Congested Skin?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

TrixieWoo

Registered Shopper
Everyone at the moment (even our Resident Beauty Expert) seems to be bleating on about congested skin. But just what is congested skin? I know what dry, oily, spotty, puffy, comination, sensitive etc etc skin is - but congested?

All answers gratefully received - have I got it? Would I know if I had? :confused:

I am not an expert, but I believe I have congested skin. I always thought it is when pores are blocked, resulting in blackheads and spots. I suffer around my chin and nose a lot. I had hoped the Clarisonic would help, but it hasn't really improved things. However, like I say, I am not an expert. DONNA! Are you there??

Not Donna - but Itchy is right.

Pores blocked with sebum and dead skin cell sometimes visible as blackheads & whiteheads. Often skin can feel bumpy.

Congested skin is something the 'beauty experts' dreamt up over a cuppa in order to sell more of their expensive products. I laugh out loud sometimes when they sit there spouting their spiel.

Well, i don't know where I am going wrong. i use face scrubs regularly, have used the Clarisonic since December with a variety of cleansers, and use a clay mask on the affected area. I wonder whether some of it is hormonal, being at a dodgy age (you know ladies!!). Anyway, I will soldier on, I don't like it, but it could be worse.

maybe using less products is more. too much goodies overloading our skin not allowing it to breath and just be may just be the answer...

maybe using less products is more. too much goodies overloading our skin not allowing it to breath and just be may just be the answer...

I think you've hit the nail on the head there boffy.
If Alison had her way we would all be layering product after product on our faces 24 hours a day.
I sometimes think all those products, not to mention pulling the skin to put it on & take it off, can't be that wonderful.

cleansers: morning wash face. then tri enzyme wash. then creamcleanser /balm for the night to get rid of makeup. then you must use a toner to close pores and get rd of any excess that the cleanser did not remove lol
exfoliate 2-3 times a week and add a mask once or twice a week. if you are really really good you will mix up some bicarbonate of soda stuff with a stiff brush and put that on as well as extra insurance. there are of cours callagen masks that are loaded with ingredients that you should place on your face. these are made of some paper/fabric to further enhance the benefits of everything else. if your skin is not congested by now wait until you complete your regime that was just the cleaning stage...

I agree with the "less is more" ..I went thru a spell of using God-knows-what on my face but now I wash with my ABC skincare in the morning (I'm old, I like the feel of a proper wash with water!) and at night I double or triple cleanse..first oil, then something like C & P, and finally a toner. I use a facial oil, serum and moisturiser, and a separate cream for eyes & neck, that's about it..my skin certainly looks no worse for it

Latest posts

Back