Chuntley........ aaaaagh

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

dottiebird

Registered Shopper
I am so sorry if I offend anyone with this post, but I am tuned in to the Household Helpers programme at 12.00 midnight, and Ms Huntley, is on with that awful lisping voice that she has. Does it not annoy anyone else or is it just me? Me and my family call her "whistling Rufus".......... her lissssssping gets on my nerves, honestly. It is a wonder that the tv screen is not covered in spit. I know I am being very cruel but she gets right up my nose and makes me want to switch off....... To me she is a most annoying presenter:mysmilie_503::mysmilie_477::mysmilie_455::mysmilie_10::frown:

I wouldn't say she lisps-it's just a pronounced s that she probably has no control over. I quite like Catherine actually-prefer her to Ms Franks anyway as she seems a more 'normal' personality to me.

I hadn't noticed, but I'm paying attention now. I make a similar sound and it's only since I had new crowns fitted to my two front teeth - perhaps Catherine has crowns too ?

Linda :mysmilie_518:

I used to really dislike her - and dislike her love of the word "Now" - it used to really grate on me.

TBH,she grown on me.She always seems so grateful for the job and i feel this comes across in enthusiasm - if not sometimes a little OTT.I would much prefer to watch her over a couple of other presenters (who should be more pleased than they are, to have the job!!)

I like Catherine,I much prefer her to DF,DG or JF. She seems quite normal and not at all pushy/giddy/ or ott girlie. Still each to their own, it wouldn't do if we were all the same.:mysmilie_59:

CH's voice doesn't annoy me but she does tend to talk in quite a monologue style, a few more pauses would make her more interesting to listen to imo. At least she doesn't slurp :puke: at the end of her words like JR, now that really does get on my nerves. :headbang: She has a peculiar lopsided mouth which is even more noticeable when she laughs, I wonder if that is why she does it?? :thinking:

I think Catherine seems like a really genuine and lovely person and would make a great mate but im afraid i just cant be doing with her presenting style either. She's a bit too sugary for my liking.

Live and let live I say, well usually at any rate but.......

The more we watch our shopping channels, the more we feel we actually KNOW the presenters.

I think Catherine has very good diction but agree that there is a "whistle" when she speaks and yes could well be caused by dental ctowns too large for her mouth. In most other ways she is a lovely presenter but does tend to over apologise when she has hiccups or coughs etc (just get on with it Catherine).

Debbie Greenwood and Kathy Tayler are difficult to follow sometimes. They cut short their sentences and faff about too much. They should be more economical with words but they are both quite likeable although Kathy is very serious somtimes.

We seem to be having an overdose situation of Jill Franks lately. She is popping up all the time and I just can't stand her. I find her boyish and impish and am really not at all interested in the fact that her husband bought her a "mother of pearl" engagement ring (tight so and so).

One of the two presenters I disliked the most has now gone, albeit temporarily - Claudia. Demeaning other presenters doesn't go down well with me and she was forever correcting her co-presenters and was frequently incorrect in her opinions anyway.

The other one who I would like to throw as far into the distance as possible is flamin Claire Sutton. How anyone can tolerate her I just do not know. She would have been the girl in school that we all loved to hate. Teacher's pet probably but so flippin girlie and immaculate that they make you sick. Yes, that's it! She makes me sick.

Oh and when you decide which is your real speaking voice love, let us know.

I find lately that I can't stand any of them! Maybe it's my age! Catherine gets on my nerves a bit for being too sweet plus she's always on about oh this will be gone before I get the chance to order it..yeh, right, like you wouldn't order it before you went on if you really wanted it! I can't stand Jill Franks, Julia gets right up my nose, Charlie's too boyish, Dale too suave, Kathy gets everything wrong even tho she at least comes across as being fairly normal and nice - I don't know why I bother watching QVC at all really..!

(mum writes)

I find QVC is so irritating that it makes me angry. So much so that my son forced me to stop watching recently and put an old Pavarotti concert on from Sky Arts. It was thoroughly relaxing and has made me realise that I really need to give QVC the spanish archer.

I find lately that I can't stand any of them! Maybe it's my age! Catherine gets on my nerves a bit for being too sweet plus she's always on about oh this will be gone before I get the chance to order it..yeh, right, like you wouldn't order it before you went on if you really wanted it! I can't stand Jill Franks, Julia gets right up my nose, Charlie's too boyish, Dale too suave, Kathy gets everything wrong even tho she at least comes across as being fairly normal and nice - I don't know why I bother watching QVC at all really..!

Couldn't agree more BusyMum. I find I switch over to watch a particular show but very soon turn off. Most of the presenters come accross as being quite patronising. I do sometimes watch with the sound off though, if it is something I am really interested in. Sounds daft, but then I do research on the internet and get all the info I need.

For the life of me, I can't understand how ANY presenter can illicit such strong reactions in people, the occasional irritation I'll admit to but I'd never, ever get worked up about someone who means nothing to me or I to them.
On the whole, I find QVC relaxing and quite entertaining at times.No matter what cr@p is going on in your own life, there they all are, putting a smiley face on and performing to the cameras, a bit like Corrie really!:grin:
I very rarely watch in normal speed so I can control how much of a presenter I watch.
Just go on to the website if you don't want to watch-easy:wink:
There's too many real people in real life to concern ourselves about imho.............................bye, bye.....off to watch Moira C on IW, now that IS entertainment!!:giggle:

It's the presenters on the 'other side' that irritate me, but that's for another day.

I agree that I struggle to watch Claire for very long.

There's too many real people in real life to concern ourselves about imho.............................bye, bye.....off to watch Moira C on IW, now that IS entertainment!!:giggle:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip-off Rozzy........haven't seen nutty Moira for ages. I'm off to watch her now too.x

Couldn't agree more BusyMum. I find I switch over to watch a particular show but very soon turn off. Most of the presenters come accross as being quite patronising. I do sometimes watch with the sound off though, if it is something I am really interested in. Sounds daft, but then I do research on the internet and get all the info I need.

I'm not alone then Buttercorn! Not daft, I often press the mute button when it all gets too much for me! I was watching CH on the Tiger's Eye hour a few days ago and had to shut her up, if she'd have said "shetoyancy" (or however you spell it!) one more time I'd have had to be put in a straitjacket! I think I counted 7 or 8 before she had to be silenced!

For the life of me, I can't understand how ANY presenter can illicit such strong reactions in people, the occasional irritation I'll admit to but I'd never, ever get worked up about someone who means nothing to me or I to them.
On the whole, I find QVC relaxing and quite entertaining at times.No matter what cr@p is going on in your own life, there they all are, putting a smiley face on and performing to the cameras, a bit like Corrie really!:grin:
I very rarely watch in normal speed so I can control how much of a presenter I watch.
Just go on to the website if you don't want to watch-easy:wink:
There's too many real people in real life to concern ourselves about imho.............................bye, bye.....off to watch Moira C on IW, now that IS entertainment!!:giggle:

Too right Rozzy! QVC is just some light entertainment and on here its just harmless fun having a good ol bitch about well paid presenters. Its so easy to pick holes.
We better not take ourselves too seriously on here. QVC World is just escapism.
There are far more important things to get actually heated up about.

Sorry but i think QVC need to have a big shake up with their presemters and get some fresh good looking presenters on that have good product knowledge.
Too much stale wood that has been on since day one!

I think she is trying to be ultra feminine, and ends up sounding wet and wappy! It's a very irritating way of speaking, she hasn't always spoken like that. I can't watch her at all because of it, and I can tolerate most people.

Latest posts

Back