Real Women

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Grizelda

ShoppingTelly Supporter
Ten minutes into the show, and designer Melissa B has mentioned 'real women.' three times. What on earth does she mean? Women who are XL and above? The models are 'real women', I think, and they are size small. I'm a real women and don't define myself as such by my size in clothes. Incidentally, her hair style is awful. Worse than Ruth's!

They never miss a trick when it comes to making a sale - apart from the odd men's range, most of their beauty products are marketed towards women. That doesn't stop them from saying things like "...and the guys love this too" or "I have to hide mine from my partner" etc. I'm sure it won't be long until they cotton on, and the presenters start listing their pronouns on their blogs, and we'll be hearing phrases like "...and this is gender neutral", "...and what if you're someone who now identifies as a women, even though your gender at birth might have been different?". I can hear it now, when selling Diamoneeeek, Julia Roberts excitingly saying "...and if you're a man who likes to cross-dress occasionally, and to look incredibly glam while doing so, this range is perfect for you as you'll achieve that 'dripping in diamonds' look at a fraction of the price!". Ruth Langsford desperately trying to maintain a stoic expression when Jilly says “There’s so much confusion these days about who can use which changing rooms in shops. When you buy from QVC, you can try the clothes on at home and send them back if they’re not a good fit”.

I hate all this real women stuff, I'm not referring to the trans movement but since the year dot anyone who's slim is either starving themselves or spending every spare minute down the gym just to make sure they look perfect - These are not real women of course. The real woman is anything between a bit overweight to very overweight and shock horror doesn't put make up on to take the bins out/go to the corner shop - what a load of old cobblers. For a start, a slim figure does come naturally to some. I'm slim and I've never been to a gym in my life. Some women can eat as many burgers, doughnuts, chips as they like and not put on a pound in weight, some only have to look at a burger and they'll put on weight, some women are obsessed with they way the look, won't leave the house without a full face of slap, or be seen dead in joggers and a jumper - Women may look different, and have different attitudes, but they are ALL real. It's a lazy/unfair/unnecessary way of selling clothes imo to try and appeal to one group of people by slating another. Just show us yer wares and let people decide whether they want to buy them!

Real women as opposed to 'pretend' women?

I hate that term. We're all 'real' women, men or children. WTAF do they mean by 'real' anyway? I get the impression they're trying to use it to be PC towards bigger women. That's offensive to smaller women. And 'pretend' women, no doubt.

As Merryone says, just show the products, give accurate measurements and info and shut up with pigeon-holing.

Latest posts

Back