Charlene

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Grizelda

ShoppingTelly Supporter
Nothing looks good on this model, imo. Do women buy the clothes she wears because they know they will look better in them than she does? The only positives about her are her pretty teeth and thick, curly hair. She does not compare at all well with the other QVC models whose figures flatter the clothes.

I don’t recall a model called Charlene. Is she new ? I’ve been away a few weeks so might not have seen her yet.

I don’t recall a model called Charlene. Is she new ? I’ve been away a few weeks so might not have seen her yet.
She's not new. She's Black and extremely tall, which in most cases is an asset, but in her case, with her height and shape, the clothes do not fit (trousers too short, for e. g.) unless she is wearing an oversized tunic.

She's not new. She's Black and extremely tall, which in most cases is an asset, but in her case, with her height and shape, the clothes do not fit (trousers too short, for e. g.) unless she is wearing an oversized tunic.
Is she the one who wears a scarf around her abundant hair?

I think this model doesn’t look great because she always seems to have to cover up. So shirts or roll necks under dresses and tunics. It may be cultural but I always think it’s not showing the full potential of the garments.

It may be better not to be sensitive but possibly, perhaps they are sensitive, suffering from low self esteem or lacking confidence. Just because someone has a career that has invited them onto TV it makes no difference to their mental health and certainly doesn't make them a target for criticism over any other profession.

I doubt her career goal was to model on QVC, but fair play to her. She's working for an income. It's a job so why publicly critise someone you don't feel is well sorted in the way they look to do their job.

No, but both these women are grim. Neither have fashion model figures and absolutely zero personality.
So real people?

I've seen Charlene and I think she looks lovely. It's not her fault if the clothes don't fit her properly. I have seen that all the trousers are too short on her but they are the same on all the tallest models. Lots of the models look awful in the clothes they are modelling, such as Sophia and Claire.

CC

No, but both these women are grim. Neither have fashion model figures and absolutely zero personality.
What an absolutely horrible post. I would be devastated to be described as grim, with an unacceptable figure and lacking in personality.

Anyone who works in TV and appears on the telly screen sets him/her self up for comment, both positive and negative. It's better not to be sensitive about criticism in this case, I think.
Really! So a career in TV means you can disparage some person on that believe?

I've seen Charlene and I think she looks lovely. It's not her fault if the clothes don't fit her properly. I have seen that all the trousers are too short on her but they are the same on all the tallest models. Lots of the models look awful in the clothes they are modelling, such as Sophia and Claire.

CC
I agree. just look at the measurements of the garments they are not high street sizes thats for sure. Take the coats a size 8 bust is usually only 10 inches smaller than the size 22. Hence why the models never button the coats or jackets up. pathetic.

What an absolutely horrible post. I would be devastated to be described as grim, with an unacceptable figure and lacking in personality.

But it was okay for you to mock another member’s grammar on another part of the forum. It clearly upset them and it was pointed out to you that they were dyslexic. It was okay to upset them, though, in your world of emotional damage defence double standards.

It may be better not to be sensitive but possibly, perhaps they are sensitive, suffering from low self esteem or lacking confidence. Just because someone has a career that has invited them onto TV it makes no difference to their mental health and certainly doesn't make them a target for criticism over any other profession.

I doubt her career goal was to model on QVC, but fair play to her. She's working for an income. It's a job so why publicly critise someone you don't feel is well sorted in the way they look to do their job.

So real people?
Very well said - I agree

Whilst you may not like what was said, that is fine, you are entitled to your opinion but so is everyone else on the forum. ST have always allowed positive and negative posts.

But it was okay for you to mock another member’s grammar on another part of the forum. It clearly upset them and it was pointed out to you that they were dyslexic. It was okay to upset them, though, in your world of emotional damage defence

And you choose to describe purchasers as mentally ill. Let's agree to move on.

And I apologised. You didn’t. You’re not capable of moving on.

Latest posts

Back