Christmas Killjoy's

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

yorkrose26

Registered Shopper
Being the very sad person that I am I have just been looking at the TV Guide for QVC and noted that they are having a presentation tomorrow (so exactly a week before the 'big red guy' pays a visit), of 'Slim n Lift', I can just imagine the presentation spiel now, you know the 'get it now, so you don't have to wait (weight :) until the new year, and other brilliant sale-spiel along the same lines. My point is this, (I usually do have one), is that not making the people who perhaps may feel a tad guilty, guilty (even more so) and not giving the opportunity for those that want to splurge now and 'think later', to be able to 'guilt-free' splurge.

I can kinda see why they are having it and why they have timed it when they have it just to me seems to be a bit of a 'killjoy', I know they will be paid etc for the time but it still seems to me bad scheduling!

Ladies, I've said it before and I'll say it again - DO NOT BUY SLIM AND LIFT.

1. You will take half an hour to get into it.
2. All your hopes and dreams of losing half a stone instantly will be dashed.
3. They are uncomfortable.
4. They dig in around tops of legs (if pants style)
5. They roll down (if under bra style)
6. They make you hot and sweaty and they do not wick moisture away
7. All you will have is your fat encased in hot sweaty fabric and you will just want to take them off
8. You will not look like the very slim models they have to showcase these items.

I suggest you wear your normal undies, wear a dress you know you look good in and just forget that you might have a little wobble in the tummy area. Look at everyone else and you know what, you do realise that you're not alone and actually you look quite good (without expensive slim and lift).

CC

Yes I know not to buy it, put thanks for the reassurance, that I will keep my 'wobbly bits' under 'normal' underwear for now. As for Christmas in July well no prizes for guessing where that started!

I've always thought those Slim and Lift type products can't do your insides much good by crushing everything together like that. So what if we're not all perfect? I know I'm not. Everything wobbles on me :)

The next "thing" will be the diet books and Sleb workout DVDs so you can look good for your cruise. It's all so utterly predictable!

Then Richard Jackson will appear with his weekly TSVs until Christmas starts again in June!

Ladies, I've said it before and I'll say it again - DO NOT BUY SLIM AND LIFT.

1. You will take half an hour to get into it.
2. All your hopes and dreams of losing half a stone instantly will be dashed.
3. They are uncomfortable.
4. They dig in around tops of legs (if pants style)
5. They roll down (if under bra style)
6. They make you hot and sweaty and they do not wick moisture away
7. All you will have is your fat encased in hot sweaty fabric and you will just want to take them off
8. You will not look like the very slim models they have to showcase these items.

I suggest you wear your normal undies, wear a dress you know you look good in and just forget that you might have a little wobble in the tummy area. Look at everyone else and you know what, you do realise that you're not alone and actually you look quite good (without expensive slim and lift).

CC

Yes CC agree 100%. I had something similar, only cheaper, but still OK, they were agony to wear. Only way you would be comfortable would be wearing them at least a size larger than your normal size.

When I first became aware of this new kind of under garments on IW must be nearly 10 years ago now I bought a pack of five for I think £9.99 + P&P described as shorts because they had legs ... well they are on their last legs now and try as might online and high street I can`t find anything as comfortable and visibly pleasing on the leg line .... one of my Slim`n`Lift duo is still in the packet!! I was about 2 stones lighter so didn`t buy it for the `slimming` affect but for the no VPL !!

Latest posts

Back