Claudia's neice (:

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Way to make a newcomer welcome folks! (Snoopy, Daisy etc) Are you trying to make someone feel insecure? Not everyone is blessed with being perfect in every way - I'm certainly not (unlike some around here, apparently) and I'm bloomin' grateful that (so far, at least) no-one is marking me on my posts which is, effectively what is happening here. What are we saying - we only trust people with perfect spelling/grammar/typing skills? A few of us should sling our hooks if that's the case.
Has it occurred to all those cynics that we may have been contacted by someone who wants to be friendly, to defend her lovely aunt (about whom she would be so much more informed than the rest of us) and who is honest as the day is long? It might just be the case ...

Actually Nicky, im entitled to my opinion.. I was making an observation on whether Georgie was likely to be who she said she was, based on her posts.. I wasn't nasty or anything, just suspicious, as others have been.. Im not slating her for her bad spelling & grammar (I made a boo boo in my post).. Im stating that, given certain facts, I tend to think that Georgie isn't Claudia's niece.. Whether you agree with me or not Nicky.. We can't all have the same opinions, but just because some of us are more suspicious, doesn't make us wrong does it?

i dont know who claudia is let alone her neice but just to add my two penneth worth... i was shocked recently at the spelling of my friends 16 year old daughter. and it wasnt just the spelling. she used weak in place of week, peace instead. my 11 year old's written english is better. its his second language and he learned how to write english from the Sky EPG lol

text speak doesnt bother me and i dont get my knickers in a twist about spelling mistakes in a forum as 9 times out of 10 its a typo but it is hard not to correct a child or teenager. i tried the subtle approach... i used the correct spelling in a sentence of my own. didnt work. then i remembered 16 year olds dont do subtle lol

I was just a bit suss about the whole post if she's genuine all well and good and i have welcomed her,if you read my posts on this thread please point out where i've said anything wrong ? Also it came a bit soon after this newcomers thread http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19070 which i also think is well suss.

You did suggest that you thought, as you said, the thread was 'suss'. It's Georgie's thread, stands to reason she has read it and some of the posts will seem less than welcoming.

I just hate the rudeness, it’s like certain people get off on being downright rude to strangers. Oh well, each to their own I suppose.

Do you mean people on this thread getting off on being downright rude to strangers or on forums in general?

Actually Nicky, im entitled to my opinion.. I was making an observation on whether Georgie was likely to be who she said she was, based on her posts.. I wasn't nasty or anything, just suspicious, as others have been.. Im not slating her for her bad spelling & grammar (I made a boo boo in my post).. Im stating that, given certain facts, I tend to think that Georgie isn't Claudia's niece.. Whether you agree with me or not Nicky.. We can't all have the same opinions, but just because some of us are more suspicious, doesn't make us wrong does it?

You are more than entitled to an opinion! I would never suggest you (or anyone else) was not. I'm not being funny about this, or critical - everyone is different in their approach. I was not saying anyone is right or wrong that would be arrogant and stupid. What I said was several people are suggesting that Georgie isn't who she says based on her spelling/grammar and that by pointing it out (and therefore any mistakes she may have made) that is being rather unwelcoming to a newcomer to the forum. Clearly she has started the thread so is likely to read it - she must be really impressed by our lack of faith in human nature! I'd rather trust people until I have reason not to, not the other way around. Everyone else can do what they want. But just as we are entitled to an opinion, aren't we all entitled to be trusted and taken at face value in what we write while here?

Lots of people have said it's suss ? it is suss ????

I did say 'etc' as a time saving device to save having to name check every one of them! You were just one of the most recent.
But why is it suss? Oh, never mind - life' too blimmin' short to sit here defending my choice to trust people.

Personaly i don't take anyone at face value on the net if this is a wake up call for Georgie it's a lesson that needed learning.

I did say 'etc' as a time saving device to save having to name check every one of them! You were just one of the most recent.
But why is it suss? Oh, never mind - life' too blimmin' short to sit here defending my choice to trust people.

Yes that's true but coming on a shopping telly forum and the first post is my aunt is a famous QVC presenter then saying she eats like a pig is in its self suspect,disrespectful and not how normal people talk about relatives who are in the public eye.

Personaly i don't take anyone at face value on the net if this is a wake up call for Georgie it's a lesson that needed learning.

I'm not suggesting that I trust everyone so much that I give them my phone number, address, bank details etc, just that I don't naturally assume they must have an ulterior motive. I just assume everyone on here is genuine in their claims and beliefs and is honest. Perhaps that's where I've been going wrong!

Yes that's true but coming on a shopping telly forum and the first post is my aunt is a famous QVC presenter then saying she eats like a pig is in its self suspect,disrespectful and not how normal people talk about relatives who are in the public eye.

I don't know about having relatives 'in the public eye' but I just took the phrase as a jokey phrase.
Anyway, clearly I am some sort of innocent, naiive fool, so I'll take my leave.

I don't know about having relatives 'in the public eye' but I just took the phrase as a jokey phrase.
Anyway, clearly I am some sort of innocent, naiive fool, so I'll take my leave.

And so you should you spelled naive incorrectly we can't have that :mysmilie_61:

Do you mean people on this thread getting off on being downright rude to strangers or on forums in general?

Forums in general. I mean, we're still people right? We still have manners and care about people's feelings don't we?!! Some forums are a free for all and personally I think it's bad. But then again rudeness is my biggest bugbear. By the way, just as an aside, if Georgia wants to stir up trouble wouldn't she have said she was Debbie Flint or Anne Dawson's niece?!! She'd certainly have a lot to go on judging by the latest posts!!! :mysmilie_697:

Forums in general. I mean, we're still people right?:

wrong :mysmilie_81:

We still have manners and care about people's feelings don't we?!! :

nope.

Some forums are a free for all and personally I think it's bad.

i like it.

But then again rudeness is my biggest bugbear.

i like that too

By the way, just as an aside, if Georgia wants to stir up trouble wouldn't she have said she was Debbie Flint

or maybe Bet Lynch

or Anne Dawson's

Dockyard Doris?

niece?!! She'd certainly have a lot to go on judging by the latest posts!!! :mysmilie_697:

:mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back