CHuntley's facial growth

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lizdelassa

Registered Shopper
Now don't get me wrong, I think Catherine is a great presenter and an attractive lady but I have just caught up with today's diamonique show and she was shown up close because of the earrings she was wearing (669935). At one point it almost looks like she has a blond beard. :sad:
Not very flattering QVC.

Cameras are cruel and people who yoyo weight can have extra hair. Vellus hair not really fixable so i don't see that there's much point in mentioning it.

Just realised my post sounded critical of the OP for her comments, I was just putting my own view forward not sniping :wave:

Just realised my post sounded critical of the OP for her comments, I was just putting my own view forward not sniping :wave:

I didn't think you were sniping but I agree that it didn't need mentioning.

I did not think you were snipping either and totally agree it did not need mentioning. Some post on this forum are getting very ....... hm, I can not think of the right term for it

If you actually read what I wrote I wasn't digging at Chuntley, I think she's one of the prettiest presenters, I was actually saying QVC's camera work was less than flattering. Chuntley happens to be one of my favourites and when everybody else slates la Roberts or Jill Franks it seems as if that's acceptable and fair game when I am not slating Chuntley just making a comment on how cruel the camera can be.
It seems to me that the New Year has brought some guilt complexes out in people who are suddenly becoming holier than thou.

I am only going to comment that hairy QVC jawlines are quite common
mysmilie_61.gif
and that Burlz is very naughty.... :giggle:

Well all have fine down on our faces, trouble is all these high tech camera and hi di now show it up.

On QVC US you should read the comments about the same thing. Its gross and they should all get their faces shaves or waxed!!!! ETC ETC
Infact they have whole threads on dry shaving your face!!!!!:sweat:

Twenty First Century, women are not allowed out in public with hair anywhere but their heads.

I do remember a blond model who when they did a close up of her wearing earrings did look like she was covered in thick white hair on her face. Yet when they drew back to normal view nothing totally invisible.

If you actually read what I wrote I wasn't digging at Chuntley, I think she's one of the prettiest presenters, I was actually saying QVC's camera work was less than flattering. Chuntley happens to be one of my favourites and when everybody else slates la Roberts or Jill Franks it seems as if that's acceptable and fair game when I am not slating Chuntley just making a comment on how cruel the camera can be.
It seems to me that the New Year has brought some guilt complexes out in people who are suddenly becoming holier than thou.

I don't think it is acceptable.
I do think the title of your thread made it seem like you were having a dig though.

I shouldn't lose sleep about it lizdelassa, I have always thought that it did depend on the thread starter as to what is deemed acceptable. I have many times written things down that on reflection I wish I hadn't, it's life it happens. You like Catherine I like Catherine, we all have facial hair/bum fluff.:wink:

Ah, but QVC likes to pretend we have absolutely no hair on our arms, as well! And if you have, you should go and buy their products to get rid of this terrible maladie! (surprised they haven't tried selling an arm trimmer yet)

And this is the prime reason you shall never find me presenting at QVC Towers. For I am only one step away from what's known in the business as 'The Brian Blessed Effect'. OK from a distance, but close up...woah mamma, pass the phillips ladyshave :giggle: . If I had been alive in Victorian times I would have made a fortune in the travelling circuses.

But seriously, the cameras do get mighty close up and it's going to show every imperfection - I do feel a bit sorry for the female presenters when this happens, as lets face it most of us have some sort of facial accoutrements....:wink:

But I love seeing that, it means that, even though they try to make out they are perfect cause they sell all the perfect stuff, they are just like everyone, with imperfections.

I like it. xxxxx

I notice I've got the same "problem". I'll look in a mirror and think I look OK, then catch sight of myself in another and notice fine hairs, large open pores etc. I guess it depends on the strength and angle of light. With studio cameras there's no hiding place.

I should imagine the presenters are dreading the day when QVC is broadcast in HD. Perhaps they'll have to start using the soft-focus lens they have for Liz Earle.

Re personal comments on ST, I think we forget that we are "talking" to strangers on here, not chatting to a friend while watching QVC, so it's inevitable that we don't all have the same views as to what is "mentionable" and what is not.

I appreciate that posters will want to challenge others' comments but I've noticed an increasing number of forthright and aggressive posts which are out of all proportion to the comment that offends them. I don't understand why people get so incensed and angry about things that really do not matter.

Lecture over :handshake:

Linda xx

You think certain mirrors are bad!! Never, EVER get one of those 10x magnification mirrors then!! Dear lordy, you'd never leave the house!!

Maybe someone could explain to me, knowing full well it's SO depressing looking in one of those, I absolutely HAVE to check myself out in them whenever I see one in a department store?? :taphead::puke:

You think certain mirrors are bad!! Never, EVER get one of those 10x magnification mirrors then!! Dear lordy, you'd never leave the house!!

Maybe someone could explain to me, knowing full well it's SO depressing looking in one of those, I absolutely HAVE to check myself out in them whenever I see one in a department store?? :taphead::puke:

I think its a woman thing (and some guys too), we only ever look in a mirror to find something wrong! I keep trying to look at the positives but its getting harder all the time! :giggle:

no-one took offence when I called Julia a chav (or at least they didn't say so). I don't know why some comments cause such ructions, while others don't. I read the post at the top of the thread as being critical of QVC, not Catherine, particularly as it said "not flattering, QVC"!
Perhaps it was the title, I don't know, but I know that I am getting nervous before I post now!!!!!!

no-one took offence when I called Julia a chav (or at least they didn't say so). I don't know why some comments cause such ructions, while others don't. I read the post at the top of the thread as being critical of QVC, not Catherine, particularly as it said "not flattering, QVC"!
Perhaps it was the title, I don't know, but I know that I am getting nervous before I post now!!!!!!

You can't know whether or not anyone took offence. Maybe people did, but didn't feel able to post for fear being shot down in flames. What one person finds amusing another will take offence at. I read the title of the thread and thought it was a dig but maybe that wasn't what the OP had intended.

Latest posts

Back