Christmas Gift Ideas TSV 04/10/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Epilator for women of a certain age?
God I hope not. What would we like for Christmas ladies? If we could have one thing? I'd like another dog but I'm not allowed, so after that I'd like warm, fleecy pj's, or a bottle of gin or a nice pair of black boots (calf length).

CC

i don’t need or want anything.

my mobile went belly up last week so I had to get a new one. I have no interest in phones but realise in this day and age it is a necessity. I would have been satisfied with the most basic one but Mr L who is a bit of a techie wouldn’t hear of it so I had to spend more than I wanted for something I hardly use. I would have much preferred a piece of jewellery even though I could start my own shop.

The days of getting something you wouldn’t buy for yourself are long gone but food vouchers or fuel vouchers might be welcome if we continue the way we are going - not from Q though!

God I hope not. What would we like for Christmas ladies? If we could have one thing? I'd like another dog but I'm not allowed, so after that I'd like warm, fleecy pj's, or a bottle of gin or a nice pair of black boots (calf length).

CC
That is sad about the dog.

Attachments

• Toothbrush TSV 1.jpg
    Toothbrush TSV 1.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 30
  • Toothbrush TSV 2.jpg
    Toothbrush TSV 2.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 36
  • Toothbrush TSV 3.jpg
    Toothbrush TSV 3.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 30
  • Toothbrush TSV 4.jpg
    Toothbrush TSV 4.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 25
  • Toothbrush TSV 5.jpg
    Toothbrush TSV 5.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 35
I agree with LATI, there comes a time - and I've reached it, when there is nothing I want. Its my birthday on Monday (going backwards now ..47), and I've already received 2 bottles of Port, chutney and shortbread. So clearly that's how things will be now - food, which is fine. I would really like a voucher for Homesense though, then I can indulge in soft furnishings, bedding, or some really nice handcream.

I agree with LATI, there comes a time - and I've reached it, when there is nothing I want. Its my birthday on Monday (going backwards now ..47), and I've already received 2 bottles of Port, chutney and shortbread. So clearly that's how things will be now - food, which is fine. I would really like a voucher for Homesense though, then I can indulge in soft furnishings, bedding, or some really nice handcream.
Happy birthday Brissles

Like most of us on here there`s nothing I need nor particularly hanker for. My 3 sons and their partners all have mortgages and need their cars to get to work plus all the other cost of living expenses and I tell them every year to buy us nothing. I know they`ll totally ignore that and I wish they wouldn`t. Yes their incomings are far higher than ours but so are their outgoings.
They all seem to be sensible with their money and don`t fritter it, put their home and families first and work hard to keep their heads above water and I`m proud that all 3 got on the property ladder through their own efforts but they have a long way to go before they will be "comfortable" financially.
They`ll always refuse to buy us nothing so I tend to drop little hints for small inexpensive items or small treats in the hope they`ll take them on board. For me this year it`s fluffy socks because I always suffer from cold feet, a Country File 2023 calendar, a couple of pretty small notebooks because I always carry one in my bag and write shopping lists or things to do inside them, a box of nice notecards to keep in touch with people I know who rarely bother with the internet, a nice case for my specs, Maltesers, a bottle of Moscato or Pino Noire, a tin of shortbread, lip balms for when I`m out in the cold walking the dog, etc etc cheap n cheerful items and all of which I`d enjoy or find useful. I would honestly prefer any of them to overpriced toiletries, perfumes, clothes , household items, jewellery or gift cards.
Mr V is dead easy, his likes are red wine and Taylor Of Bond Street shaving cream or a multi pack of carbolic soap !

Christmas gift ideas - I think "ideas" is the operative word here, have a browse, see if you get any inspiration and if you do, go and buy it elsewhere quick smart! Can you imagine the amount of postage and packaging you'd pay if you bought all your presents from QVC? You could probably take your family out for a slap up meal, add on the amount of money you'd save on the individual items if you bought them elsewhere, and there's another present ticked off the list (and I don't mean a stocking filler either!)
Their expensiveness is beyond a joke now, and the way things are going, it's set to get worse. Yes, it's the same for all retailers, and I'm sure everybody will be trying to give us special deals right left and centre, however, Q's idea of a deal is to give you a longer time to be in debt - roll on the influx of EZpay 4, 5, or 6 even - can't wait!

Last edited:
SmartCare Lux Sonic Toothbrush with 4 Brush Heads
Item Number: 730303
QVC Price £55.00
Todays Special Value Price £39.98
P&P £3.95

Your smile matters, which is why SmartCare have designed the ultimate rechargeable Lux Sonic Toothbrush. Advanced sonic cleaning technology works to sweep away plaque for an amazingly effective yet gentle clean, while five different cleaning modes allow you to personalise your routine for your best cleaning experience yet. Even better, this toothbrush comes in six colour options and with four brush heads. All that's left to do is charge, turn on the power and brush your way to pearly white teeth.

*A great saving: If you were to buy the Smart Care Lux Sonic Toothbrush with 4 Brush Heads individually, directly from Jaristudios.com you’d pay £139.98. So, for our Today’s Special Value price of just £39.98 plus P&P, you’re saving £96.05.

A powerful clean - advanced sonic cleaning technology produces up to 40,000 vibrations per minute, helping you to reduce plaque and keep your teeth and gums clean and healthy-looking. You can also personalise your cleaning routine with five different brush modes: Standard, Whitening, Sensitive, Deep Clean and Polish.

Smart features - this Lux toothbrush boasts a two-minute auto-timer, ensuring you always give your teeth the ideal, dentist-recommended brushing time. In addition, the bristles fade from blue to white to let you know when it's time to replace them.

Choose your colour - your Lux Sonic Toothbrush should be just right for you and, with six different colours available, you won't just love how it works, you'll love how it looks. Our choice includes Rose Gold, Aqua, Purple, Silver, Navy Soft Touch and Black Soft Touch, so you can go bright or minimalistic.

• Built-in rechargeable battery
  • Two-minute smart timer
  • IPX 7 full body waterproof design
  • 2-in-1 power button: on/off and mode selection
  • Charging time: less than 12 hours
  • Usage time: up to 80 minutes (up to 40 uses at 2 mins per use)
  • Up to 40,000 strokes per minute
  • Cable: 80cm (31.5")

Modes:

• Standard
  • Sensitive
  • Whitening
  • Deep Clean
  • Polish

Colour options:

• Rose Gold
  • Aqua
  • Purple
  • Silver
  • Navy Soft Touch
  • Black Soft Touch

What's in the box?

• 1 x handle
  • 1 x charger base
  • 4 x brush heads

All measurements are approximate

The disappointment of opening your gift on Christmas day and it's a toothbrush. Yippee :rolleyes: Almost as bad as that toaster my mum bought me one year when I thought it was a big box of MB goodies.

CC

Latest posts

Back