Christmas day

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Deasmum

Registered Shopper
I was a bit shocked when Lynn and Jim both said that Gemporia will not be live this Christmas day. Aren't they supposed to be 'the friend in the living room', keeping people's company? What has happened to Gemporia? It's already bad enough that their recent offerings have been appallingly bad. I actually wanted to buy some Christmas presents from Gemporia but there was nothing worth buying besides the awfully expensive Cavill and Co which I cannot justify buying.

I was a bit shocked when Lynn and Jim both said that Gemporia will not be live this Christmas day. Aren't they supposed to be 'the friend in the living room', keeping people's company? What has happened to Gemporia? It's already bad enough that their recent offerings have been appallingly bad. I actually wanted to buy some Christmas presents from Gemporia but there was nothing worth buying besides the awfully expensive Cavill and Co which I cannot justify buying.
I was wondering what would happen this year once they started with the repeat show overnight but it definitely appears that the days of 24/7 52 weeks of the year are now gone.

Probably because they've always relied on freelancers and people like Matt Bennett popping in to help out on Christmas day before while the main presenters have a break - but reading between the lines, as they've hardly had any freelancers in this year, finances are obviously still a problem at Gemporia towers.

That being said, I've never really understood why they've not closed on Christmas day in the past anyway. If people can't manage for one day without buying from a TV channel, then they must have some sort of addiction. They're open for another 364 days..............

I'm amazed they aren't using Christmas Day to try to flog their "amazing" brown Agate bangle that I've just seen on sale for £129.00 - you'd have to be drunk to pay that for a bangle you could probably buy for £25.00 or less elsewhere. Honestly, their prices for even bog-standard cheap stones are just off the wall now, I cannot work out how they sell at the prices they charge.

It looks like re-runs (as of 3pm yesterday afternoon) all the way through to Wednesday morning. If I understood Ellis properly yesterday no live shows now until Wednesday morning. If that is the case, I don't understand why they didn't just suspend the thing altogether and just put a note on screen saying 'shut, see ya Wednesday'. It must be costing them to show re-runs. Unless it's already paid for time so .....

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all from me.

As I type Dave is on flogging Jade on reruns 😂

Truly amazing spice to my turkey 😅

Wishing everyone on this forum a very Merry Christmas and the Happiest New Year! ❤️

Attachments

• D2FC447A-03B1-4A09-A6D9-65D887B00A38.jpeg
    D2FC447A-03B1-4A09-A6D9-65D887B00A38.jpeg
    118.4 KB · Views: 21
It looks like re-runs (as of 3pm yesterday afternoon) all the way through to Wednesday morning. If I understood Ellis properly yesterday no live shows now until Wednesday morning. If that is the case, I don't understand why they didn't just suspend the thing altogether and just put a note on screen saying 'shut, see ya Wednesday'. It must be costing them to show re-runs. Unless it's already paid for time so .....

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all from me.
It was only 2 hours of recorded yesterday afternoon, they were live again 5pm-11pm.

At this time - Dave on flogging Jadeite again. It seems we don't even get respite from his hard sell on Christmas Day.

I can imagine Jade Troth inviting his family round for Christmas dinner, but just as they sit down to eat their Turkey and trimmings, Dave pulls out a big screen and stands for 40 minutes to give a speech about Jade.

Afterwards, he wheels in the desert trolley, and see's everyone face light up as they think they're getting Christmas Pudding - only to see their face turn to horror as they notice a trolley full of bangles.

I claim a prize....I've been watching Kate for all of 7 and a half minutes and not once has jade been mentioned! Is this a record? Did Dave's family all get a jade gift for Christmas? Have Gemporia sold it all (gasp!)? Is there a single person in the country who didn't get a piece of jade for Christmas? Answers on a postcard, please...

Happy jade-free New Year, everyone.

Latest posts

Back