Clickfree TSV - help me remove my files please!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

EmJ

Registered Shopper
I'm just wondering if anyone can help me. I ordered the Clickfree C6 TSV and as you may have read on the reviews and elsewhere, it is totally useless! Anyway, I'm sending mine back but am unable to delete my files despite following instructions for both "Master Reset" and "Remove Computer".

QVC have suggested that I send it back as it is with "a little note" explaining that my personal files and photographs need removing - yeah right!!!

Can anyone help me?

Thank you in anticipation!

Em xXx

If it is like the older models, if you click on OPTIONS during the countdown (before it starts doing anything), you can then see what is on it and delete it.

have you tried?

go to Start, Computer - to display all drives on your machine.
Then write-click on the Clickfree STORAGE drive (not the program itself, which will show up as a separate drive) :ninja:and choose FORMAT - this should reformat the data on the drive.

Thank you! Unfortunately, it is very unlike the older models (as I believe that they actually worked!!!) I have finally managed to do it but the only way was to set a password and then pretend I'd forgotten it and ask it to reset the password and erase all files! Trial and error and one very faulty Clickfree but got there in the end!

Em xXx

Oh and right clicking has limited functions and no format would you believe!!!

Em xXx

Sorry but a simple format will not remove the files - i could easily still get to see them.

The only safe way is to write data over this hard drive several times.
Should be some free software available online for a pc user.

what a massive F-UP this was by ClickFree and QVC.

Will it affect the future relationship?

CF has a FREEPHONE customer support number on their website (I am pretty sure that 0808 is free). They are open on Saturday. I rang them myself once, I think this number transfers you to their CS in Canada but is still free.

See - - -
http://www.clickfree.com/contactus.php

In fact, if you look at their opening times (10am to 4am in the UK) this corresponds to their Canadian opening hours.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back