Cook's Essentials TSV 13/04/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Was hoping to get some PFOA free pans but Cooks Essentials still using PTFE https://www.qvc.com/footers/cd/pdf/K42527_Use_and_Care.pdf Come with a warning not to keep pet birds in the kitchen when using them (they are sensitive to the chemicals in the non-stick surface when they break down (as are humans...))

Guess I will have to look elsewhere. Time to dump my old pans too.

I worked with a lovely radiologist who kept all sorts of birds many years ago. He warned me to never leave a bird in a kitchen with a gas hob or oven as the fumes from them alone can kill some birds if there's no ventilation.

He also warned about scented (or cheap unscented) candles and air fresheners, saying birds are sensitive to those, too. Several years later I started reacting to air fresheners and then candles. I knew we were often referred to as his birds (all-female team under him at that time) but I never thought I'd end up behaving like his birds!

Oddly enough, I read about the different forms of non-stick earlier this week and how they gained a bad rep for fumes because people were using them on too high a heat. I know from my sister's experience not to cook non-stick at high heat as it will burn and become damaged so I keep mine for low-heat frying or boiling. Everything else goes into my stainless or cast iron pans. I cook the majority of stuff lower for longer these days and rarely fry high unless it's briefly to seal meat. I also got rid of aluminium pans that weren't encapsulated due to the link with dementia, though I see frequently simple aluminium pans used in professional kitchens.

My favourite is also my oldest, a heavy Crown Merton aluminium long-handled pan bought as a second from Heals in Tottenham Court Road decades ago. (aluminium - No dementia yet but I'm watching myself with an eagle eye, as are my daughters). My mother tried to "borrow" it until I had to say I wanted it back. Apparently it was a second because it had no lid but it's been brilliant for decades and tops up my stainless steel Stellar pans. Frying pans are Circulon and Kitchenaid from TKMaxx. Nothing matches in my kitchen but the food tastes just as good.

Cook's Essentials 4 Piece Non-Stick Metallic Cookware Set with Silicone Handles
Item Number: 810642
QVC Price £79.00
Todays Special Value Price £64.98
P&P £7.95

This Non-Stick Metallic Cookware Set from Cook's Essentials boasts four must-have pots and pans, including a 24cm saute pan, a 24cm skillet, and two different sizes saucepans, all crafted from lightweight metal with a Whitford Halo non-stick coating. Complete with three lids, this sleek cookware set provides everything you need to whip up all your favourite culinary creations effortlessly, whether you're cooking your favourite hot pot or perfecting a juicy steak.

A complete set - with a saute pan, two saucepans and a skillet, this set is perfect for starting your cookware collection or for giving it the upgrade it needs. With everything you might want to hand, you can fry, boil, saute and simmer your way to all your favourite dishes.

Smooth operator - each pot and pan in this set features a Whitford Halo non-stick coating inside, allowing your food to slip off the surface effortlessly when it's finished, without leaving behind a hard-to-remove crust. The result is beautifully cooked food that stays just as beautiful once you've slid it onto the plate, and less scrubbing for you to do afterwards!

Easy does it - forget hard-to-lift pans and wearing oven gloves to hold the handles - this cookware set offers fabulous results without the heavy weight and too-hot-to-touch handles. They're each crafted from lightweight aluminium, so you can easily move them around your hobs and pour out the contents when your food is ready to eat, plus the handles are coated in silicone for a cool touch and an easy grip. They're also suitable for all hob types, including induction.

Less work for you - each pan is dishwasher safe, so all you have to do is load them in when they need a wash and let the machine take care of it!

Find your colour - with three sophisticated colour options to choose from, there'll be no problem finding one that suits your kitchen. Go for classic Black for a sleek look that will complement any style of decor or go for Red or Midnight Blue for a chic pop of colour that will liven up the look of your countertops.

• Oven safe up to 160C
  • Dishwasher and freezer safe
  • Suitable for all hob types

Colour options:

• Black
  • Midnight Blue
  • Red

Contains:

• 1 x 24cm (9.4") skillet
  • 1 x 24cm (9.4") 2.9L saute pan with glass lid
  • 1 x 18cm (7") 2.9L saucepan with glass lid
  • 1 x 14cm (5.5") 1.4L saucepan with glass lid

All measurements are approximate

Like the look of the navy but feel the black fits better in our kitchen
Have let my daughter know about the set said she feels one of her pans non stick isn’t as good as the others.

Only saw for a minute but I thought they looked quite small, especially the two pans. That price isn’t good for a set of four pans, I’ve seen better for cheaper.

Latest posts

Back