Claire on Gold Clearance Show

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Not sure about the 'Clearance Day' music either, it sounds like 'The Simpsons' theme tune...not good for subliminal messaging, especially with Claire dressing in charactor as a cartoon, she just needs the yellow skin.

I like Claire and normally she looks well turned out but oh dear me, what with the deckchair she's wearing and the hair that looks like the Yogi wand went badly wrong, she's not looking her best today.

I recoiled in horror when I saw that hair. It's not a good look for a woman in her 40's, in fact it makes her look older. Dolly Parton she "ain't".

She's looking more and more like Barbie every time she's on and it's all been said about the deckchair dress.

claire,catherine and jilly are my least favourite women presenters they tend to woffle and dont sell anything imo.
claire always looks presentable and so does catherine when she keeps it simple and does not try toooo hard which sadly she does. hate the blonde extensions they are horrid.

I prefer Claire's hair shorter as I think it's more flattering for her face shape but she does have glorious bouncy hair that most women would sell their granny for.

I think it looks quite nice today but I'm not sure about the frock.

Claire has a long face, and the long, bright yellow Barbie-looking hair makes her look like a man in drag. She reminds me of Syd Little when he used to "drag up" as Mae West for some unknown reason.

Couple that with the baby-waby talk and it's horrendous.

That's without taking into effect today's outfit, which looks like it's designed to go with anything, but in fact goes with nothing.

This all sounds harsh, I know. But these women are trying to flog you overpriced clothes, beauty products and jewellery; does dressing like a 45 year old bloke who's gone mad in his wife's wardrobe while she's away actually help CS do her job?

Last edited:
Her hair doesn't suit her at all now.
It's far too young for her & makes her already long face look very horsey.

What really annoyed me though on that show was her wittering on about being taken to Venice for her 40th, all the rings she has to choose from at home etc, etc. Very nice for her, I know, but not very likely to encourage people who are struggling with bills these days to buy a bit of something from her as a treat, having their nose rubbed into how they're helping finance her lifestyle.

Her hair doesn't suit her at all now.
It's far too young for her & makes her already long face look very horsey.

What really annoyed me though on that show was her wittering on about being taken to Venice for her 40th, all the rings she has to choose from at home etc, etc. Very nice for her, I know, but not very likely to encourage people who are struggling with bills these days to buy a bit of something from her as a treat, having their nose rubbed into how they're helping finance her lifestyle.

I agree, she does look very horsey and that hair only accentuates it.

I also agree that the presenters shouldn't brag about what they've got. Jill Franks is another one who does that a lot, but she doesn't have 'Bank of Mum and Dad' to keep in business does she?

Jill Franks' husband is a well respected PR guy. He's the MD (I think) of a leading London PR agency and will be able to provide a fabulous lifestyle for Jill and for himself. I wouldn't like to guess at what his salary is. Eye-watering I think.

But that said ... good luck to her. And to Claire. Money isn't everything. Unless you're stoney broke of course.

I did hear Claire this morning but I didn't think she meant to rub anyone's nose in it.

But that said ... good luck to her. And to Claire. Money isn't everything. Unless you're stoney broke of course.

I did hear Claire this morning but I didn't think she meant to rub anyone's nose in it.

I agree.

To me she seems to be a really nice woman and I'm sure she would make a very good friend if you were in her circle.

It wouldn't do her any good to be boasting, I'm sure she wasn't, just chatting away (got to fill up the air time some how, can't just sit there with nothing to say after all).

And... I like her hair as well - so there !!! :angel: !! :up: :angel:

Jill Franks' husband is a well respected PR guy. He's the MD (I think) of a leading London PR agency and will be able to provide a fabulous lifestyle for Jill and for himself. I wouldn't like to guess at what his salary is. Eye-watering I think.

If you go on live TV and speak to your very mixed audience about your wealth then you're going to cause bad feeling. If JF and her husband are loaded then that's lovely for them, although money isn't everything and I doubt they've got perfect lives, but people really don't need to know.

My husband has a very good job and I have friends living on the benefits system. I am always extremely careful what I say in general conversation because I just wouldn't feel right talking about what I've got and they haven't. In my experience people who brag are usually the ones who have grown up with very little and have acquired money in later life.

If you go on live TV and speak to your very mixed audience about your wealth then you're going to cause bad feeling. If JF and her husband are loaded then that's lovely for them, although money isn't everything and I doubt they've got perfect lives, but people really don't need to know.

My husband has a very good job and I have friends living on the benefits system. I am always extremely careful what I say in general conversation because I just wouldn't feel right talking about what I've got and they haven't. In my experience people who brag are usually the ones who have grown up with very little and have acquired money in later life.

Exactly.
Was brought up to believe it's extremely bad manners to draw attention to such things.

I agree that money isn't everything and it certainly doesn't guarantee happiness, health and great friends and family.

I don't think though from having heard Claire that she meant any harm. She was just excitedly waffling as she does. And if she's offended people then I think it was unintentional. I haven't had a holiday for nearly two years for various reasons. By which I mean a week or two off somewhere foreign but my best friend has just been to St Lucia. I must admit I thought lucky git but I don't wish she couldn't afford to go. And she brought me back a pressie!

I agree that bragging isn't a welcome trait. In a friend or a QVC presenter.

I'm losing the plot here. I thought Claire had been talking about a trip to Venice?? Perhaps I heard a different bit.

I wouldn't particularly want to go on a Club Med holiday even if it wasn't bonkers money. I like peace and quiet during the day and a few different places to choose from to eat at night. Or I'll give up the peace and quiet during the day for a luxury hotel but I still don't want to have all the activities available. You pay through the nose to have them on tap. I do like Florida though.

I'm losing the plot here. I thought Claire had been talking about a trip to Venice?? Perhaps I heard a different bit.

I wouldn't particularly want to go on a Club Med holiday even if it wasn't bonkers money. I like peace and quiet during the day and a few different places to choose from to eat at night. Or I'll give up the peace and quiet during the day for a luxury hotel but I still don't want to have all the activities available. You pay through the nose to have them on tap. I do like Florida though.

Yes she did mention her 40th in Venice with hubby I laughed she said we had a fantastic time, just can't recall the descriptive word she used adding as it was without the children.
:happy: Having had not a night away in 16 years without our very own daughter I guess we haven't had one of those ..... times away not. :sun:

As for the Club Med hols, no not Claire, first mentioned at the weekend and will be confirmed in the coming weeks, no doubt. :talking:

:blush:

Last edited:
All this talk about bragging has reminded me of a dinner party I went to last year. This woman who was sitting near me said when was 40 her husband took her to Tiffany's in New York and bought her the lovely bracelet she was wearing. Well actually she couldn't make up her mind so they flew home and then she regreted not buying it so he ordered it in the uk and it was sent in time for for her birthday. I've just had a look at the Tiffany's web site and found a similar bracelet priced at just a tad over $14,000. Its just horses for courses.

There still are many,many,many people with spare cash to do with what they want and if they want to talk about it so what :sun:. I think it's good for the economy if people flash their wealth.

When I first tuned in to qvc some 7/8 years ago, Claire was one of the most attractive of the girls - her hair was a lovely blonde shade and styled in a bouncy shoulder length, and her make up was just "right".

In the intervening years, her hair has grown and the colour is now quite a dirty blonde. The make up looks harsh and shiny , and (I've said this before) I think is due to the kohl underlining of her eyes. I believe if she reverts to her old look, she will look more softer, and less like a man in drag.

Latest posts

Back