I did.

That's great you're happy with a couple of the TSVs Weathergirl - I bought the Elemis TSV just to try the new milk bath but I really don't need/want anymore pcmc & it's always included. I love Mally's products but I'm not a powder eyeshadow girl.

Ive not been impressed either. The only one ive ordered was the Elemis TSV , that was great value for money and im really glad I got it, the other brands really haven't tried this Xmas, The Philosophy TSV was the same old grace fragrances and very boring , Mallys TSV was too expensive , Decleor and Gatineau were really only for regular users of the brands and were very pricey. The up and coming L'Ocitane TSV has too many small sizes so not impressed.

I am looking forward to the Laura Geller TSV so I hope that doesn't disappoint.

Elemis and Mally were the only ones that appealed to me. Hoping Laura Geller will be good but it's not looking likely.

Well my money has been safe as far as TS s have gone this year. Not one has interested me really, it's all same old, same old.
They only thing I have bought recently is the gift bags which I love and they weren't a TSV

I got the last Bare minerals one and it is fab but nothing since has grabbed me one you add p&p they are not such a good deal.

As I mentioned on the Elemis TSV thread, for the first time in many years, won't be buying. I've just found two pots of PCMC in the last 12 hours, looking for other things- knew I had one at least put by but two! reason I haven't used them is have been trying other creams, one as a Beauty Bible tester, which was as good as Elemis (for those interested, it was Melvita naturalift). Laura Geller is so tempting though.

I bought the Bare Minerals TSV and love it all Also went for the Mally TSV as keeping one set for my sisters birthday in February and the rest for me. Really love all of that as well. IMHO the skincare TSVs have all be vastly overpriced and contain the same old same old as most of the other TSVs those same brands have had throughout the year.

It used to be you had one or two TSVs from a brand in a whole year, now it is almost one every 6 weeks or so and I think that the magic has gone.

Latest posts

Back